View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
mkroyer
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i too had a lot of trouble with losing those last 10 pounds.... i found that i really REALLY need to focus on cutting/METICUSLOUSLY counting every single calorie i taste, and cut down on training. I try and go as low as i possibly can, calories-wise (1200), and then, like i said, scale back the intensity of exercise way back. you dont HAVE to train for fat loss. Period. My body honestly gets very hormonally disturbed when i have a big caloric deficit and do intense training as well. Fat Loss stops all together.
I had the best results when i just did a little moderate walking, a tiny bit of maintenence strength lifting (NOT full body-- too intense) and really low cals--- and im saying this as an athlete! Letting go of the idea that i needed to train hard for fat loss was hard for me to wrap my head around. Make sure your diet is spot on, 100%. Thats where the fat loss will really occur.
Also, as i was struggling with those last 10, my body did kind of the same thing youre describing-- a LOT of yoyo, down 2 pounds, up 1 pound, down one, up 2...... A lot of times i wwouldnt lose at all for weeks, and then i would wosh off a couple pounds (usually right after i was supposed to have had my period--- dont get that anymore btw, as a result of training to hard in too big of a caloric deficit (another one of those lovely hormone, stress related side disturbances i mentioined)

Good luck, and keep it up!

"All the Secrets of your foundation shall come to light.... and when you lie, uprooted and broken in the sun, then shall your lies also be separated from your truths" Nietzche

"I do not workout. I TRAIN.
I do not eat. I FEED.
I do not sleep. I RECHARGE.
My greatest fear in this life is the fear of being ordinary
."
Personal Bests

MARATHON- 3:58
10K- 44:42
1/2 Marathon - 1:50:48
5 miles - 36:12
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote