View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Jeni ~ I have never made a cake bigger than 3 tiers, so I'm a little nervous. I am hoping I can get off early on Friday so I can start baking (if I can't get off work by noon I'm gonna be in trouble). I may regret waiting until Friday to bake, but I don't have enough freezer space so can't freeze the cakes (and I don't really agree with freezing them) and want them to be fresh. Unfortunately the house I live in the oven is the original 1964 oven and does not bake eveningly so I will be doing all the baking at the bride's mom & dad's house (family friends - the cake is my gift). Twelve cakes - 6 two layer cakes. I will be so sick of cakes and icing. The wedding is at 4:00 pm on Saturday so I plan on starting to set up the cakes around 2:00 - I want to have it all set up at the reception by 3:30 in case people show up early - I think the wedding and reception are in the same room - the Grand Hall at Union Station (train station downtown Kansas City). I am excited to do such a big (and hopefully amazing) cake, but I am nervous about it.
Mama P

Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip Toe if you must, but take the step.

Wiping the slate clean for 2013!

One for every 5 lbs. lost.

MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote