Old 06-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #1  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 186/186/135

Height: 5'6''

Exclamation NOT squeezing myself into another bridesmaids dress

I recently found out that I'll be a bridesmaid (for the 6th time) in October. The past three times I was a bridesmaid, I felt horrible about the way I looked in the dresses. In each of those instances, I gained weight after I was measured for the dress. So by the time the weddings came around, I had to squeeze myself into the dresses. What a nightmare.

Another thing that sucks about being a bridesmaid is that all my friends are TINY! Ugg!

My goal is to be at (or under) 140 lbs by the time I have to wear this dress! I don't want to have to wear spanx or worry whether the zipper will actually zip on the day of the wedding.
Attached Images
File Type: png dress.PNG (75.3 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by junebug41; 06-16-2010 at 03:52 PM.
My Body in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

If you stick to your goals well enough, the only thing you'll have to worry about is it being too loose

Best of luck, and don't let yourself down
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

YOU CAN DO IT! (cute dress by the way)

I'm getting married in August (not having bridesmaids) however, when I bought my dress in January I ordered it two sizes smaller for 'motivation' (probably not the best idea), but when I tried it on a few weeks ago it fit perfectly, almost a little too big. I still have over two months to go and approx. 20 pounds to lose before the wedding (my mini-goal). So if I can do it, YOU definitely can!
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/230/145

Height: 5'7

Stella: I'm getting married oct of next year. I thought about doing that! I came across a dress i LOVE and a great price but it was a size 10 and i'm currently in a 18 i wasn't sure if i should take the risk But it is a good way to get motivated, I just keep telling myself healthy and skinny for me and my soon to be
Deedee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/198/155

Height: 5'6''

You can totally do it!! Just remember, the other girls may be small, but you'll be strong and healthy! Good luck. :-)
SoonToBeHealthyHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #6  
movin on...

S/C/G: 85/79/65 KG

Height: 163cm

That is a cute dress!
YES, u'll walk down the aisle looking super fabulous and u wont have to worry about your dress 'exploding' because u'll be 29 lb lighter When is the wedding? How much time do you have?
I love weddings Oooooh, and while u r at it perhaps u could check out the guys for us -lol-
gnocchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #7  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Heeey, cute dress. I like the high-waists when I'm feeling bigger than I wanna be.

I'm in the same boat as you right now, actually. My brother's getting married next month, and as he's marrying one of my girl friends.. I'm the maid of honour. My future sister-in-law is pretty chill, so we all just went to the mall and bought bridesmaids dresses that fit us all and fit in with the very funky Alice-in-Wonderlandish theme of her wedding.

I loved it. It's the kind of funky dress I will wear to the bar after. Took a pic of myself in it.

EXCEPT ... since then, I've gained back ten lbs of hard-lost weight. I mean... sonovab!tch.

So.. I'm in the same boat as you! I don't want to be trying to squeeze desperately into a bridesmaids dress that "kinda" fits me!
You and me, lady, let's kick some butt and look great for these weddings!

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-17-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/170/140

Height: 5'8"

I totally understand! I am in a wedding this Fall and my friend and the other bridesmaids are in awesome shape, on of them is a finalist for the next americas top model, just to give you a mental picture!! So I hope to lose 10 lbs a month for the next3 months, cause the month after that I am in another wedding, IN MEXICO!!! so swimsuit body, here I come!!
bonbonj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I too, am going to be a bridesmaid next month. Sad part is, I am 19 pounds shy of my wedding day goal of 159. I've lost 31, but I am in a rut! I cannot get the scale to budge, and I have 22 days left. Hoping for another few pounds in the mean time. Good luck to you all!

And bonbon, where are you at? I grew up in MT, and miss it terribly!

Last edited by jaimie1980; 06-17-2010 at 09:46 PM.
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #10  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

My sister is getting married in a week and a half. My goal was to lose 20 pounds by then, and I ended up losing 40!

Good luck with your goal!
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #11  
Graceful Loser

I've never been a bridesmaid, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine to imagine being at goal and getting the chance to be a bridesmaid. I think it would be so cool to have that opportunity and actually look great in a bridesmaid dress. I don't even "daydream" about my wedding, so it's probably a bit odd to think about that.

That dress is cute and you are going to look beautiful in it. Just believe in yourself and stay the course. Also, you should update with pictures after the wedding!
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote