Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Question about the recipe for Iced Vanilla Coffee Milk

Maybe I'm just blind, but I've gone over the recipe a million times and cannot find anywhere where it lists vanilla as an ingredient. Has anybody made this and, if so, how much vanilla did you use?

Iced Vanilla Coffee Milk
Prep time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4 (1-cup)

Details:
Whipped topping turns this coffee milk into a satisfying, rich-tasting dessert. The cinnamon stick stirrer adds a light spiced flavor. You can also sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top, if you like. (Phase 1)
Ingredients:

* 3 cups strongly brewed decaffeinated coffee, chilled
* 1 cup fat-free or 1% milk
* 2 teaspoons granular sugar substitute
* Ice cubes
* 1/2 cup fat-free or light whipped topping
* Pinch ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
* 4 cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)

Enlarge Image
Nutritional Information:
50 calories
0 g fat (0 g sat)
6 g carbohydrate
2 g protein
0 g fiber
45 mg sodium

Directions:

1. In a pitcher, combine coffee, milk, vanilla, and sugar substitute; stir well. Fill 4 (10-ounce) glasses with ice. Pour coffee mixture over ice. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the whipped topping into each glass.
2. Stir gently so that some topping mixes with coffee and some remains at the top of the glass. Garnish each with a pinch of ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick, if using.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/184/130ish - 33 y.o.

Height: 5'2"

i've not made this recipe - but from the looks of it... four cups total liquid, i would add a teaspoon. if you want a more pronounced flavor of vanilla, try another tsp. in fact, you could use a multitude of extracts to give you a variety of flavors. mint, almond, cinnamon, raspberry, etc.
jlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Yum! I just bought some of that Torani sugar free raspberry syrup...used it in a low-cal mocha recipe recently...but this sounds good too! I'm sure I'd like the vanilla but I might give it a try with the raspberry syrup! One teaspoon sounds about right to me too.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I'll be the guinea pig...I'll try it Monday and let you guys know if a teaspoon worked. Thanks!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote