Old 06-17-2010, 03:23 AM   #1  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Default Aussie Chicks 2010

this is a series thread started years ago for the australian .. and nz chicks on the forum.. whether you are living in aus /nz now.. moving here or used to be here you are all welcome .. just come in and introduce yourself we dont bite.
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:49 AM   #2  
Blue Team Member

im down 1.3 kilos this week so im happily back on track.. with loosing weight now i just gotta get to where i was b4.. lol stupid set backs suck so bad,.. but at least im changing it
Old 06-17-2010, 04:55 AM   #3  
It's ME!

That's a great start back into it Amy, well done! Further to what Lindor has already told you, weight watchers isn't really all that different to calorie counting, it's just that ww have devised a system of their own which I personally find a lot easier to understand than calorie counting. It mainly concentrates on portion size, total kilojules and saturated fat content. This is the second time I've done it and this time around I'm actually going to the meetings and I find that useful.

Lindor, mate you are on FIRE at the moment!! It's so inspiring to hear you sounding so motivated. You go girl

I had ww tonight as it happens and I'm 300g down which I'm happy with. Unfortunately I'm over my points allowance by 3 points today so I'm not very happy about that.

I didn't go to the gym tonight as I had to do some study after work and I'll be doing the same tomorrow so I will have to fit in a workout on Saturday. Got to keep up the momentum!

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:59 AM   #4  
Blue Team Member

cool .. ww sounds interesting the reasoni ask is calorie king is going paid.. so if the cost is about the same it may be worth while.. so how many pints are you on julia?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Thanx for the new thread Amy! Now it really feels like a fresh start!

And well done on your 1.3kg drop!

On track still for today despite a couple of hurdles! My PC had a major hissy fit today and refused to work for me! Right when I needed it most too!! I am currently on my laptop and the PC has gone to a computer repair geek! Hopefully I get it back tomorrow afternoon! I need to get some stuff printed off that computer and I am scared I may have lost it. I will just have to wait and see. My laptop wasn't set up for ADSL so I had to call for help on that and then I had to get a real mouse for it because I hate the stoopid touch pad thing it has!

So with all that running around I never got to take Dixie out this morning! But, I did managed to take her out this afternoon! We did the same route we did yesterday, and that same bloody hill got me again! So I am determinded to stick to that route until I can get up that hill without having to stop to catch my breath three times!

I have also started a new ticker - Dixie and I, we are going around Australia together and we are stopping in to visit Ani first! It's going to be a long and slow journey, but every kilometre counts!

Well done on the loss Julia!

I went shopping on an empty tummy late this afternoon! But, I can report that I did not stray from my shopping list at all, although I was tempted a few times. And I gotta say Julia, every time I felt tempted to grab something naughty, I questioned what it might be worth in points and if I could afford it...each time the answer was no, and I seem to accept that!

Three perfect days on Weight Watchers!
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #6  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Lindor you are motivating me to get my bike out. Matt bought it for me at xmas time and only built it a week ago. SO even though work is now only a 3 minute walk i am going to ride my bike. I need a name for it. Its purple. Any suggestions anyone?

Lost a kilo and that was about a month ago i weighed in last.
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #7  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Oh oh oh and exciting news and weight loss motivation
august - niece Emmas hans night nude still life art, booze bus and much more on the gold coast.
september - niece emmas wedding
December 18th - 20 yr school reunion. Now normally i would say no not going but so many great friends are already confirmed and i keep contact with half a dozen on facebook so will be great to catch up.
SO weight loss here i damn well come.
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:21 AM   #8  

Get the bike out Vonni! It is very liberating cruising down the road with the wind in your hair! Fresh air to breathe, birds in the trees, it makes exercising kinda pleasurable!

I can't think of a name. I just grabbed 'Dixie' because it was the first name that popped into my head.

So far today I am doing well. Been out with Dixie and struggled up the hill again. I swear I am going to make it without stopping if it is the last thing I do! Of course, it doesn't help when you're riding into a headwind!

I have planned my meals for today...within points!

I pulled on a pair of shorts this morning, and I got the feeling they felt tighter! I really hope not, because I have my heart set on dropping some weight by Mondays weigh-in.

Anyway, must run, gotta pick up the computer!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Great idea on the cycling around the country, Lindor! Makes me want to pull mine out too.. at least it's pretty flat here, it would be impossible in Pittsburgh!
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #10  
It's ME!

You'll make it up that hill without any problems before long Lindor

I'm on 21 points a day now that I've dropped below 90kg and to be honest I've been crap at sticking to my points this week I was about 4 over again last night and I'm going to have to be VERY careful today as I've got dinner and drinks out tonight.

My last assignment is due soon for the first uni paper that I've done and I'm almost finished, just have 2 small things to add and I'm done burger. What a great feeling!

How you all have a great weekend

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I'm loving the sound of all this motivation - and all the great ideas coming from our thread. Dixie is a bit of a legend, I think, making us all want to do something a little bit different. I can't join WW online because I don't have a credit card - otherwise I would jump on board the points challenge.

I've been just a little bit off with my calorie counting this week. Maybe it's because of feeling sad, having my routine disrupted, fighting a cold - I guess they are all excuses, but I've probably been 300 calories a day over what I would like (and a little bit more at least once). So I don't expect to lose any weight this week, but the thing that really matters from times like now is that I don't lose my focus - or my intention to change my life.

I've learned something though. A friend of mine came down from Meekathara this week, and she badly wanted to go out for dinner, and have takeaway Chinese food. Now I don't remember the last time I ate that, and I tell you what - it made me feel sick. Not only did the salt leave me retaining fluid (which still hasn't gone) but I think I had a reaction to MSG or something, because it made my heart pound and race. It was a horrible, horrible feeling.

It reminded me of a day about a month ago when another friend (the one whose sister died) came around with MacDonalds. Now I hadn't eaten Maccas for probably 20 years, but I did so out of politeness, because she had bought me lunch. It made me sick, and it happened almost as soon as I ate it. I felt bloated and uncomfortable, and within an hour I was craving something else.

It's a bit scary - when you're used to cooking for yourself, and hardly ever eat out… makes me wonder what the **** they put in food! I know that I drank 2L of water yesterday morning, and 3L by the end of the day, and I still couldn't get the taste of salt out of my mouth. Yuk!

Anyway the plan for the weekend is to eat clean. Today's meals are sorted, and I feel strongly motivated to stick to my goals. Hope everyone else has a great weekend .
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #12  

I woke up this morning with a burning desire to walk!

So I showered and had breakfast and headed out for my usual walk. Because I was enjoying it so much but the halfway mark, I decided to add another couple of blocks to it and wound up doing nearly 4kms. I might still take Dixie out this afternoon, but I am also contemplating giving my sore butt a break now that I have done the walk. I also have TOM and I am feeling bloated and crampy today and I am not sure I'll be comfortable being hunched up on the bike.

I have my meals planned for today and tomorrow...all within point allowance.

And I am drinking a heap of water as I write this!

Ani, I know how hard it is to stay on track when the mood is down. All I can suggest is maybe ignore the pressure of counting calories for now and just work on eating fresh and healthy foods and get some exersice in, because often that will help to pick up the mood a little.

And you know you are grieving Ani, and you know there is a process to that, that takes time alone. Hang in there

Julia, surely it will take a little time to adjust to the new points allowance? What were you at before? I am curious as to whether you drop one point at a time or whether you drop two or three.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oh yeah, I also brought in some single serve desserts yesterday. I was reluctant because I know that I am capable of downing the lot in one sitting, but I am pleased to say I stuck to just one last night and still remained within my point allowance.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:24 AM   #13  

I've slightly modified my exercises ticker so I can include the distance I walk too. I figure the future may also hold days like today too, where I just feel like walking instead of cycling.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Yay I'm down another 1.7 this week - so total of 5.6 in 3 weeks. I had a couple of badly over calories days this week, too. Then again, yesterday I had to have a milkshake last night because I was so far under calories and not hungry at all.

Isn't it funny, when you're on a roll (even if it's only a short roll!), it all seems so easy that you wonder why you haven't been doing it all along. It's very odd how the mojo comes and goes!

Last edited by pacman12; 06-20-2010 at 11:02 PM.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #15  

Week one of Weight Watchers sees me down 1.2kg. I am happy with that! It's a loss - the first since I don't know when! And last Monday was not included in the week so that is really over six days!

I had a day of rest yesterday and didn't do any exercises at all - actually I was feeling pretty flat yesterday and didn't want to do anything so decided Sunday is going to be my rest day

I'll be out early this morning with Dixie as I have a few appointments I need to attend this afternoon...one of which is to determine if I am going back to work tomorrow.

Hope everyone else has a good week!!