Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 10:49 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Thumbs down

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 03-28-2001, 07:55 PM   #2  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies....

Where is everyone at? I finally check in (3rd day in a row) and no one is around..... must be to busy...... emmmm I am just popping in to say hi.... had a fairly good day today.... weigh in is tomorrow afternoon at Weight Watchers.... keeping my fingers crossed.

CJ I am so sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law losing her baby.... what a sad thing.... my prayers are with you and your family.

Signing off for now...... everyone take care.

Love Carolyn

Secretariat winning the Kentucky Derby, 31 furloughs ahead of the rest of them.....

Last edited by Regency919; 03-28-2001 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2001, 09:46 PM   #3  

Hi All!

Sorry I am so late checking in today, but I was out all day and this is the first chance I've had.

CJ, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear your very sad news. How devastated your daughter-in-law and son must be, and all of you, of course. My prayers to you and your family.

Regency, so very nice to hear from you again. Too bad about your friend gaining all her weight back - maybe she didn't work hard enough losing to appreciate it. It may take you longer to lose than it took her, but you have kept it off and are continuing. Good for you! Keep up the good work and good luck at your weigh-in. Won't be long and you will be below the 300# mark.

Myself, I am hanging in there. Today was a really busy running around doing errands and shopping day. Hope all the walking will help get rid of some of this weight.

Where are all our people. Jo, where are you. Haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope all is well with you. Judy, you too. What's up ladies?

Take care everyone and talk to you later. Love, G
Old 03-29-2001, 09:42 AM   #4  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey Girls!
I hope you all have had a wonderful week. Mine has been busy but good. I've been a bad girl and watching TV right before bed and it is making me loose sleep. See there is this show on Fox Family channel called "Real,Scary Stories" I am completely addicted but it scares the crap out of me so I have to watch stuff after it to chill out. :P Stupid...
Oh well.

Gail - Yep I think as long as you are really trying you haven't given up. Just keep pushing through. Last night I REALLY wanted to eat the leftover chinese I had in the fridge. It was calling me. . . "Gina . . . you're really hungry aren't you?" I sat on my bed and thought about what it will be like to wear sleeveless shirts and shorts for the first time in years this summer. That shut the chinese food right up!!!! Keep going girl. You can do it!

Sylvia - Welcome back from Italy. I hope you can find a way to share some pictures with us. I love to live vicariously through others! Way to go. Loosing lbs on vacation is a real challenge. I am proud of you.

Carolyn (Regency) - Sounds like you are still loosing. Congrats!

CJ - Sorry to hear about your daughter in law. Loosing a baby is a terrible thing for anyone to go through.

A big howdy to everyone else. Reach for the stars girls!

Gina
Old 03-29-2001, 11:48 AM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hey guys!

Hi there,
How goes everything for you Thinsters?

I have to go downstairs and start cooking cause I am having some dinner company. My daughter, Kelly and her new boyfriend Brian and Ken's sister Janet as well. Am making a bunch of stuff as requested. Like home made Spaghetti and Meatballs, A Mexican layed casserole called Botana's and Broccoli and cheese rice casserole. Everyone wants somethng different I guess. Also made an apple pie and today making a strawberry cheesecake that hubby wants. Today will be a challenge, been trying to be good though. Went to Denny's with Ken before grocery shopping yesterday and was good and had a grilled chicken salad, watched him eat Chicken Fried Steak with cheddar mashed potatoes smothered with that white gravy that adds 10 lbs just looking at it. So was happy I did well last night.

I went to my WW meeting Monday and did good and had a 2 lb loss so that made up for the 1.8 lbs I gained last week.

CJ-So sorry about your daughter in law and the baby. That must be so hard for you son and DIL to go through too. My prayers for all of you! Email on the way to you. Can't wait to see you again when Ken and I come to Michigan this weekend for the trial.

ginabob-Good job on turning down that chinese leftovers. I AM PROUD OF YOU GIRL! Thanks for the picture of your beautiful new nephew. What a doll baby!

Regency-Good luck at your WW weight in. Hope the scale moves down down down for you. Sorry you have been sick, but I bet Mom took good care of you.

Sherry-Thanks for the imfo on how to do those images. You are such a sweetheart to do that for us. I don't have the time right now to study how to do it, but will really try when I get back from the trial and work on it. Hope my computer UN-Savy won't hurt me. LOL You are one in a million for posting that. Good for you giving up that sugar in your tea. That will really help you out with your program.

Sandi-I know you are very very busy working and all. But glad you popped in to say hello. Keep on posting when you have the time. WE MISS YOU!

Sylvia-Hey girl, so glad you are back from your trip. Really missed you, this place wasn't the same without you, do you know that? Hope we can see some pictures of your trip too. Can't wait to hear all about the details of your wonderful trip.

angel-eyes-Those angels are pretty easy to make. You just go like this : than type in angel than type in : again and you get this. Just do them right in a row. If you click on help than go to the smilies section it is there how to do it.

trish-Glad you back is feeling so much better now. Those wineries are right up my alley. Glad you had a good time and got some recipes as well. Hope you enjoy them.

Mary Kay-We want you to keep on posting with us, it doesn't matter wether you contribute or just let us know how you are doing. You are part of this wonderful group and we want to hear from you. Glad your son is back home safe and sound again. I know you are too. Hope things go well for your hubby too.

Kelster-So sorry that you have a sinus infection and hope that you will feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

Zoe-How did your birthday dinner in Shreveport go? Hope you had a great time there. Let us know how it went. That sounds like a great place to eat. All that cajun food sounds wonderful.

Carolyn-Ch-SO how did you like South pacific? I really enjoyed it and loved all those wonderful songs too. How goes it in your WW program? Hope well. YOU CAN DO IT!

Gail-I know you are still hanging in there and trying on your program. You are doing great girl. Thanks your email and sent one back to you a few minutes ago. You too are an angel to me and really helping and motivating me as well to hang in there. Thanks for that!

Chrissy-How are you doing my sis in law? I just emailed you and hope you got it. I can't wait to see you again and give you a big hug. Don't worry let's just hope and pray that this time things go right and the trial goes right through to the end with that monster getting what he deserves. Love you Chrissy!

Hope I got everyone and didn't forget anyone. Speaking of anyone!

Hey Jello and Joanna post again with us. MISS YOU! How you guys doing lately? Let us know!

Love you, Sassy Sharon
Old 03-29-2001, 10:47 PM   #6  

Hi All!

Sorry I haven't been around... so busy. I'm not missing again I promise. I thought I would check in before bed. This week has been crazy, what happened to my easy job... lol I guess I spoke to soon! I haven't been getting in before 7:00.

On top of it all it has been a crumby week, my old boss and CEO of the company die of brain cancer. What a terrible tragedy. He was a wonderful amazing man! I looked up to him so much. My dad got laid off today....really not cool. I'm worried about my mom, she gets so nervous. My parents are tough though and I know they will survive.

Then there is me... not a good week.... I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder about a year ago... any way I had a bad time and it looks like I am going to have to start some different medication. I am really not looking forward to this as I gained so much weight with the last script... I so don't want to go through this again. Well, there you have it, in a nut shell my week in a review. The Oscars were great... Survivor was EXCELLENT! Don't want to spoil anything...

I need to take some time and read all the posts so I am sorry I didn't address everyone tonight. Take care all.

CJ for the record .... cause I am late.... I didn't lose a thing this week.

hanging at:

Hugs & Kisses
Kerri

What if the Hokie Pokie is what it's all about?
Old 03-30-2001, 11:16 AM   #7  

Hi Guys!

TGIF! Gosh this was a fast week. The sun is shining today after a cloudy and rainy past few days. Hope the weekend will be as nice.

Kerri, I'm sorry to hear your news. Lots going on in your life at the moment. I hope the new meds help you. I've heard a bit about bi polar disorder and it can be awfully difficult to deal with. Good luck with that. It does sound like you are in good spirits though, despite what is happening around you. Have faith and everything will work out for everyone according to plan. Let's hope the Hokey Pokey is not all there is. That made me laugh. I'm glad to see you posting on the Food Journal. It can get lonely on there. It will help you too, I'm sure, to stay on track. When I am willing to put in the effort, it really does help me.

I'm with you on the Survivors. Just excellent!

Sharon, how did you do with that big dinner for your family last night? My tofu and stir fries pale in comparison for sure. I know what a busy time this is for you. Take care and have a safe trip to Michigan. {{{{{SHARON}}}}}

Chrissy, both you and Sharon and your families are in my thoughts and prayers. Let's hope the trial will begin on schedule this time and end quickly and justly. Thank you for the nice email. I miss you but I also know you are going through a very rough time. Hang in there. It will be over soon. {{{{{CHRISSY}}}}} Big hugs to you.

Gina, great job putting that Chinese food in its place. It seems the more we say no and stand firm, the stronger we do get. Keep up the great work! It inspires me to hear about how motivated you are.

Well, I hope we hear from some of our other Thinsters soon. Stay well everyone and have a wonderful weekend. Love, G
Old 03-30-2001, 12:14 PM   #8  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default ...remember me?

CJ- I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of the baby. My thoughts are with you and your family.

HI Ladies...sorry to have not been posting but I've been sick in bed fighting a fever and chills/aches. I hadn't been feeling well since my red-eye flight back from Toronto,Monday night...just feeling pretty crappy. I went to e-merge Wed pm...turns out I have a kidney infection. I used to have alot of these many years ago so I was VERY FAMILIAR with the symptoms...all that was missing when I went to the hospital, was the fever. Sure enough...that night I got it. I've been pretty lucky though...I had kidney surgery 9 yrs ago to correct this problem and this is my first one since then. Of course, there is not much rest when the boys are up and at'em---Mom still knows best!!(hmmpfff..just wish Daddy would do sometimes...) So, just wanted to say a quick hi, and tell everyone to keep up the good work.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:04 PM   #9  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey Gals!
Well Friday has finally arrived. I am in a darn good mood. Tonight I have agreed to do Tae Bo with my brother instead of my aerobics tapes. SO if you don't here from me again I am a victim of TaeBo and my own clumsyness!!!
I have no big plans for this weekend. I am holding steady at 228 lbs(16 down total now!).
And my main goal this weekend is to avoid going out to eat. My best friend is coming into town (she's loosing too) so it shouldn't be to hard to avoid temptation with her.

Sharon - Way to go avoiding temptation at Denny's. It is always more of a challenge when the people you are with are pigging out! Hope your dinner went well. Way to go on the 2lbs down.

Kerri - Sorry to hear about your old boss. It is always hard to loose someone you care about. About the meds, have you asked your doctor about the weight gain factor and if he has any suggestions? I agree survivor was excellent. I actually did a little happy dance around the living shouting Ding Dong the Witch is Dead but that is all I am going to say!

Gail - The sun is finally shining again here too. I sure hope it lasts.

Angel-Eyes - Sorry you have been sick. That sure sounds miserable. Good to hear from you though.

Howdy, howdy to everyone else. I hope you are all doing good. Before I leave you let me tell you a little joke I just got in e-mail. . .

A blind man and his seeing eye dog walk into a bar. The man says to the bartender, "Would you like to hear a blonde joke?"

The woman next to him at the bar says, "Before you tell it you might like to know. . . the bartender is a blonde. . . I'm a blonde. . . the person on the other side of you is a blonde female wrestler. . . and the guy next to me is a blonde bodybuilder." "So are you sure you still want to tell the joke?"

"Well" the guy says," Not if I have to explain it 4 times."

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Love
Gina
Old 03-30-2001, 09:25 PM   #10  
CH

Hello Ladies and it is the week-end again! I know you don't want to hear this but I can't help it. I am now off school until April 16!!!!!!! Spring break!!!!!!I Love it!!!!!
Okay, I'll settle down.

Regency919 ~ I had trouble finding this post tonight. I finally realized I miss a whole post. Nothing I read made sense. I was just here last Monday. It's good to hear from you and I hope you are taking care of yourself with all your new meds. Good luck to you.

Gail ~ You sound better. I think you must be back on plan again. Isn't it easy to fall off? You take care and I know you'll be fine. I have you pegged as a "strong person". I'll be watching for your posts.

Gina ~ If I watched scary movies at night (or any other time) I would never be able to sleep. I'd have to call my Mom to come spend the night with me. How did your Tae Bo go? I'm afraid my brother would hurt me if we did that together. I'm with you, going out to eat is deadly to me most of the time.

Sharon ~ Those big dinners are killers, aren't they? I did one last week and didn't think I would make it. You are having much better food than I did though.
I loved South Pacific even thou it wasn't the original. I guess I really just love the music. I am doing WW for the 6th time! I must admit this one is easier than all the rest. One thing they told me, way back, is if you have something tempting to eat in the house, wash it before you eat it. So last week I washed what was left of the birthday cake. They were right, I didn't eat it then.

Brite ~ Sorry to hear about your boss, that's always hard. I am sorry about your dad being laid off too. Do you think it will be long? I am sorry to hear about your bi-polar. I have a friend with that and she fights it all the time. Good luck to you.

Okay I'm going on record by saying, I hate survivor. It makes no sense to me. Those people have to be crazy to try that. I finally reached the point where I can say money isn't that important. It might be good for the diet though.

angel-eyes ~ Sorry to hear you are not well. Hope you are better soon. I had the same infection but fortunately caught it early. Take care.

I am so bad about keeping up with everyones postings that I finally just printed this post so I wouldn't leave anyone out. It took 9 pages. If someone is posting while I am tonight, I will catch you later. Have a nice week-end. It is raining here but at least it's not that cold. Love, Carolyn
Old 03-31-2001, 12:16 AM   #11  

Default Happy Saturday!

Hi guys,
By the time you read this it will be Saturday after midnight so I should just say "HAPPY SATURDAY"!

Just busy busy getting ready to go to Michigan for the new trial. Worked today and will work a double shift-12 hour day, cause I requested it. At least I will get one day of work on this next week of pay since I will be off a week at least in Michigan.

My dinner with daughter Kelly and her boyfriend and my sister in law went really well. The food turned out really great and I tried to control myself but did give in to a glass of White Ziefendel wine with my dinner. Hey what is Italian spaghetti without wine? LOL

Kerri: So sorry about your boss, and am sure he will be missed by so many where you work. He sounded like a really nice person. Hope your father gets work really soon. Sounds like your parents are not gonna get down about it from what you say and will hang in there till something comes their way. I hope that the new medication will help you.

angel-eyes: Gosh I feel bad about your trip to the emergency room and your kidney infection that you have. Take care of yourself and post when you can and let us know how you are feeling.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ANGEL-EYES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Gail: I see you are doing really well in posting on The Thin Group Food Journal. I go and read it all the time. You are staying on your program really well. I'll bet whatever you are doing is agreeing with you. It is sure to show up on the scale. Got your email, thanks for that. You keep me really motivated that is for sure. Hugs to you for that!

ginabob: Are you still alive and well after doing your Tae Bo with your brother? I sure hope so, we would miss you. Have a great time with your friend this weekend. Thanks for the funny joke. It gave me a good laugh.

Carolyn-CH: So you are on your spring break eh? You lucky dog you! What are you planning to do for it? Anything special? Hey to quote a song from South Pacific-You just "WASHED THAT OLD BIRTHDAY CAKE RIGHT OUT OF YOUR HAIR" or should I say "Mouth" instead. HA HA HA Pretty good if I do say so myself. LOL

Hey all of you Thinster Survivor fans-We had a Survivor dinner party last night. And everyone sat around after dinner and watched Survivor. We all cheered so loud when Jerri was finally off. Man it sure was a long time coming wasn't it? I thought it was gonna be Elizabeth off for sure, but I guess they all hated Jerri so much that they voted off one of their own team members instead of the other team and Elizabeth. LOL Man that is really saying something isn't it? LOL

Well guys I better get going, have a long day working tomorrow so better hit the hay.

Take care and talk to you later, Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 03-31-2001, 12:47 PM   #12  
On the Move Chickaroo!!!

Default Hello

Tell me where do all the hours in a day go.......I have never been soooooo busy.........don't even have the energy to turn on puter in the evening........

I am trying to catch up on posts......

I hope everyone is doing well

just popped in to say hey.....and that I am still OP......but life is crazy.......

Today is time for my daughter we are going for a hair cut and shopping........check in soon.......and post more.......I have this coming week off........but I am painting........

Have a fabulous day!!!
Old 04-01-2001, 11:39 AM   #13  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies....

Things have been moving right along..... I went looking for a new vehicle on Thursday.... what a sticker shock that was...... but I was able to get the Ford "X" plan through my cousin..... boy did that help... and there were rebates (2002's are already out on this model) and my trade in.... so I came home Friday with a 2001 Explorer.... boy am I a happy camper.... I have been wanting an Explorer for about 4 years now.... the PT Cruiser caught my eye but it was a bit small.... I am grinning from ear to ear....

I weighed in at Weight Watchers on Thursday and I gained 1.8.... but not to worry.... one meal at a time, one day at a time..... thats how it is done.....

Sassy Sharon Your dinner sounded absolutely wonderful.... I love to entertain... its alot of work but its so rewarding in the end to see everyone enjoying themselves.... FOOD is a key factor.... we all love to eat and we enjoy watching others eat too..... I become a "feeder" when I diet.... I want to cook and bake and enjoy everyone else while they are eating....

CH Carolyn Man..... I cracked up when I read that in your Weight Watchers meetings..... they advised you to wash your food before you eat..... thats brilliant.... what a wonderful way to look at eating different foods..... what a concept..... washing the cake.... You can certainly believe that I am going to share that one with my WW class.... and I will also practice this one...... thanks for the bit of advice...

Back to being a "feeder"...... you do realize that some people in our lives are feeders? They want to feed us... its an inner need in them... and as we love food we accept it without even thinking about it... its a power struggle between you and them....

Husbands/boyfriends/mothers/good friends are all suspects..... they are checking their power over you and your willpower.... some call it sabotage too..... people willingly and or unknowingly feed you..... Its sometimes difficult to recognize as the person is someone you love and who loves you..... just keep that in mind when someone suggests that you have a piece of that birthday cake or for that matter a second piece.... "Its ok if you have a piece of cake, its Joey's birthday... help him celebrate".... don't think evil of the person..... but just keep in mind that your will power is more powerful than their power over you..... like I said they may unknowingly be trying to sabotage your way of eating... let's not call it "a diet" its your way of eating to a healthier you.... its a lifetime struggle sometimes and you can't always be on a diet.... oh yes and remember to always wash your food before you eat it..... hehe love that one!!!!!! Just imagine washing it.... if its still there it must be something good to eat... remember sugar dissolves when it is mixed with water.....

I hope that I do not offend anyone speaking of "feeders".... My apologies if I have.... I really didn't mean to lecture... but I've read about "feeders" and realized that I had become one when I lost 130 pounds way back when..... I wanted to feed everyone in sight..... my thoughts were "let them eat... watch them gain the weight while I slim down....." Losing weight is difficult I've been at it all my life..... and being over weight is a very emotional thing... and we need to take charge of what we put in our mouths and not merely eat what someone else suggests.... its not going into their bodies.... its going into our bodies....

I had better close for now.... Everyone enjoy your Sunday... I may go for a ride in my new Explorer..... hehe

Love, Carolyn

We all deserve flowers today......

Last edited by Regency919; 04-01-2001 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-01-2001, 11:51 AM   #14  

Default Wish us luck!

Hi Thinsters,
Just wanted to pop in here and say goodbye. Ken and I have the car all packed up and ready to head for our trip to Michigan for the trial. Just wanted to tell my friends goodbye. I will try to post when I can get near a puter, which will be either Chrissy's or CJ's and let you guys know what is happening with this trial.

Regency/Carolyn-Hope you really enjoy the heck out of your new Explorer. They are really nice I always thought. You deserve it girl! Don't worry about that small gain, that is probally your medication or water weight. Keep up the good work on your WW plan.

Kelster-Have fun with your daughter shopping and getting the haircut. Enjoy that time with her cause they grow so fast.

Jello-Hey Jo where the heck have you been lately? Busy with the new apartment, putting your womanly touches on it I'll bet. LOL Post soon, we all miss your wonderful humor.

Chrissy-See you soon sis in law, if we get into Michigan early enought, we will try to stop in to say Hi on the way to Papa's house.

CJ-Can't wait to see you either later in the week. Depending on the outcome of this trial. Good job on your nother 2 lb weight loss. Yay that makes what 7.5 in all? GOOD JOB!

Gail-Thanks for the email you sending wishing me well for the trial. Will keep in touch with you too. Have a great week this coming week.

Well guys, time to hit the road.

Oh ya I guess Chrissy said that that famous columist that wrote those articles that I posted about the trial is sopposed to hopefully come to the trial and I can't wait to see that judges face when the man himself is sitting there with his pen and paper taking down notes to write in his next column about what an incompetent judge he is. LOL Hey maybe that would even make him back off on scheming to have another mistrial. Oh boy I sure hope he comes to the trial that would make my day, or week for sure.

Take care guys and talk to you later, Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 04-01-2001, 07:20 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm finally back.....

Hello Y'all ~ I have not been around since leaving for Shreveport more than 10 days ago.....why???? because I am ashamed to say that my weight loss has gone to pot!!!! I have been eating like I was thin and trying to gain a few pounds!! What gives?? I gained 5 pounds on vacation the first week in March, came home and lost 4 of it the first 4 days, then at the end of that week back, had lost only 3 of the 5.......then down another 2, then up 3, then down 1, then, then, then....well, you get the picture. I'm hanging my head in shame guys........I need help. <sigh> Hubby and I will be "starting over" again tomorrow and I'm making myself some 'mini goals' so I am hoping to really get on the ball here..........

I can't stay online now but just wanted to say, CJ, my prayers are with your son and daughter in law. I'm so sorry for them and you and your family.

Love and glad to be back online.....
Closed Thread