Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: ?/?/120-125

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up Insanity 60-day challenge!

Hey everyone!

Ok, so I have done a work out here and there but haven't committed fully to doing a full 60-days. I thought I'd shoot for this monday to start! Whose with me!! It's the hardest workout I've done next to an intense kickboxing class I did a couple years ago. I love it so much and love the fact that there are so many different DVD's so you don't get bored. Anyways, I'd love to see some people take the challenge with me!
sterling gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #2  

Hi Sterling Gurl,

First, I want to say it's awesome that you are taking this challange. I have already "graduated" but I have to admit it was the toughest challange I ever undertook. With that said, I'm glad I did it, I am more athletic now ( at 43) that I have ever been ( in my 20's).

So if you need some help or tips or support, I'd be more than happy to root you on
glowchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #3  

That's awesome! Thanks I am through with week one and can already feel like I can go through it a bit easier. I'm excited because this week I plan to start my diet...one thing at a time. Hopefully everything goes well! I'm super excited about it. I just want to get fit and healthy and lose a few pounds on the way
Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hey, I just finished my second week (I did the pure cardio and cardio abs today, and have today off). I was eating too much the first week because I was ridiculously hungry, but I am keeping my calories in check this week and trying to eat a lot cleaner. I find the workouts challenging and hope to get better at them as I go along. I like the challenge.
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #5  

That's awesome Onesy! I'm on week two right now I had to stop half way through todays workout I think it was the Cardio and resistance or something like that? I headed up the mountains in search for some morels and helped the boys load some firewood...so I still have to finish the workout. Hopefully it's alright to kind of split it up like that. I don't normally do that but sometimes I'm forced to do something like that. I didn't eat healthy my first week at all...but now that I have one week down I think this week I will plan on eating healthier. I need to because I have zero energy and it has to be because of my wonderful unhealthy diet ha. We shall see...I have a bet with my boyfriend too right now that I can't even finish one month of this workout let alone two and if I lose I get $50 or more like...once a month is done I will get $50 b/c he is NOT winning!! Anyways, I'm glad you joined the challenge you'll be done a week before me! But that's awesome! How do you like the insanity videos? I love how you do something different every day. It works perfectly with my personality and how I operate.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

I had a little slip from the mailman in my mailbox today! He tried to deliver my Insanity set but will have it at the post office tomorrow! I'm super duper excited. I'm shooting to start the program on Friday. I figure I will do better that way being I don't have to work Saturday or Sunday and will have ample time to rest and push myself through days 2 and 3, which I am sure will be the toughest in getting started being I will be in agonizing pain from the test alone!

Are you all following the diet plan? What are your thoughts of the plan?
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #7  

Um...the plan isn't that hard actually but you need self control to do it especially if you aren't a cooker. I pretty much starve myself instead of having to cook so I'm not that great with the diet part of it so I'm doing something else but my friends say it works great for them. I think it's just a personal thing. As for the first week you WILL be in so much pain I could hardly walk the first two days but now it's not that bad. I'm excited for you to start you'll love it!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #8  

Well the good news is that I love to cook! I'm all about food being my fuel and that's what helped me drop the 1st 60 pounds, lots of discipline with my MOUTH! All you need is one good Caphalon skillet! I can live on lean grilled meats and frozen/steamed vegetables. I'm excited to make my trip to the post office today on my lunch break. I will begin preparing for the torture! I'm sure pushing through the pain will be well worth how great I am going to feel. I've been slacking so much lately and feel like I haven't exercised in forever. I know it will be tough and will kick my @$$ but that is what I need, a good @$$ kicking!!! LOL!!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

I have the series and haven't been able to stick to it consistently yet. But its summer and I like to get my exercise outside this time of year anyway. Biking, running, etc. So to be inside doing a video or outside enjoying nature, I'll take nature.

I am, however, going to start the videos in July with a group of people. A friend is getting the group together but instead of following the 9 week plan, we are going to meet 3 days a week and stretch it into 18 weeks and finish up right before thanksgiving. Having a group to go to will be an incentive to actually do it and go thru the whole series. I'm looking forward to it.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #10  

