Old 06-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Weekly Chat June 14-June 20

Morning Ladies!!!

Another wonderful Monday morning *note sarcasm*.

My sleep schedule is screwed. I woke up at midnight last night and didn't get to bed until after 2am. What. the. crap!?

183 on the scale this morning although I'm pretty sure I consumed enough sodium to kill a small army.

I hope everyone has a GREAT week!

Things are busy at work right now and this week we're switching to working 4-10 hour days so if I'm a little MIA you guys know why. I'll still be checking in!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Gooooooood morning. Okay. I have good food planned, my appetite has kind of returned, and I have 9 more days until Key West. Woot Woot.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' ladies!!!!

No sunshine here today, but I'm thinkng I will still go for that bike ride. Since I got my new "first ever bike since I was 10" last Saturday - I am hooked and riding for 45-90 minutes a day plus walking and largo and whatnot, I better be a fit chick by September!!!!

Hey girls - Have a wonderful Monday - I can say that because I have the day off lol...Sorry Feral!

Stella - woop woop! Key West!! Glad to see your appetite returned! I think I had found it lol - happy to give it back!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181.6/179.6/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

Jenny, I wish I had the day off today - enjoy it!

Stella - wohoo Key West!!! enjoy your good food today!

I've been up for about 45 minutes already, just laying in bed, and am about to head out to the gym now. A busy day at work, topped with a new business presentation I have yet to start preparing for Tonight my goal is to leave by 6:30 so that I can do laundry and have a nice relaxing evening.
KateMG83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #5  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies!

I just need a moment to rant about weight loss in general...

So, at the start of June, I was really gung-ho about making it out of the 170s, so I started working out a lot more than usual and being really careful about what I was eating (I've been slacking off in this area lately). The end result after two weeks was me being up to 173 and so sore I could hardly move.

Now, logically, I know that sore muscles make me weigh in higher. Plus, I quit smoking last week (which is weird to admit - I smoked the hookah everyday for about 4 years, so I never thought of myself as a smoker since I've never touched a cigarette), and I know that that can make weight management more difficult.

So what do I do? Go on a week of crazy eating, including double cheeseburgers, candy bars and about 7 cups of Culver's custard. And not workout at all. And today I'm back down to 171.5. Seriously?!

I know that weight loss isn't supposed to be linear and that things other than diet and exercise will cause it to go up and down (like the enormous amount of stress I'm under at work right now), but I don't know what to about my upcoming wedding.

Do I exercise less so that the scale doesn't pop up mysteriously and cause me to fall off the wagon? Do I focus on eating and assume I'll lose more fat that way, which will make me look more toned? Do I keep exercising like a mad woman and hope that I'll look better that way, even if the scale is higher?

Gah... Again, my apologies - I'm just feeling frustrated today
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #6  
I will do this.

Not a good weekend eating... friday - sunday I was a mess.

I let backpacking get the best of me...

Not even gonna weigh until weds....

i feel like a sodium filled lazy ***. Blah.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #7  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Girls!

I'm on summer break now.... reluctantly looking for a new job for next school year. Grrr. These budget cuts suck! Why are teachers the first to go?

Weight wise- I'm still stuck between 241-244. I saw an all time low of 238 on 3/28.... but haven't seen it since. lol I'm not sure what to do. I've changed everything possible and have been trying new workouts but, the scale won't budge. I'm losing inches though! I'm in a 18 and some 16's. I am so in love with shopping again.

My new goal is to start posting more on here. I became quite a lurker earlier this year because of some things going on in my personal life. Those things are almost completely resolved so I think I can focus on me again.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #8  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Smisen - I think there's the age old question of what do you do? Obviously muscle weighs more than fat.... but maybe you aren't getting enough calories for the amount your exercising. My trainer (sorry I don't want to seem like a know it all because I am NOT by any means) says that I need to be doing resistance 3 days a week and cardio 4-5. Maybe you're doing too much? Maybe you're doing just enough and not eating enough. I don't count calories but she told me I need to be at about 1700 for the amount of exercising I'm doing. Maybe that's why your body went down... water retention (sore muscles ) + less sodium + you were extra hungry from working out so hard? We are our own science experiements... don't get discouraged, just be diligent in finding what works.

Stella - Can i sneak in your suit case?

Jenny G - enjoy your day off! I am jealous, however, there really aren't people in the office driving me crazy so that's great!

Kate - enjoy the gym!

Heather - WELCOME BACK!!!!
----------------------------
Ummmm I'm already tired of work but I have 5 hours left.... although I do get an hour lunch break so I guess only 4 hours of work left.

178 is so close to my grasp it's not funny... MUST.... HIT... 170s . RAWRRRRR!!!!

Taylor - back on the saddle love!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

I have had a tough weekend... and I have decided that my eating/plan whatever you call it is obnoxious

I'm no longer counting...ugh how hard is that???? soooo freaking hard...and I'm no longer going to be obsessed with my scale...once a week is all I'm allowed... Also going to opt for a diet more focused on veggies and proteins and not so many bread items... Because honestly before I ate probably 2 servings of veggies and I liked bread

I'm trying to be healthy...not squeeze in candy and ice cream into my diet so that other things suffer....

It's been really hard to try to change my thinking...but I'm trying and I hope to find success with something a little less crazy person driven...because all the counting and weighing... I've become a crazy person
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #10  
Brighter than the moon!

Smisen - sounds like a heck of a lot of water retention to me.

Feral - Sure. You get to witness me going Jersey on the bride's future sister-in-law.

Let it be known, ladies, lingerie is not an appropriate bridal shower gift, especially when the bride's father and 90 year old grandmother are in attendance. /shakes fist

Haley - we cross posted - it sounds like a good plan

Last edited by stellarosa27; 06-14-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/168/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello! This is my first time doing a weekly chat.

I did terribly last week and was unable to stop eating or get off the couch. I gained 2 lbs.. the same 2 lbs I worked like crazy to get off the week before. I am determined to have a better week. I even deactivated my facebook so that I won't have as many distractions. I hope to get the message across to myself: If you have time to sit on facebook you have time to go exercise!

...here's hoping :/
EmusGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

oh and also I'm leaving for San Diego tomorrow morning but I dont really wanna go lol

staying at the boyfriends house tonight because he lives closer to the airport...love you ladies...and I'm sure I'll be around some while I'm gone... Also exercising is going to be super tough but I'm totally going to do it

Also my crazy behind did 100 minutes on the stairmaster yesterday
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #13  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Haley- I know what you mean... I'd so do anything to work that ice cream sandwich in to my plan... must stop!!

Stella- Did you give the lingerie?? lol That's not so uncommon. Its not like getting some really racy stuff from your mother in law, at a shower in the church basement, in front of your ultra-conservative family... not that I'd know anything about that...
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

Heather - NO. This girl is the biggest prude in the whole world (and we love her for it). I would never dream of giving her lingerie, especially in front of her father. It was her trashy soon to be sister-in-law who thought she'd make a joke at my friend's expense. She almost got her face punched in.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Hi all!!

I havent been in this "weekly chat" you all do before! Its fun! Breaks from work and talking to fellow 20's is much needed during the day

Started "dieting" again this Friday. Bad day to choose. The weekend is always my enemy filled with lots of alcohol and late night beer munchies. Didnt do too terribly bad. Friday was around 1700 cals, Saturday 1500, and Sunday around 2500. Thats the bad part. But I figure, compared to the normal 3k-4k cals I eat a day, its not too bad.

Friday was at 137.4, waiting till Wed. to weigh in and see if Ive lost..who knows? Ive never stuck to a lower calorie diet for more than 2 weeks so I have no idea what amount of caloies I can eat and still lose weight. Guess its just a numbers game!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote