South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Terrific Thursday Beachin'

Good Morning

How's everyone doing on this Terrific Thursday? Coffee is ready and so am I. Stop by and chat for a bit.

Kirk arrived on time and seemed to be motivated for a big push, so we got the yard done, packed up and got ourselves back through the mountains in time for dinner. He was amazed at how fast the garden has grown. I'm glad he is back and ready to get back into the routine. I'll ride my bike to the pool for the first time in weeks and since the Colorado River is at peak I'm really looking forward to it. Then I think it's time to get reorganized.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-10-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Thursday, Debbie, and those to come. It rained all night and the deck is soaked so I'll be on the front porch again to welcome the day.

Debbie, you must be just so glad to have Kirk back home. "Get organized"??? You ARE organized, girlfriend!

Friend Liz is dropping in on her way to work today. It's the prom for her son tomorrow and she's panicking over getting her son's suit pants hemmed so I'll do it for her. It seems like just last week I was giving her one of Harry's shirts for Eric's Grade 8 grad!

Donna will be here to clean this morning, I need a trip to the bank and then it's an at home day. I'll do some sewing and bake another decadent rum cake for a silent auction on Saturday. I have one done already for the dessert table which I hope will spur the bids on the one for the auction!

Just realized it's trash day so I'm off to get things ready. I have some 2000 year old chili that just has to go plus a few very old packs of hamburger in the freezer. It'll be strawberry season soon and I need freezer space.

Have a terrific day on The Beach, Chickies!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this Terrific Thursday! The rain is out of here and it's shaping up to be a nice sunny day.

Debbie, I'm glad Kirk got back just fine. He sounds like he is rarin' to go! Enjoy your bike ride to the pool. I bet it's pretty with the river up.

I'm anxious to get down to the garden after all the rain yesterday, but the ground is still too wet to venture out right now, so I'll wait for the sun to dry it up a bit. I bet I'll have several zucchini ready to pick!
I don't go in til noon today, and I have to pick up Maggie from school early for a dr. appt. that she's not too happy about. She has to get Part II of her chickenpox vaccine since a child in her class came down with chickenpox. The girls have tennis lessons, and gymnastics later, so we'll have to grab a quick supper someplace in between. It looks like a busy afternoon for them, but I'll take my book and just sit and read while they're in their lessons.

I hope everyone is anticipating a Terrific day!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth! Yes, I think it's time to toss that ancient chili. I can picture you, sitting on your porch hemming the pants, with the scent of rum cake baking. Enjoy your day.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:13 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Ruth, funny what I found in my freezer yesterday.lol Your day sounds pretty simple while the garden self waters. You and I have the same auction technique. Maybe I should try your Rum Cake on the Methodists next year. Have a great day!

Hi Cottage, nice that you don't have to go in untl noon today. I was wondering what was on your cooking agenda. I should be picking zuch's soon.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #6  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

I get to start the day by burying my oscar, George. Not the best start to the summer!! It was death by pleco.

It's always something, isn't it?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry you had to start the day with a burial. "Death by pleco"? Isn't that a fish?

Edited: Just googled and found out oscar is a fish. So sorry about George's demise. Bad pleco!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - very kind of you to hem the pants for you friend. "2000 year old chili"...LOL...that's my fridge too!

Lexiss - glad Kirk is back home , hope you enjoy your ride today.

Cottage - zucchini ready?!! Yeah for you! I have a baby yellow squash, and cherry tomato. This rain probably did give the squash quite a jump start though, I'll have to check mine today! I know the turnip greens are about ready...

FCM - Sorry about George Also awaiting "pleco" definition.

It is absolutely beautiful out there this morning. I did a long run last night, but I'm actually sad I didn't spend some of this glorious morning outside!! My DS has an awards ceremony today, and then he's done at noon (oh, yay, he gets to go to work with me...).

Have a fantastic day!

Cyndi - how was the carrot cake?!?!? Have you recovered from bday celebration?!?!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's another drippy cool day here, good for my peas but slowing everything else down a little.

Debbie - Happy homecoming I'm with Ruth - you already are organized! If you get bored you could get my house started

Ruth - my freezer is ready for the garden goodies. Strawberries are already out here and pick your own should start once the sun is out. Think I'll freeze some this year. Do you freeze yours whole or half? Dried strawberries were really good on cereals like Ezekiel flax too so I'll put up a few jars of those.

Cottage - I'm so jealous of your garden progress! My zucchini are just baby plants right now. Enjoy your Friday

Francis - what a bummy way to start your day

Well the provider I had on my schedule this week canceled again. there are some nasty bugs going around here right now. Even had a case of bacterial meningitis at one of the programs. I'm going to run into problems with this one because she needs me to do an assessment before she closes for the summer but she waited until the last minute. I'm not going to rearrange my time off schedule so it might not work out.

I already have the afternoon off (using up that last 1.5 days off before the end of the month) so might go into the office for the morning than meet DW for a Trader Joe's run ahead of the weekend. Tomorrow we are off to the Kingdom for the weekend. We have a lean-to reserved and plan to do lots of birding, kayaking and some hiking. There is no cell service and no wifi anywhere up there so it really will be getting away from it all for 2 days

Time to get this morning moving.

ETA - good morning Twynn! The cake was a let down. It was too cakey for me, I like the really dense stuff. Of course I ate it anyway. I'm remembering this morning why sugar and wheat are not good things for me. It's all whole foods for me with no grains for awhile.
Happy end of the school year celebrations

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-10-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Frances, sorry to hear about George. Fish are not too nice to each other, sometimes.

Twynn, have fun at Ethans event. The cookies should be a hit. I'll bet taking him to work is fun.

Cyndi, wow I'm amazed it's almost the weekend. Have fun at Trader Joes as you anticipate a great weekend in the bush.

I have a SFGF rhubarb upside down cake in the oven. Mom and I found a great alternative bakery the other day and it's their mix. I recognize that some of the GF ingredients aren't SBD friendly, so I'll just try a piece. Survivor Man needs some home baked food after surviving on dried goods in his shed. He exclaimed that his stomach has shrunk and he hopes he hasn't lost too much weight. I think I'll nickname him Les My food mission is to stay out of the grocery for a month-the budget needs help and the freezer is full. Day 1.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-10-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #11  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Somehow we've "slept in" this morning! The girls are still asleep and it is almost 7! That almost never happens -- summer camp must be wearing them out!

I will be here working today -- and tonight we've having my friend's daughter (Natalie's age) over for dinner. My friend (her mom) is having radio active treatments for her thyroid cancer (only 40!) and can't be around children (even her own!) for two weeks. So we're giving her hubby a little break. Then I have a parent's meeting for Natalie's cheerleading team -- how cute is that? She's going to do Kindergarten cheerleading! Come the fall she'll get to cheer at a few of the high school football games. I just couldn't decide btwn dance and gymnastics, so I thought this would be fun and she's so excited. We did soccer this spring and it was um, not really her thing. Ha, ha!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Lauren
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all. And good afternoon and evening to all who come later

You chicks are so busy! Both here and in real life. I need to go back to my habit of coming here first in the morning. So much to catch up on already.

I need to find something fun to do today - I have been feeling like I have PMS without the PM. And I cannot keep track of what day of the week it is! But I do know I have physical therapy today; down to going in once a week and only doing the exercises at home once a day.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I'm still catching up, but wanted to say to our new chicks.

Jewels, at first I felt like I was always cooking. It's easier now, and I really like the fact that I'm much more thoughtful about meal preparation-even when it takes longer.

Dizzylille, I'm glad you have time off this summer. Between extra exercise opportunities and extra time, it's a great opportunity to focus on your health and weight.

And others I always miss;
Pearlrose,

KimStar, I've been incorporating Beck Diet Solution into my life. It is really helping me to stay focused. I worked the six weeks with a diet partner and am learning lots from the Beck folks here at SBD.

Natalie,how nice that you are giving your friends DH a break. I'm sure he really needs it. Have fun at DD's cheerleading event.

Karen, I hope you find something fun to do today. You are pre-vacation, right?

Ok, time to pull the bike out!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #14  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Can't believe I slept till 7! Hubby and I stayed up late watching "The Thin Man". I love those old movies and the great dialog.

Looks like no rain today, but it's already too hot to work outside. Yesterday (with heat index) it got up to 115...ouch and nonbreatheable!!! No big plans for the day other than trying out amaranth. Husband is working 4/10's for the summer, so we have 3 days a week together. Usually it's just Saturdays. Going to a huge fest in the Quarter on Saturday and hoping we don't melt.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning everyone. just checking in the a.m. while DD2 gets ready to go for our morning walk. staying on plan seems to be difficult for me during the summer. going to stay at it and hope that it clicks. She is ready and we are off to the park to walk. Just 2 miles today slept in and o.k. with that.
Closed Thread