Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Default Christian Encouragers - June

Christian Encouragers

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Last edited by Bootsie; 06-06-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #2  

Husband is baling hay tomorrow been cutting it and watching the weather. Yesterday they were burning next door. with David cutting hay. Flames were above the oak trees. My friend went over there because after 5 your not suppose to be burning. I would say with the wind blowing like it is and dry as it is, a person should not be burning. I will be working at the store tomorrow , wish hubbie would get that bathroom put in!
As far as hope goes with my brother I think an angel may be working in the back ground. I sure hope so! Please keep praying for him.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Bootsie, will continue to keep yur brother in prayer.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ thanks for starting the new JUNE THREAD -- we were busy over the weekend, and I didn't even notice it was the new month ... I posted at the last of the May thread that the story GARY put in by KATHLEEN does sound like you and it reminded me of us when we had our farm(s) and animals too. It is LOVE that motivates us to look after them day in and day out, but they give so much love back in return that it is soooo worth it ... ^Prayers^ continue ...

We had a busy weekend; company on Saturday; went out on Sunday. Today, we went shopping and picked up some things for our little cottage on our lot and our camper. There is a small leak in the livingroom section, so we hope to fix that and DH then wants to tackle the floor of the cottage after that is done. So we are planning our summer.

So an update on the car issue: the mechanic said to drive the car the way it is for now for as long as we can (in other words; run 'er into the ground), so we can save up some $$$ towards a newer one (oh, and the gas smell is gone now). The bank was very encouraging about a loan for one if we need one too; we have a few options open to us actually ... thanks for the prayers.

We had and on and off here today. My salad drum garden is doing fantastic; growing mega faster than the main garden. Our flowers have bloomed and gone; now the summer ones are coming up. I picked up some weeding tools and do a wee bit every other day for exercise; the great thing about the drums is that you hardly get any weeds in them and the few you do get, come out like nothing. I love my drums ...

BTW, here's just a few pics of my flowers from my side garden (I can only put 5 pics per post) ...

Cotton Candy 2aew.JPGAngelic tulips 3cw.JPGchow chow 1abew.JPGcorner beauty 1aew.JPGpretty lily 1aew.JPG
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #5  
Rosebud

I was sooo blessed with these beautiful flowers: I think GOD made them extra special -- as people would stop and admire them and that was so rewarding for my first try at it. I have some learning to do yet, like how to cover the beds so they grow again each year and such ... but here's a few more pics ...

Carlton Daffodil 1aew.JPGso pretty 1aew.JPGthalia daffodils 2aew.JPGblue flower 2aew.JPGpoppy tulip 1aew.JPG
Old 06-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #6  

I want the Blue One!!!!Oh they are so beautiful!
Your quite welcome Rosebud, coming on here and not seeing I just had to start it!
My brother called tonight and I think he wants to go back to the nursing home, he says his legs are both swollen tonight. Cannot find his bills, etc.. I hope that social lady from the court can help him out. I am so tired all I want is for him to be took care of that is all. I cannot get any response from the doctors and she told me if they did not respond she would contact them herself. She has all the faxes and emails i sent to them. All of this has been handled wrong, all of it. something needs to be done. Told the doctors that and I sent an email ,to my brother,that someone sent to me that was with him at the heart doctor and I think it has sinked in this is his heart doctor. He could not remember the doctor. You know if I had 5 or 6 doctors I would be confused who was who too, especially if I was sick when I seen him! thanks for the prayers he really needs them and especially to put God first in his life and NOT the Almighty dollar.

Last edited by Bootsie; 06-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am here gals...worked late....be back soon!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

busy here with work...

Pretty flowers ROSEBUD!

Thanks for starting us up for June BOOTSIE!

Spent most of Sunday watching my daughter run her 3rd marathon in a year...way fun...my dil and I went down together....Angie had to stay for church and the retirement luncheon of our school principal, plus she had to play bells...I hate when we have to split up! But great to have dil with me...my daughter was so happy to see us at 14-20-25 mile marks...

the kidnapper was at the finish to greet her...wink

Well...back to the game...

be good
Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #9  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ YA, I thought that it looked a lot like your avatar picture. These are actually smaller flowers; I had to get up close and blow them up so you could see how pretty they were; the color was stunning ... prayers continue that your brother gets all the help he needs too!

HI GARY ~ THANKS; I love flowers -- they are so rewarding, in themselves. Here's some more ...

apple tulip 1aww.JPGpretty angle 1cwae.JPGtiger 1aew.JPGBlue Hyacinth 1aw.JPGmagenta tulip 1aeww.JPG

We had a busy and tiresome day yesterday; DH finally got his lawnmower fixed this AM but my DAD cut our grass for us last night -- MAY GOD BLESS HIM FOR THAT! He has been overdoing it again and hurt his right arm: it is all bruised-like as the muscle pulled away from the bone -- eeks! He could use a wee prayer for that too, please.

We are gonna tackle that cottage the best we can. We have prayed and prayed about it, and have decided to start the front half; my DAD and SM are giving us a pre-Christmas gift to get it started (GOD BLESS THEM FOR THAT TOO); and we are adding in some savings we have left so we'll see how far we get. I will take pics too ...

We are gonna start the shell of the cottage first; and drive that car as it is until it quits, then get another good one then. It's a great plan; must be wisdom from GOD ... We had today and sure needed it before I lose any more trees or bushes out on our lot.

Thanks for all the prayers for us and our family; we really do appreciate it. Take good care and have a great week everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-09-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/223/150

Height: 5'2''

Hello everyone! I am not new to 3FC but new to this group. I would love to join you guys on your journey! "Christian Encouragers" I don't think it can get more encouraging than that.
ManDy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I'll see if I can catch up a little bit. Angie is teaching a yoga class at the studio tonight. She will be teaching Friday nights for the summer which limits our date night that I look forward to on Fridays....I'll survive We will go out after some nights and on others I'll make dinner or order pizza.

Tonight we are having pizza as her mom/sis/bil/nieces and a boyfriend of one are coming down to spend the night. My bil/niece and her boyfriend are doing the mud run tomorrow....Angie and my daughter and dil will do it next week-end.

We will have a BBQ here tomorrow after the run in honor of Angie's mom's birthday.

Work has been good and I have been close to home the past couple of weeks. I will be going back to Beverly Hills later this summer and not looking forward to that traffic and time on the road...or the nights we will be staying in a hotel....hate being gone from home...but I do like to eat and I do like to have my lights and gas on

I will be watching a lot of the World Cup games

I have been getting my walks in just about every day with these mutts...pretty much a 3 mile walk each day. Angie and I plan to go out for 3 tomorrow morning then take her mom to breakfast at a place we really enjoy that we don't go to often. It is owned by a friend of ours...great breakfast...but we like to take the dogs to the beach and eat at the cafe there on Saturdays when we can....the other place is in town and doesn't have outside seating.

Angie plays bells at 8:00 service on Sunday so we won't go to the beach that morning.

Next week-end we also go camping with the family here in town

Well gals I will check out for now.

WELCOME MANDY ~ My parents family were from Bloomington, IL. My uncle still lives there.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #12  
Rosebud

MANDY ~ yes, the very name of this thread/group is encouraging; I always liked that idea ...

GARY ~ busy as usual; but lots of fun spent with your family; thanks for the update on ANNIE -- that's a great idea to reward herself with a fun trip to Disneyland for getting through all those treatments; I admire her for her toughness (as we do our BARGOO too) ... prayers continue for restoration too!

GOOD NEWS UPDATES in the Prayers Warrior's thread tonight; please do take a peek over there. Hope you all have a great weekend ... Rosebud
Old 06-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Just popping in real quick for now to wish our long lost WILMA a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old 06-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #14  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello all. I think I've come to the group a few times before, but I plan on stopping in for regular visits now. Hope this is okay. I will be starting my weight loss journey on Monday. Can't wait.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 267/223/150

Height: 5'2''

Thanks for the welcome!

EZMONEY- I'm not too far from Bloomington, down around the Carbondale area, small world.

I guess I should probably give a little introduction about myself. I am 31 y/o single mom to a 10 y/o boy, Devin. My weight has ALWAYS been an issue with me. I guess it wasn't until I was older and alot bigger that I realized, it probably wasn't the issue I always thought it was at the time. But after the birth of my son it just kept going up, past the 200's, I'm only 5'2'' I think I hit my highest at that time when my son was about 3 or 4, I hit around 240 lbs. I also stopped attending church and was involved in a very unhealthy relationship. About 5 years ago I decided to take charge of my health and I did good (for about a year) I lost close to 60 lbs and then it just stopped. Trouble in the relationship, switched jobs, etc, etc. but I never gained much back... Until about 2 years ago. Things began happening and I felt pretty much out of control. I went back to school as well as working, which meant less time to get everything done. My unhealthy relationship came to a (at the time it seemed) tragic end. Bills were piling up so I decided to get a second job, and I learned when last summer came I would be losing both my jobs (cuts in education) but that if money quit coming in they could let us go any day, this went on from October '08 - June'09 when we were finally let go. Throughout all of this I managed to put back on all the weight I had lost plus about 20 lbs... With all that said there is a happy ending Somewhere along the way, in the past couple years, I found a church to get back involved in. I have a very supportive family, as well as some great friends who saw I was hitting bottom and kept me from having a nervous breakdown! One of the main things I wanted to do was get the weight off I had put on, but I knew there were more important things that had to be repaired first and top of the list was my relationship with Jesus Christ. When I began working on that other things just began falling into place. March of '09 was the beginning of the end of my downward spiral! I realized how unhealthy that relationship had been and really let go of the anger and hurt I was holding on to. I cleaned house and got my finances back in order, making some huge changes in the way my son and I lived. I joined weight watchers in August '09, but didn't stick to it, still wasn't ready. I got rehired at my job (my primary job) in October '09. (Although due to the states finances I have lost it again this summer, and do not look to be rehired this time). I finished school in October '09 and graduated with my bachelors degree in Business in December '09. I began volunteering in the children's ministry program at my church, and have made some great friends there as well. Then in January of this year I decided I was focused and ready to put the effort into becoming healthy. I turned my weight over to God and haven't looked back since. I do weight watchers and have found much success. To date I am down 45 lbs! It's amazing what you can do when you get your strength from The Source
ManDy29 is offline   Reply With Quote