South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:48 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Taking Time Tuesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

Amidst this super busy week, I've Taken some Time this AM to appreciate some of the good things in my life today. My urban garden is so beautiful and I'm really grateful to have taken the time to work on it so I can enjoy it while it's doing all the work to bring me healthy food and spectacular flowers. I went to bed super early last night because the only thing on left on my agenda seemed to be mindless eating which always goes so well with being tired. After getting caught up in all the home baked goodies which always appear at VBS I'll be packing my edamame and fruit salad which will be way more satisfying than all the sugar/fat laden goodies which will most certainly appear again today.

I'm hoping for a chatty morning while I finish my chores....and my goal is to get the pups out for an early morning walk before heading to the church at 715. Pool is not on the agenda this week, as it's just not fun once the crowd shows up and all my friends have gone home.

How are you all doing today? And what are you all doing today? Stop and chat before heading out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! It's an absolutely gorgeous sunrise although we are supposed to get rain a bit later. This has been a weird June for rain, similar to last year when I had to water the gardens just once!

Yesterday was a good day for us all - I gardened, had a cousin in for coffee and spent time quilting and dog petting. Today will be a little more structured with pet therapy this afternoon and the float to deliver to the Bingo by 5:30. Dinner will be here at home, not at the Bingo BBQ, no matter how great it smells!

Right now, I'm going to Take Time with my second coffee and two sweet dogs out on the deck and wait for the loons to fly between the lakes.

Have a lovely day!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Ruth. Glad to hear you're Taking Time to watch the loons fly....out on the porch with doggies and coffee sounds perfect! I think avoiding the Bingo BBQ is wise no matter how great it smells!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie, and everyone to come!

Debbie, I'm glad you are slowing down to take time to enjoy your garden. I'm just thrilled with mine this year, it's so joyful and satisfying to pick your supper fresh each day, right in your own yard and know that you grew it. My flowers are spectacular this year, too, and it really lifts my spirits to see all the bright splashes of color around my yard.

I only worked until 2 yesterday, and will most likely get home early again today. I've been giving the girls' rooms a thorough cleaning and editing out A LOT of their stuff while they're away. I think they probably won't even notice all the stuff I've tossed out. I must remember that Cindy asked me to bake several loaves of banana bread to take to an event she's going to tomorrow. I get that chore done this morning while it's still somewhat cool. Thank goodness for air conditioning, as it's going to be another hot, sticky day!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
This morning I will take some time to set goals for myself at work today. While it's nice that things slow down in the summer, sometimes they slow down too much and it is too easy to get distracted by constantly checking email etc. If I had started up my blog as planned I would have some things to write about, but I just haven't been able to focus on a goal since my mom took ill. She is on the mend now (supposedly - I honestly cannot really ever tell with my parents.) so I guess I have no more excuses! Last night I went through my books and discarded a few and generally organized them better.

I'm preparing to measure my waist this Friday after two weeks on plan (and one slightly off plan weekend). Wish me luck! Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's a beautiful morning here, too. I'm all set to head out for a quick walk before I get ready for a dental appointment and then the trip to Massachusetts for a few days. I love walking early in the morning!

Linda I will have to remember that term "editing out" next time I try to go through Fergie's stuff. It sounds much nicer than "tossing out" or "weeding out". He's a real pack rat but a couple of times a year he nervously agrees to purge a few things. (I've got plenty of stuff to edit out, too.)

How was VBS yesterday Debbie? Ours is next week and we're hoping for a good turn out. We hold ours after supper though, because so many people work during the day and can't bring their kids over to the church. Lots of our VBS staff come straight from work too.

Hi Ruth, I like the sound of 'Bingo BBQ' - even if it's not something we should be eating it's fun to say.

Hi Matilda, I'll be anxious to hear how your waist measurement turns out. My waist still measures more than the ideal.

Have a great day friends!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning!!
Storming, storming,storming here. VERY heavy rain. Just heard it dripping over in the corner of the room and realized it is coming in through the top of a window (the joy of old houses!). Now I get to listen to the splatter in the pot I put under it! Was headed to the gym, but think I'll go the cd route today.
Went to the store yesterday to stock up and there are no raw shrimp anymore...just frozen cooked ones. I knew it would be coming, but thought maybe I'd have longer. I should have stocked up while I could. Ended up with some frozen flounder that was ok, but not great. We eat mostly fresh seafood and it looks like the oil spill has really put a kink into that now. Guess I may go to eating more chicken now. augggg.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I always love hearing about your flowers and food! I wish I could pick more...it just seems the summer is flying by!

Mmc, good thing to plan some goals while things are quiet. I function more efficiently when I'm super busy and often find myself NOT taking time when I have it. lol

Heidi, enjoy your walk! It sounds much nicer than the dentist. Oh, well. Hopefully you'll get some walking in with Mom, too. Are Fergie and Penny going to Mass? lol

Cat, I'm truly sorry to hear you are now noticing the effects of the Gulf mess...it is very tragic. It sounds like a good decision to stay home today....nice that you can! BTW-my friend who is divorcing was having a huge dilemma about which old broom to take....I gave her a new one, thanks to you. It made sense.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-22-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Debbie - Thanks for getting us started. Sounds like another busy week for you. Do you have any pictures of your garden? It sounds lovely

Ruth - Yesterday sounds like a perfect day. Bingo BBQ is a fun name. Maybe we should invent a recipe? Starting the day on the porch with the dogs and watching the loons fly by sounds just perfect.

Cottage - hope it's another early day for you. I picked snap and snow peas yesterday. From now on I'm planting peas 4/1 every year. It's the first real success I've had. Your garden sounds really amazing this year. What a perfect way to plan dinner

Matilda - Happy measuring

Heidi - It looks like a nice day for a drive. Will there be kayaking too?

Cat - So sorry to hear that the spill is already impacting you so directly.

Time to get moving. I've got a dentist appt. before work then a pretty normal day at the office. I am "attending" a webinar this afternoon. I'm sure I'll pop in to visit during that
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - What a great idea. I need to remember to take the time to appreciate things too.

Ruth - that is a beautiful image and I wish I could sit on the deck with you!

Linda - That gave me a chuckle to remember the year my son went away to camp for the first time and I got into his room when he was gone and went to town! Now I don't dare enter. I have garden envy.

Mmc - Good luck! I wondered if the blog had fallen by the wayside with all that was going on in your life. I know mine can be a great distraction and outlet. Glad to hear you mom is on the mend.

Heidi - My DH is a pack rat too and his clutter is a major issue for me. I have given up but hate it. The worst for me is the sprawl across the kitchen counters and on the table in the spot my college son used to occupy. Speaking of which, both boys inherited this horrible trait from their dad. Sigh. Hope you had a great walk.

Cat - Oh, I had not thought about the shrimp! And everything else. I have to admit I have been ignoring the news since it just depresses me. Of course we never got fresh seafood here in the Midwest.

Cyndi - Hope the dentist goes well and you have a smooth day.

I am busy today: workout with my mom, mammogram, physical therapy, grocery shopping for dinner. I'm a bit worried about getting my bum shoulder up and out of the way for the mammogram but my PT thinks I should be able to do it. I think I need to take time to remember what is good in my life and also take time to refocus on what I know works for my WOE.

Have a great day all.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Debbie, what a great idea giving her a new broom!!!! Sweep it all out and start over again!!!!!

I haven't really been saying much about the spill, but it is really impacting everything around here and is so depressing. I post occasionally about going out in the marsh to plant rushes. So far it is not where we plant, but the friend I plant with who is a biologist has been so worried that it will. They have been taking water samples every day for a baseline count if it does. This is like Katrina all over again, but moving slowly to prolong the agony. I'm not going to get political, but let's just say what you hear in speeches and the news and what is really happening are two completely different stories. ie, when the news crews and their cameras leave, the clean up on beaches stop. So much beurocracy...the people who live here and want to get out and do something are stopped by those "in charge". With the drilling moratorium, thousands and thousands are out of work..not just the people that work on the rigs, but the thousands of jobs that support the industry are also out of business along with the fishing industry which affects processing of seafood, restaurants, restaraunt workers . nuff said, this isn't that kind of forum, but it's going to effect everyone in this country in some way.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi,

Just wanted to pop in and say I appreciated yall and this forum.
Closed Thread