Old 06-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #1  

Default back at it and la lite question

Ok...I'm back at it. I just had a baby 11 wks ago...so in nursing and want to make sure that the purple program is right for me. I'm currently 167 and would like to lose about 40lbs.
Has anyone found a good substitute for the la lites?

Thanks so much!
mecastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

hi...congrats on your motherhood and good luck with your WL.LA lites are really a personal choice. I lost 60 lbs and never used lites except during TO.But if you chose start the plan with lites, you could try Luna, special k, fullbar or zone bars. Just a word of caution...any bar contains sugar and usually in the worst form such as corn syrup. therefore...if you use sugar substitute for everything else and eat bars...kinda defeats the purpose for me.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #3  

MJ thanks for the reply. What would/should I do in place of the lites? And I'm doing the red not the purple. Do you know if that is the red is the right plan for a nursing mama?

Congrats on your 60lbs!! That's awesome!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Red without lites sounds right for your weight plus the fact that you're nursing. Normally you'd be on gold with lites for your weight-and then go up one or two plans since you're nursing. Red without lites is sort of moving up 1 1/2 plans. If you're feeling way to hungry while nursing you can replace lites with 1 starch and 1 fruit serving I think (is that right ladies?).

You should be losing a couple pounds a week-if it's going to slow-drop the extra starch and fruit serving. If it's going too fast (after the first couple of weeks) then maybe you'll need to add in more food . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #5  

Do I get anything additional because I'm exercising 5 days/week?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #6  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Technically no-but again, start off and see how it goes-if you're losing too fast you can maybe add an extra dairy serving or half a protein serving. Or if you're so hungry you can't stand it . . . .

I would recommend snacking on veggies (celery/peppers/broccoli/caul) first though and see if that helps. I really thing green, leafy vegs should be unlimited but what do I know?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote