General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Bodybugg/Go Fit users, lets keep on track together 4!

Hit 500 again! here is the new thread!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/238/145

wow these threads grow very quickly. but they are so supportive.
egent0032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I wish we had a forum. It would be nice to be able to start threads about specific issues in particular. You know, like Uploading Issues, Off-Label Use i.e. wearing in your bra, Challenges...

It's tough to find stuff in huge long threads sometimes.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

rebound, you can always go to the BB and GWF sites to find more specific answeres but just ask here, no one minds at all,
Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #5  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Wow, I couldn't figure out why my thread seemed to go inactive, DUH! I need to pay closer attention I guess.

Well, a update on my GWF that I put through the washing machine. It has never fully recovered from it. It does turn on and off correctly but the readings just can't be trusted. I broke down and ordered a new one, it arrived today and tonight I will get it set up. I can't wait to get it back on and see where my calorie burn is. Based on the lack of decent weight loss I have had since I washed it, I think my calorie burn has been decreasing. I had noticed prior to this that although my workouts were very similar to the previous months, my calorie burn had decreased by 300 - 400 calories a day. I think I am starting to see that it is harder to keep up those burn numbers as I get smaller. Doesn't seem right that I have to work harder to get my burn AFTER losing so much weight. Oh well, can't wait to get recording again.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
OrganizedChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #6  
WSN

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'9" (male)

I have to say this GWF has been pretty awesome for me so far. I got it 11 days ago and since then have lost 8 pounds which I'm very psyched about. To give a little background, I started working out (again) in mid-April and had been doing pretty well albeit it probably took me a few weeks to really get into higher drive. I know I lost weight from the fit of my clothes and things like that but I had no idea how much because I didn't want to weigh myself, I know I was over 300 (I'm a guy by the way). Then on June 2nd I got my GWF and started using it the next day. I had to weigh myself then to input onto the site and I weighed 302 (I surely started higher than that in April). This morning I weighed in around 293/294. Because of my weight my calorie burn is relatively high already regardless of activity but being able to see it along with my # of steps throughout the day has changed my activity level a lot. I highly recommend anyone who gets this to get the display as well and keep it with you all day, I wear mine as a wristwatch. I've been pushing myself harder at the gym, but there are also big changes are in other places. I now walk to my gym instead of driving there, it's only about a mile each way but roundtrip that gets me close to another 350-400 calories and the walk turns out to be very pleasant and de-stressing. I also now walk to my office. That is a little less than a mile in each direction and the walk is also very nice since its in a city and never dull, though I only go there a couple of days per week. I've also just started walking/light jogging when I have time and I feel like seeing my calorie burn and # of steps increase. I've been burning an average of a little over 4000 calories per day since I got this thing, I'm sure I was burning less before that. My daily # of steps has been more volatile but they've averaged close to 12,000. I don't keep a calorie log of what I eat but just try to keep meals within a range and taper down throughout the day, if I do the math of what I burned minus what I lost since getting the GWF it works out that I theoretically ate around 1600 calories per day which is somewhat less than I've been targeting. If that number is true I am happy because I feel I've been eating pretty well and have been satisfied which I didn't think was likely at 1600 calories for me.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my early experience with this device and how it has so far worked great for me. Information is powerful, and knowing what you burn helps in more ways than you might imagine. For me seeing the data in real-time turns out to be a great motivator to be more active. I'm not going to expect the weight loss will continue at this pace, I know better than that. But I do think my current activity level will continue and probably increase. The "extra" activity I've added to my days turns out to be more rewarding than just giving me more calorie burn, I actually enjoy it and find it relaxes me mentally.

Last edited by WSN; 06-14-2010 at 09:13 PM.
WSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

WSN,
welcome to the boards!
Not a problem on the long post (ever). good for you for finding the small ways to make changes and being able to see the big differences they can make. the extra 2/4 miles a day (work and or gym) is excellent!

when you get that part under control and feeling good about it, it would be good to log calories and see how you are doing. not just for over all calories but for nutrition as well.

If you have an iphone/touch, the lose it app is good for on the road, I have a droid so I have the fat secret app. both have good food databases. you can then create a food in GWF ( I call mine JAB for JUST A BITE) it is 25 calories. at the end of the day I will use that to enter in total calories for the day so that my graphs are good and showing what I want.

Anyway, welcome, keep posting the good and the bad and questions you might have.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #8  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey, I've been playing around with wearing my GWF on my left side under the band of my bra. It's been going really well so far, actually. I've been surprised.

I've compared activities that I do every week -- compared the arm band wearing to the bra wearing. Mowing the lawn and running 4 miles were very similar. Running 4 miles was within 9 calories between the two methods. I haven't analyzed how the step counter may be influenced since I don't focus on step count too terrible much.

I'm still looking at some other activities but so far it's looking good. My sedentary level (sitting on the couch watching TV) seems to be pretty much the same, too.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/238/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos View Post
Wow, I couldn't figure out why my thread seemed to go inactive, DUH! I need to pay closer attention I guess.

Well, a update on my GWF that I put through the washing machine. It has never fully recovered from it. It does turn on and off correctly but the readings just can't be trusted. I broke down and ordered a new one, it arrived today and tonight I will get it set up. I can't wait to get it back on and see where my calorie burn is. Based on the lack of decent weight loss I have had since I washed it, I think my calorie burn has been decreasing. I had noticed prior to this that although my workouts were very similar to the previous months, my calorie burn had decreased by 300 - 400 calories a day. I think I am starting to see that it is harder to keep up those burn numbers as I get smaller. Doesn't seem right that I have to work harder to get my burn AFTER losing so much weight. Oh well, can't wait to get recording again.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Unfortunately that is how our bodies work. The more you workout and more in shape you get the more efficiently your body works...which if you are trying to continue losing means you have to push yourself even harder to to burn more calories. I noticed that I don't eat as much during the weekends as I do during the week because I am running errands and such. i was surprised to see that just running errands and light vacuuming Sat made me hit my calorie burn goal with no additional exercise. I've had my GWF for a week officially as of today and am already down 3 pounds. Woohoo . Everyone keep up the good work.
egent0032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I really need to start wearing mine again. I got it last August and wore it all the time until back problems prevented me from exercising and I just have not been able to get back into the habit. I just keep forgetting to put it on. I will try to remember tomorrow.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #11  
Sue

Hi! I am new to 3FC but not to the bodybugg. I have had it for about 18 months. I just got serious about using it this past March. I am looking forward to reading all of the old bodybugg threads and getting to know everyone.
Sue
KayakGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #12  
Slow and Steady

Well, one full day is now recorded on the new armband. I am happy to report that I did not lose my data when I uploaded using the new armband, however it did reset all my goals, so it says I have lost no weight currently and it used to say I had lost 48 pounds since Jan. 29, 2010. It does still have all my weight measurements and the dates recorded,so I guess I am OK with that, but I liked seeing that number when I logged in. It is depressing to see it stare back at me with a 0 weight loss so far. Once I reset my goal weight, it also reset my daily targets. It has me down to eating 1600 calories a day and burning 2600. I usually eat around 1500 - 1700 a day but my burn was around 3,000 so that shouldn't be a huge issue, but my old Targets were to eat 2200 and burn 3200, so I am feeling deprived now.

I was right that my calorie burn has gone down a little, about 300 less a day, even though my work out is the same it was a month ago, perhaps even more intense. I knew that was coming, I just wanted to live in denial a little longer. So I have to kick up the intensity.

One interesting thing is I have been so down that since 5/23 I have only lost around 3.5 pounds. Ironically during this time I have not had my armband so I am really seeing how it has hurt me to not know my daily burn. I was staying on plan with eating so I know the issue is I am not getting enough burn in.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:02 AM   #13  

I have been out of the game for a while and I just wanted to say that you have all inspired me greatly in the last few days while I have been psyching myself up to get the ball going again

Great job OrganizedChaos on meeting your goal for the summer challenge!
vegandelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #14  
Slow and Steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegandelite View Post
Great job OrganizedChaos on meeting your goal for the summer challenge!
Thank You!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #15  

Fifth day today and have met my target burn - hooray! Also within my eating limit. So far so good. Just gotta keep going! Anyone got any tips for when you get invited to a friends'/family members' house?
vegandelite is offline   Reply With Quote