Jen,

I wish I had your love for cooking and fueling your body! I've been a consistent 145-150 for a while now and really need to be down about 20 pounds for my height well at the very least 10! I'm hoping to get down there soon though! I love the videos though! You will love them they're so hard but you feel awesome when your done! It's wayyyy to hot here in the summer to work out unless you go at like 5 a.m. I live in Idaho and it gets over 100 degrees average so I'll take the videos but I might incorporate some running in eventually. Do you use any special cook books or have any that you recommend?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling gurl View Post
That's awesome Onesy! I'm on week two right now I had to stop half way through todays workout I think it was the Cardio and resistance or something like that? I headed up the mountains in search for some morels and helped the boys load some firewood...so I still have to finish the workout. Hopefully it's alright to kind of split it up like that. I don't normally do that but sometimes I'm forced to do something like that. I didn't eat healthy my first week at all...but now that I have one week down I think this week I will plan on eating healthier. I need to because I have zero energy and it has to be because of my wonderful unhealthy diet ha. We shall see...I have a bet with my boyfriend too right now that I can't even finish one month of this workout let alone two and if I lose I get $50 or more like...once a month is done I will get $50 b/c he is NOT winning!! Anyways, I'm glad you joined the challenge you'll be done a week before me! But that's awesome! How do you like the insanity videos? I love how you do something different every day. It works perfectly with my personality and how I operate.
Haha, you'll get that $50, don't worry!!! I have been sticking to the workouts well... I don't see a whole lot of physical change yet- in 2 weeks I've only lost about 2 pounds and I've lost a half inch on my hips and an inch on my calves and a half inch on my arms, but that's about it. I hope to get more results as I go along! I am actually loving the videos, though, because I find them to be really challenging- I don't think I've ever sweat this much from a dvd workout! I also feel like even though I can't keep up with the people on the videos, I am increasing my endurance and am getting better little by little. I did my fit test today because I'm taking my day off tomorrow instead of today because of a job interview, and I have seen lots of improvement in my fit test results, so that is encouraging! I mean, with switch kicks, I went from 34 in my first test to 69 in my second test, plus small increases elsewhere, so it must be doing something I am working on losing about 15 pounds because I gained 15 pounds back this semester. I love the support here
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #12  

I am soooooooooo super stoked! I just checked out this meal plan and it is real food, and actually somewhat balanced. Whole grains make me happy!! Took measurements and pictures last night. Started watching a snippet of the fit test and one of the vids around 10pm. Didn't want to try anything otherwise I would have been up till 1am because that is what cardio does to me, WIRES Me!

Sterling Gurl - I grew up in a family restaurant which I now own part of, so I don't typically follow recipes, I love to cook and experiment so every thing is a concoction of some sort!

But here are a few of my favorites for healthy and quick cooking/eating. It's all about the seasonings.

Greek Seasoning goes well on chicken, fish and vegetables. I use this one:
http://www.greekseasoning.com/
Tony Chachere's works well on everything as well, especially if you aren't sure about using individual seasonings. I'm from Louisiana by the way!

Great Value brand (from Walmart) frozen vegetables are my best friend! Pour some out in a bowl, season them, cover with saran wrap and microwave for 4-5 minutes.

Like I said before, have a nice skillet, I recommend Calphalon. The better quality skillet, the less oil required. Always have EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). If you grill your meats on the skillet and steam your veggies in the microwave, you always can have a healthy and quick meal in less than 20 minutes. I kid you not.

Another favorite is the Joseph's pitas/lavash breads. This goes back to my low carb mindset, but they are easy to stuff with deli meats, cooked egg whites, etc. That is a common breakfast staple for me, half of a pita, two cooked egg whites (cooked in a skillet) and 2 slices of ham or turkey (also heated in a skillet) stuffed in it.

If you want to taste Mexican, use Cumin, Chili Powder and Cilantro.
Asian - buy sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce and sesame seeds.

I can literally take the same main ingredients, night after night and completely change the flavor of my meal with the different seasonings.

Good luck with the cooking! I will probably keep a blog as I go through Insanity. I know I will be food journaling and if I have time, I will put the food journal online with any cooking/recipes I do. I'll be sure to share!
Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #13  

Onsey, That's awesome you've lost 2 pounds in two weeks though! I mean it might not seem like a lot but heck that's a good number! I did a kickboxing class last year and we didn't even see the number budge for a few weeks probably because we were gaining muscle but it looks like you're gaining muscle as well if your losing inches!! That's awesome congrats!!

Jen, Thanks for the cooking advice!! Looks awesome I'll have to try it
Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #14  

I just started this past Monday! Actually, I started two weeks ago but didn't get all 6 workouts in the first week and the second week I only did 1 or 2 (husband went out of town, etc, etc) so I started over this past Monday. Just finished Cardio Power and Resistance. My arms are jello. Can't type anymore.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm starting tomorrow night!! Well, I kind of started already lol. I did the fit test a few weeks ago, but then life happened and it got away from me. So I'm going to do the 'tuesday' workout tomorrow lol. I don't want to wait til next week
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote