South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Wednesday Whispers

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone has a great day today. I've been on plan for the last couple of days and realize how easy South Beach is for me when I eat allowed foods I actually enjoy. I'm still having the "backed up" issue, but feel more comfortable for some reason. Perhaps I'm just burning up most of what I eat, I don't know.

I've been seriously lacking motivation at work...need to get my butt in gear. There is so much I want to accomplish before the new semester begins in August. I know it seems like so far away, but it's really not. If only my boss would go on vacation (sigh) but of course she won't. In her mind, everything would fall apart if she did.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Matilda! Thanks for getting us started. Sorry about the boss thing, people like that can be difficult.

It's a dreary morning. I've taken a week of from running, I just haven't gotten into it, but I'm feeling it in my mood. Now that the kids are out for the summer, they don't get up until 7:30, and I just can't get myself up 2 hours early to be back in time for the DH to leave. Sigh. It might just have to happen.

Found more jicama!! MUCH cheaper at WalMart than the local grocer. I'm not a walmart fan, but 1/2 the price on such a lovely veggie is worth it. Guess I'll have to make an occasional trip!

Time for more coffee!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mmckellen...are you in phase 1 or 2? For the backed up thing...phase 2, make a salad out of cracked wheat (bulgar) or have some amaranth. That will take care of it just fine. My husband is a big fan of essiac tea, because he has problems in that dept, but it tastes pretty nasty to me!

Same old, same old around here today. Soon as the sun comes up, I want to do a little rose clipping, then hit the gym, but other than that, no plans.
My dryer issue is finally solved. We broke down and hit best buy for a new one and found one on sale. It will be here Monday. Until then I'm 100% solar..which I really prefer, but with all of the rain we have here, I need an electric backup plan.

**morning, Twynn! we were posting at the same time. Glad you found some jimaca. I have been looking for salsify..I've never tried it and heard at one time it was a big local favorite. Since BP is murdering our oysters, maybe it would keep me happy for a bit till we start getting them again.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-16-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Matilda, thanks for starting us today. I was contemplating Wednesday Whispers, too, but only because I couldn't come up with any other clever alliteration. I hope you can find some motivation to get through your work day. It's hard for me this time of year, too. All I want to do is hang out around the house and pool and be lazy.

I've been running around here this morning getting Jake's supper ready for this evening and it's starting to get old. He says I don't have to have his supper ready, but if I don't, he'll eat junk or act put out. It's a pain, but easier all around if I do it now. I have some strawberry-rhubarb sauce simmering on the stove, too, with the last few stalks of rhubarb from my patch.

Oops, Twynn and Cat popped in while I was posting. Good morning to both of you!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-16-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cat - I had to look up salsify . Interesting!

Good morning cottage - sweet of Jake to say that. My DH says that too....but then if I didn't, we'd eat junk. (and the kids would never get any veggies...)

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-16-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The sun is out for now but rain is in the forecast. It's chilly today but by Sunday it's going to be hot so I get variety on my driving days.

Matilda - Good morning! Glad to hear you're feeling better.
"indispensable" bosses are so frustrating. Maybe she could go to a conference far, far away?

Twynn - Good luck working out the morning thing. You have me very curious about jicama. I don't usual buy grocery store veggies in the summer but it sounds like it would go well with all my local goodies.

I'm working a half day (don't want to miss staff meeting. Well actually....) then heading to my parents for the rest of the week. My Mom is sounding stressed already and summer vacation hasn't even started. I'm stretching my visit so we have 3 full days to do stuff. Next weekend my brother and kids are visiting and DD will be there 4th of July. I hope all the visits helps my Dad keep is spirits up which will help Mom.

I'll probably get online a little in the morning (dial-up ) but won't be around much.

Hope your hump day is an easy one
Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for whispering! I think I had a bit too much wine at Book Club last night and appreciate the silence.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cyndi...sounds like it should be a nice visit with your parents. I've been out of the loop and don't know what's going on with your Dad (?).

I'm taking a train to NC in a couple of weeks to see my Mom/Sister/BIL. Should be a fun trip (I hope). I have a little room on the train and plan to spend the whole time on my netbook and reading books. 17 hours. I haven't seen my Mom in a year and can't wait to see her. D*&n Katrina! She is 85 and these once a year trips are just not enough. I've had her within an hours drive since I've been grown and it's still strange not having her close by after almost 5 years.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-16-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 151/145/115

Height: 5"0'

Good morning all. Today will be a challenge I have a lot on my plate and will not be home most of the day to manage my food not to mention my workout partner and I both missed our 5am workout . Being out of the house to eat scares me a bit because i can not control what is in my food not to mention I have a movie date planned with my boyfriend and I know I will want popcorn. Ok I am done pouting. I hope every one has a great day
Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got up early, but was a little grumpy....finances, Oh Well. Went back to bed then it was time to jump up and take the dogs for their walk. It was super windy! I'm waiting on DH to get ready-depending on timing I may get a bike ride in before meeting my co-chair for foodage at VBS. The good news is I talked her into not using paper products and we're also concentrating on cutting down the sugar in the food we serve.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Good morning everyone! No whispers around here. Kids were up before me and are bickering like siblings do lol. Off to mediate and see if I can get things at a normal volume level. Have a wondrous day everyone.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi all,
A round of thunderstorms shook our area yesterday late afternoon--keeping us from the pool. Baby's grumpy, so we''ll be heading there a bit earlier today. WEighed in this morning and I'm out of the 180's (mini dance). Hubby and I were talking this morning about our various food issues--mostly that feeling of "I deserve this. I've worked hard.." SCAgirl, the whole movie theatre thing came up too I told him we'll just have to see movies after a nice filling meal and bring things we can have to snack on. But he was still stuck on wanting that semblance of normalcy of a bag of popcorn between us. I told him if we kept going in this direction, there wouldn't be a "between us," just a large lump af fattness with a big ol' bag of popcorn resting on it.
I was slo remembering me in college at my thinnest--which has NEVER been below 145 and I was wearing a 6. Sigh. maybe Have a great day ladies!! On plan!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hello, all! I've been swamped at the office this week, but we're ready for our hearings next week and our new embroidered shirts came in just in time for us to look professional for them! Yay! I just dropped mine off at the cleaners and finished up the last of the prep work for the hearings.

I hope everyone has been doing well today! I hope to catch up tomorrow!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

getting to check in.! It has been a week and it is only wednesday. Been sick with stomach problems since sunday and now just trying not to dehydrate. It will pass just not fast enough for me. The kids are busy this summer with work and sports so i am busy being a taxi driver. That is what is going on this week so far wish I could get on here more often but fighting for computer time seems fruitless....
Closed Thread