Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: June 7-June 13

New Pages
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hello All:

I've been in Palo Duro Canyon, but am returning home today.

Sloan, I add my voice to the others. Love to you and the family.

Rhonda
Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Safe trip, Rhonda!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Going to be inconvenienced for 1 week as my street is going to be closed all the way down to the village for street repairs. Why do they work on the streets during tourist time. They had plenty of time to get the road repaired before the traffic comes.

Have to go the back ways to reach the beach for walking and marketing. My church is going to have a flea market and that this is the week we deliver the goods starting today & up to Friday. Going to get rid of old suitcase sets and dishes that I don't used anymore,cook books & reg picture books and pressure cooker. No appliances or anything with electrical cords due to insurance purposes. Going to hire a man to pick up the rest of the junk to bring to the dump.

Finally the temps & humidity are gone, I guess it blew out with the wind.Now I'm feeling my oats again and want to get started cleaning up around here.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting the new pages,didn't have a chance to post this morning,as I had to go way out of the way to get back to the main streets in town. Have a wonderful & safe trip.

VICKIE- Hi hope you ave a great day.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. Just got back from getting the car washed. I can't tell you how dirty it was, but now it's clean inside and out. Of course, I am hearing thunder. Wonder if I caused that?

Maryann, so many rules now! I think that's weird about not being able to sell electrical appliances at garage sales. But what do I know?

Rhonda, have a fun, safe trip. I have been missing you here.

I'm op.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #6  

Hi All:

I'm back from my adventure in Palo Duro Canyon. My nephew and I took his two daughters (11 and 6) and their cousin (7) on a hike. It was quite the experience. My nephew's mother and DH also went along, but didn't hike. (It's a 5 hour drive north and west from here.) I believe that it is the US's second largest canyon, after the Grand Canyon.

We all went to a well-know summer production of a play TEXAS and had steak dinner in the canyon. A good time was had by all.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 06-07-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another day,of sorting out the things in my basement and bring it down to the flea market and the small appliances they don't want [insurance purposes] I remembered I can bring them to our community center,that us down the road from me.

SANDRA-We had a wonderful church fair,I used to bake Hamburger On a Bun with French Fry cookies for the bakery than the Paster heard that people were suing churches & was afraid that people with sue our church if they get hurt from rides,[took away 5 years ago]or food poisoning[3 years ago] and now electrocution with small appliances.

Getting hungry have to have my breakfast see you later

Last edited by beach bum; 06-08-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #8  
focused and aiming

Good morning. We're up and have had our bfast. Now we're doing some catch up on paperwork.

Rhonda, your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Those kids had to have had a blast.

Maryann, sounds like you're busy. Enjoy your church fair.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #9  

Sloan..Thinking of you every day

Robin had his wrist surgery Monday am (the one I tried to talk him out of)
The surgeon was very pleased with how he did.
We had to head back to the ER last night because when the arm nerve block wore off the pain was over the top. Percocet wasn't helping , Robin said it was worse than the knee pain after surgery...

After hours at the ER he got a stronger pain med in an IV and we got sent home with something stronger..
He said he should have listened to me about waiting for this surgery

Today is my Birthday but we celebrated Sunday.. I am 53...
This is going to be a good year with a lot of medical stuff behind us...

I am going to check on the arm lump tomorrow and I will post what the DR
says..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I am thinking of you and your family.

Nancy, poor Robin. I'm glad you got him some relief. I'll be waiting to hear about your doctor's report. I'm wishing you the best. Happy Birthday! I'm 10 years older than you, so you must be very very young.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #11  

Happy Birthday Nancy! I just turned 35, so we share digits this year.

I'm off to bed...little guy decided to be up every 2 hours last night, so I'm a little tired.

Night!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #12  

Nancy, ouch, is all I can say. Your poor hubby. Nerve pain is sooo awful.
And, I'm older than Sandra! We're all hoping for the best for you and that lump.

So, here is my NS report. I'm hungry. I guess I should call them for some advice. I expect that I'm more active than most people are who are on this diet. Right now, I'm just adding a protein shake here and there. I've lost two pounds of the four I put on after my big hike a month ago.

I'm sleepy , so good night all.

Rhonda
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks, My dad died on Monday night after my mom told him she would be okay and he should go. My siblings and I had been whispering that to him since last Monday, but I guess my mom could not bring herself to say it until this Monday. Of course I'm sad, but I'm so sad for my mom. My parents were married for 58 years, and except for work hours, they were together all the time. We teased them about being so "sappy", but it was really sweet. She even put love notes in his lunch every day, and he kept all of them!! We have visitation today, and the funeral is tomorrow morning. We anticipate a pretty big crowd as my dad was a very busy obstetrician delivering over 7,000 babies in his 40 year career. Thanks again for all of your prayers and concern. You chicks are great!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I couldn't believe the chill in the air when waking up I Had to wear my winter bath robe. The temps outside are in the 50's,spose to warm up to the 70's today. I'm not complaining I love this type of weather. The handyman hasn't put in the A/C's yet,[end of week]hopefully I will not need them until later in the summer.

Not going though town today, going the other way to the card store,forgot that my DD wedding anniversary is on the 13th of June and I haven't gotten her a card yet. Have to get the computer/guest room ready as my sister is coming up for my 70th birthday,she arranging to have a party at our BBC local restaurant for my new & old friends that I met on the Cape while living here.

SANDRA-The church fair is going to be on July 17=18 Have one idea why they want the stuff a month before but I'm not questioning it,I got my things out of the basement and that's all that matters. Now I found out that my friend is going to have a garage sale some time in June,can figure.

NANCY-Happy Birthday hope you have a happy one. WoW!! to be 53 again. Looks like lots of core chicks are having June Birthdays.
Oh my goodness hope they were able to get some relief in the wrist. OMG Robin has gone though some much with his knees and now his writs. Hope the rest of the year will be good for the two of you.

ANGELA-Hope you got some sound sleep,after the little guy keep you up.

RHONDA-Don't know anything about NS but I 'd call you shouldn't feel hungry,as that will bring you to a binge.PROTEIN & GOOD FATS like avocado, peanut butter is what the low carbers tend to eat when feeling hungry.

Have to get going, will come back later
Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!! I slept a little late because I'm not feeling well. We have some stress going on that I don't want to talk about yet. It's not life threatening though; just upsetting business.

Sloan, you and your whole family have my sympathies, prayers, and good thoughts. This next week is just going to be so difficult for you all. Please let us know if there is some way we can help.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote