Old 06-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/181/170

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Default Water Consumption

Hey everyone!

I just weighed myself at home after drinking 34 oz of water and eating breakfast, and it says I went I'm 2 pounds from this morning. This will be gone by tomorrow morning, right??
mtgal1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

try to weigh only at the center so you don't make yourself crazy and obsessed with all the fluctuations that occur. It can be maddening! Water is critical to your weight loss!

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 06-04-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you weigh yourself at different times the fluctuation will drive you crazy. I only weigh in each morning after I go to the bathroom. 34 oz of water and breakfast probably weighs at least 2 lbs! I mean my lunch was a huge salad that weighed a pound.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgal1453 View Post
Hey everyone!

I just weighed myself at home after drinking 34 oz of water and eating breakfast, and it says I went I'm 2 pounds from this morning. This will be gone by tomorrow morning, right??
The thing that worked for me and kept my sanity was never weighing if I had eaten/had anything to drink. I always weighed in at the center on an empty stomach. That way I didn't drive myself crazy with daily normal fluctuations. My center even encouraged me to weigh in at the end of the day, and I told them no because there were would be a gain and not a loss due to 100 oz of water and food. Do what works for you! This is your plan!!!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/181/170

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Thank you all! I'm trying my best not to worry about it!
mtgal1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Some of us can't NOT weigh ourselves at home. I weigh in religiously every morning post restroom pre-shower.

Just pick one single time and be consistent. I also made a chart on a sheet of paper and taped it to the wall. Each column has 10 checkboxes and is worth 10 lbs, so mine is 6 columns wide (60 lbs). When i first see the scale hit a new lb number like 190, i write the date and check it off. Then i don't check the next box until I see 189 and write the date.

It helps me visualize how quick some pounds happen and how others get stuck for a couple days. And when I am stuck on a lb, I can look back and see other times it happens and how rare it is.

I don't think this drives me crazy, it empowers me to see the difference every day instead of just once a week. Find the system that works for you and be consistent.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 264.1/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Some of us can't NOT weigh ourselves at home. I weigh in religiously every morning post restroom pre-shower.

Just pick one single time and be consistent. I also made a chart on a sheet of paper and taped it to the wall. Each column has 10 checkboxes and is worth 10 lbs, so mine is 6 columns wide (60 lbs). When i first see the scale hit a new lb number like 190, i write the date and check it off. Then i don't check the next box until I see 189 and write the date.

It helps me visualize how quick some pounds happen and how others get stuck for a couple days. And when I am stuck on a lb, I can look back and see other times it happens and how rare it is.

I don't think this drives me crazy, it empowers me to see the difference every day instead of just once a week. Find the system that works for you and be consistent.
This is a great idea. I also weigh myself every morning post-bathroom, pre-shower. I like to have an idea of my progress before I have my weigh-ins. It can be empowering to tracking it yourself to see how far you've come. I've lost 15 months in less than a month. I've never been able to do that before and it would be really nice to have that visual at home on a chart!

Last edited by joanie830; 06-05-2010 at 10:36 PM.
joanie830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Okay, so a couple of different thoughts have been offered here on weigh-ins. So it shows that we're all different and what works for one may not be the best solution for another. Soooooooooooooo, if you tend to be obsessive at all, in other parts of your life, then it may not be so good, at least at this time. Hey, but if you're not, then by all means. Sometimes we just have to recognize this within ourselves, and I guess that's is the bottom line!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #9  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

I seem to retain my water too, mtgal. I am on day 3 of the first menu, and some how I gained .5 lb when I weighed in at my center today. I was stunned because at home my scale shows that I've lost 2 more lbs. My jeans fit better, so I know that playing the numbers game will drive me bonkers. In the past, I have not been a good water drinker, so my girl at the center and I both though that my body is just retaining all that water because it's gone a long time w/out the right amount of water. She suggested I get some B6 in me to help flush the additional water. I went to my local vitamin shop and the lady there told me that I needed a good water soluble B6/B12 combination vitamin - I got one there for $7 for a 2 month supply. We'll see if that helps!
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #10  

thinking of joining the at home MRC is anyine else on this
spyhop3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #11  
Skinny for Scuba!

I'm not but once you have the menus, I can see how you could do it easily. I know there is a group here that is doing it on their own! I can email you the preconditioning menu, days 1 - 4 and days 5-10. That's all I have for now because I just started (and I can't seem to figure out a way to attach them here for some reason?). You do need to take an EFA (essential fatty acid) and a good multivitamen daily but you can get both of those at any health food store or vitamen shop - You can buy all the HSNs at Diet Direct . com under the name ProtiDiet and if you want to add in the MRC-6, you can get it here for cheap: bariatricfoodsource.com and it's called KLB5 - happy to share my info with anyone!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #12  
Skinny for Scuba!

mtgal, I just wanted to let you know that the B6/B12 combo that I added daily really seems to be helping flush out the water retention issue I was initially having and amped up my weight loss. Just thought the feedback might help.