South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Magnificent Monday!

Happy Monday morning!

The sunrise is looking pretty dark, yet, and I haven't heard the forecast for the day. I'm hoping it's clear and dry, though, for Audrey & Maggie's Field Day. I'll be spending most of the day at the school, helping out and cheering my girls on.

Last night we finally got the storm that had been threatening all day so I won't have to water the gardens this morning. I had my first zucchini from the garden yesterday, and it was divine!

I just heard the weather and it's supposed to be hot and muggy with a slight chance of rain, but it's looking pretty ominous out there right now.

So how's your Monday shaping up?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - the rest of my family was floating on the creek when that storm hit...I was a bit nervous!! At least it was a short one. I just had my first batch of turnip greens out of our garden, and "divine" is a great word for them.

I tried a new salad (for me) out of the recipe section, Black Bean w/jicama salad, it is delish!! I am looking forward to having it with lunch. I made a big pot of black beans yesterday, and have lots of plans for them .

The boss is out of town this week, so I just can't wait until it's over!!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
It looks ominous here too, but I think the rain will hold off for the rest of the day or at least that's what they are saying. It's looking to be a fairly slow week at work so I'll take some time to prepare some things for next semester - update forms, etc. I think I need to go through my books too (they've multiplied considerably, and I'm now in the position where I'm reading multiple books at one time which makes me feel very scattered).

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm back on plan.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Rain in the forecast here too - 60%! Too bad because today is a free day and I could have planted. My garden may never dry out. My zucchini plants are still on the potting table in their wee pots so save me a zuke or two, Cottage. Clay soil is impossible to work when wet.

Anyhow I need to spend time in the house on tidying and laundry. I have two dogs who are suffering from lack of attention lately. Disney is barking way too much and doing her rescue dog circling and pacing and Jazz is just way too "jazzed" up.

The fish fry dinner yesterday was great - and I'm not a fish person. Yes, I went off programme but today I will focus on me and clean eating. Tomorrow's book club luncheon is the last "food" event of the week. In the country, every event involves a "lunch". It must hark back to times when it took hours to travel anywhere.

Hope your Monday is calm, peaceful and healthy.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Today is my last Monday of this school year.
I have soooo much to do before my last Friday of the school year though...

Fergie and I got so much done at my mom's this weekend, and as always it was great to spend time with her and with my sister and nephews. We celebrated Ferg's birthday with an oreo ice cream cake.... and someone ate way more than a 'modest serving'. It was pretty tasty though so I've got no regrets. I have to get my teeth cleaned today and that's something I really, really don't enjoy. I'll just close my eyes and think about that ice cream cake while she's digging and poking and polishing.

Enjoy your Monday ladies, despite the rain.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The sun just came out here!

Twynn, I'm glad your family was OK during that storm yesterday! It really came down hard!

Matilda, I'm glad you are Beachin' again!

Ruth, have a great day lavishing Disney and Jazz with lots of attention. I hope the rain holds off today and your garden starts drying out so you can finally get your planting done!

Heidi, what a coincidence! I was looking at the ads in the Sunday paper last night and was drooling over the picture of an Oreo ice cream cake at Cold Stone Creamery! At least I can't gain weight from a picture, lol! This is the last week of school for all our kids, too, and I feel sorry for the teachers trying to keep the excitement in check.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I got distracted taking pictures off a flash card and now my morning is gone It's an office day so maybe I'll get back on from work.

Hope your Monday is a breeze
Old 06-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

I got up way too late, and am in the office trying to accomplish something. Since I can't change the rain perhaps I'll get something done here. I will head to the pool around 830.

Have a great day chickies!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Stayed up too late last night watching "Treme", but worth it.
Sun is shining here and I can just feel the steam coming off of the bricks on the patio. It's gonna be a hot one.
No plans for the day, just waiting for whatever comes along other than laundry. My dryer broke once again and we've decided to just go ahead and bite the bullet and start looking for a new one. I hate to spend money on stuff that's not fun!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-14-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I'm having a great morning after getting a full night's sleep last night. Saturday night was terrible and I didn't get to sleep until 6 am, only to wake up at 8 am. Yuck.

But, this morning has been great so far. I made it to work on time with a healthy breakfast and got the bathroom cleaned before I left. So, that's one less chore for us tonight and more free time.

I'm at the office today and have a bit of a back-log in spite of working yesterday, so I'm off! Hope everyone has a great, OP day!!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hello and happy monday! I've just discovered the batteries on my scale are dead. I wonder if it has been weighing me heavy or light lately?? Maybe I don't even wanna know. I think I'm going to toss the thing out the window and worry about healthy eating instead of caring about what I look or what the scale says. (yeah if I could do that I wouldn't have daily weigh-ins lol)

But other than that, this it should be a wonderful day. I hope everyone has a great day too.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #12  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! We had a busy weekend. We went to Disney World again, this time to celebrate the end of the school year. I went off program a little, but I'm jumping right back in. I'm been good about getting in exercise, today I went to Curves and did an exercise video!! Hopefully, I'll have some good habits developed by the end of the summer.

I'm pretty tired of the heat here. We just aren't getting any rain and it seems like it just keeping getting hotter and hotter.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi all,
Finally made myself get into the ol' swimsuit. With a hurt foot, swimming is the best way I can think to get some excercise. Dh wants to head to the pool everyday. We'll see how long that lasts. Spent a couple of hours there with the little man in tow and headed back to eat some curry chicken salad ans roasted squash. yummo. Debating a nap now, but it's so late in the day. Did I mention how mixed up our schedules are due to being on summer break?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/144/125

Height: 5'1

I did yard work it this crazy heat ! I can't believe how hot it is !! I feel like I should get extra "work out" points just for being out in that sun for longer than an hour.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Fabulous day at the spa I won't tell you what I ate! But I am sure I burned it off.
Closed Thread