Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Talking Wonderslim Part 3 (Fri June 4th)

Since we are at like 499 posts in the other thread, figured we needed a new one
Old 06-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #2  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

YAY!! I found it...Thanks for the info on mystery shopping..I've often wondered about that - and how come if these cashiers know their next person could be a mystery shopper why in the world wouldn't they treat them like royalty!!??!! I get sooo irritated at cashiers/waiters etc who act like you are totally invading their space and interrupting their conversation with the cashier next to them..UGH!!! That's another story for another day!!

So you sell adult "novelties"?? That's a fun party for sure! I've had a few of them myself - talk about laughing till your face hurts!!

Jyoyo - I will look up minute to win it games to see what I can find and how it works!! Thanks for the idea! Don't sweat the 1 lb gain!! TOM is suppose to hit me on Sunday and I've been gnashing on everything I can find - ate one of those cupcakes I made for tonight, that didn't hit the spot so I had a granola bar, yogurt and a s/f pudding....I should'a popped a piece of gum but noooo....so I have no idea what the scale will tell me - luckily my WI is next friday so I have 7 days to be good! Gosh..why is it so dang hard?? I do like your idea of a Monday WI though..that'd motivate me (for a little bit anyway!!)

Keep those retreat activities/games coming..I've got till July to get my stuff lined up!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #3  

Hi Laides!

I read some of the posts regarding wonderslim on this forum, it seems like quite a few of you have had great results using this product. What I want to know is, what's the longest time has any of you ladies been using wonderslim? A month or 2, half a year? Does any major grocery store/health food store carry this stuff or do I have to buy from diet direct? Any negative reactions to the diet when you start?

Thanks a bunch! All you ladies have been an inspiration!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
YAY!! I found it...Thanks for the info on mystery shopping..I've often wondered about that - and how come if these cashiers know their next person could be a mystery shopper why in the world wouldn't they treat them like royalty!!??!! I get sooo irritated at cashiers/waiters etc who act like you are totally invading their space and interrupting their conversation with the cashier next to them..UGH!!! That's another story for another day!!

So you sell adult "novelties"?? That's a fun party for sure! I've had a few of them myself - talk about laughing till your face hurts!!

Jyoyo - I will look up minute to win it games to see what I can find and how it works!! Thanks for the idea! Don't sweat the 1 lb gain!! TOM is suppose to hit me on Sunday and I've been gnashing on everything I can find - ate one of those cupcakes I made for tonight, that didn't hit the spot so I had a granola bar, yogurt and a s/f pudding....I should'a popped a piece of gum but noooo....so I have no idea what the scale will tell me - luckily my WI is next friday so I have 7 days to be good! Gosh..why is it so dang hard?? I do like your idea of a Monday WI though..that'd motivate me (for a little bit anyway!!)

Keep those retreat activities/games coming..I've got till July to get my stuff lined up!
yeah i switched from a smaller company to a bigger company with tons of products from like spa to lots of "unmentionables" I have a total blast doing the parties and learning stuff so it is all good!

Yeah i never understood that either. I will quit a job if I dont like it. I feel like if you have an attitude that you are doing the boss a favor by showing up, you probably need a different job.
Man i HATE the weight fluctuations around TOM!
Anyways I will be back shortly have to get ready for my shop..., hubby is hungry lol! Monday would be okay for me except I dont really go out or do things over the weekend other than hang out with my husband so I think I will stick with wed for now. If that changes or I feel like the weekend is a risk I will use this awesome idea!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicakes View Post
Hi Laides!

I read some of the posts regarding wonderslim on this forum, it seems like quite a few of you have had great results using this product. What I want to know is, what's the longest time has any of you ladies been using wonderslim? A month or 2, half a year? Does any major grocery store/health food store carry this stuff or do I have to buy from diet direct? Any negative reactions to the diet when you start?

I have been on medifast and wonderslim since march, but wonderslim products only 2 weeks. Same thing but MUCH more delicious!
I think you can only buy online. Diet direct is super reasonable in price and have amazing customer service!

If you follow the plan (depending on plan) and get into one that keeps you below 100g of carbs you will have about 3-6 days of **** getting into Ketosis. For me (dont be mad!) it was NOTHING other than fatigue. Other people it is the worst time of their life, but then it passes. Once you are in ketosis its pretty decent Only TOM is hard, our bodies are wanting more more more!

So far I am down a fair amount in my 11 weeks
Old 06-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

Hi all! I started Wonder Slim last Saturday and was disappointed to see that the place that I ordered from didn't have a message board. I remembered 3 Fat Chicks from when I was on Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem. So I figured I would look here and sure enough there is a group of you on the plan. HURRAY! I now have support as I live alone and have only a brother living in another state.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping to see good results for the first week. Tonight I just placed another order. I ordered from the Protein Shop subsidiary of Diet Direct. Who do you all order from? How long have you all been on the plan and how much weight have you lost? I want to lose about 100 pounds and was wondering how long it would take?
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Amanda and Kewicakes!
I started the plan a little over six weeks ago. I don't always get it all perfect, but thankfully it is working well for me. I love the structure, and not having to think about what and when I'm going to eat-it's just so simple.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Amy
Old 06-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #8  

ssflbelle Welcome! Hope you have a great weigh day tomorrow! I have been on wonderslim and medifast since March and have lost about 27 pounds so far. I started at 205 after losing about 10 pounds from various things
Old 06-05-2010, 01:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I've been on WS for about two weeks....have lost about 7 lbs, but I made some slips. Have some friends who have done really well. One lost 10 lbs in a week. I'm just not that diligent!! lol

I buy mine at diet direct. But, if I'm running low or want to try something new I found a place here in my town that sells it. Granted, it's not the WS brand, but it's the same stuff that DD sells...like the bariwise brand and stuff. I found it at a weight loss clinic here in my home town. So...maybe if you look in the yellow pages for some sort of weight loss clinic...or bariatric place, you might be able to find one that sells the stuff...just a thought.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:55 AM   #10  

Thanks Amy!
And thanks for everyones input on WS.

jyoyo78, thanks and grats on the weight loss. That's a good idea, I might try to call a few of them tomorrow. I looked at the DD site again, they happen to be having a sale this weekend for the starter kit, I'm tempted to just get that.

spaghetticat, wow, 27 is a LOT!. Ketosis sounds kind of scary tho... I googled and read up on it a little bit... so what happens to your body when you stop taking meal placement/start eating normal amount of carbs again? I'm afraid I will just gain back all the weight, plus would Ketosis mess up the hormones in your body?
Thanks again ladies, sorry I have so many questions haha.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #11  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicakes View Post
Hi Laides!

I've been on WS since Dec 8 of last year so I am coming up on my 6 months anniversary! None of the grocery stores near me carry WS but I am in a small town. Starting was hard for me because I had been way overeating and I felt pretty hungry at first and I was not used to having will power about what I choose to eat. After the initial period it became MUCH easier.

Good luck and welcome to the group!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssflbelle View Post
Hi all! I started Wonder Slim last Saturday and was disappointed to see that the place that I ordered from didn't have a message board. I remembered 3 Fat Chicks from when I was on Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem. So I figured I would look here and sure enough there is a group of you on the plan. HURRAY! I now have support as I live alone and have only a brother living in another state.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping to see good results for the first week. Tonight I just placed another order. I ordered from the Protein Shop subsidiary of Diet Direct. Who do you all order from? How long have you all been on the plan and how much weight have you lost? I want to lose about 100 pounds and was wondering how long it would take?
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Welcome Amanda. We are a very supportive group.

I order from dietdirect too. I think they are the least expensive source for WS products. I've been on WS about 6 months and lost 75lbs. I haven't been perfect the whole time though. Weight loss rates seem to vary a lot from person to person but if you stick with it you will lose 100lb.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #13  

[QUOTE=kiwicakes;3325139]Thanks Amy!
And thanks for everyones input on WS.

jyoyo78, thanks and grats on the weight loss. That's a good idea, I might try to call a few of them tomorrow. I looked at the DD site again, they happen to be having a sale this weekend for the starter kit, I'm tempted to just get that.

spaghetticat, wow, 27 is a LOT!. Ketosis sounds kind of scary tho... I googled and read up on it a little bit... so what happens to your body when you stop taking meal placement/start eating normal amount of carbs again? I'm afraid I will just gain back all the weight, plus would Ketosis mess up the hormones in your body?

I TOTALLY thought the same thing, so i have good answers for you! Okay because on this diet (medifast/wonderslim/NLD whatever) eat around 80-95 carbs a day our body is only in a very mild dietary state of ketosis. I would read the information provided on the medifast site about it.

In regards to switching back over to carbs once you have reached goals- transition and maintenance are key! As you start to incorporate more healthy fruits and grains into your diet at goal you need to do so slowly- as your body will go out of ketosis and back into its regular state of using carbs as fuel instead of fat. Depending on how much weight you have lost you should take additional time for transition. (expect to spend like 12 weeks in transition if you are losing more than like 50 pounds)

Then once you have incorporated new healthy yummy foods- ie more veggies and fruits and healthy grains and whatever else you are in maintenance. You will need to eat at the appropriate caloric level for your weight and physical activity level for the rest of your life to maintain. The more you move the more you can eat but you may find you are satisfied with less!

Also some people choose to keep up similar percentages of protein or include protein very often in their day or continue to eat 6 small meals a day. Its finding what YOU can stick with. Also most people will want to exercise like 3-5 times a week a moderate amount just for health and maintenance of the body (not even just weight). This will keep you on the right path.

As for hormones- no. I have hypothyroidism, I think my brain surgery caused it but thats a whole other topic. The one issue you should be aware of is that most of these products are soy or whey protein based. For me I take synthroid and I need to take my pill 3 hours after eating or 1 hour before eating, however soy can block the absorption of my synthetic hormones so I get checked regularly... Well i got checked at week 2 and go back middle of this month :P

As long as you are eating a min. of 80-100g of protein could be more or less depending on your body size you will not lose muscle, just fat.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #14  

PS HAPPY Saturday! My friend is going to be flying in and arriving in 13 hours! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL day!!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/157.4/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone i would like to say that i just orderd my WS intro package
I have been battling my weight since i had my first child my all time high was 230 but now that i am done having children i want to be at a happy weight
for me

I have managed to do several diets but at this point i feel i need something strict and i need to have most of my meals ready without to much planning because i am always on the go and also have my four lovely children to care for

So after reading through the post and getting information i decided that I would order it and start asap
Closed Thread