Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #1  

Default Jillian Michaels' new show

So I have been taking a little break from working out for like the last 7 months (I used to play soccer and I decided to stop playing). Last night I watched an episode of Losing It with Jillian Michaels and I was so inspired to start working out again. I think it is moving to a new time, Tuesday's @ 8/7c. I think I am going to keep up watching what Jillian does to save people's lives and remember that if they can do it...so can I!
soccergk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I love it. I just caught the newest episode on tv and the rest on hulu. I feel like with this show she addresses more than just weight control, but the baggage that people hold onto that gives them the lack of motivation and desire in the first place. It is really inspiring. As soon as the show was over I worked out to a fitness dvd.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:17 AM   #3  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

I have really been touched by the two episodes that I watched. Jillian has a way of getting to the heart of the family's weight issues that I did not expect to see from her. A really uplifting show! We need more shows like this that address our nation's increasing girth.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

I saw last night's episode but I had to wonder if the contestants truly just dieted and exercised to lose that amount of weight. I wonder if they starve themselves and take pills. I mean the mother in last night's episode lost 74 lbs in 2 months! Thats like 9.25 lbs a week! Is that even possible in real life??????
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

They probably had 1-1 training, not with Jillian per say, but someone appointed by her. Yeah, it is underhanded, but I think someone starving is way more of a major health risk.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

I don't understand why people love her so much. She seems like a bully to me.
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/212/180

Height: 5'2

I love Jillian!!! And I'm sure they all have trainers but I highly doubt they starve themselves or anything like that. They are all about becoming healthier and such. 9.25 lbs a week is a lot but if you ever have watched the biggest loser, its definitely not impossible. I think a lot of it too depends on how much body fat you have. The bigger people always seem to lose it in high amounts when they change their diet and begin to exercise. Just a thought...
shortstuff17 is offline   Reply With Quote