Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #1  
South Beach!

S/C/G: 197/186/130

Height: 4'11

Default Just venting, but please help me get back on track...

Went on Vacation and ate everything junk for Friday,Saturday and Sunday. I refuse to weight myself...lol

It's back to Phase I for a couple of days, right?

Am I playing the game correctly?
kcchubbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #2  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I know nothing about South Beach, so YMMV... but for me, when I know I have overdone it, I give myself a day or two off the scale. I make sure I am on with my exercise and drinking water and I eat just a little light (cause clearly I am not going to starve ).

After a couple of days of being good, the days of being bad generally get wiped away.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck keeping on track.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

To repeat an overused phrase..."Just Do it". Just get back on track. The past is the past. All you have is now. Take it one choice, one decision at a time. Don't dwell on the past. Learn from it and move forward.

You can do it!!!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #5  

Yup, you are totally right! Avoid the scale, it will just depress you, and get going again. You can do it, don't let a few days throw you completely off track.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I guess I'm from the old school. I say get on that scale and face the music. Just because you don't weigh doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I like the term "scared straight". I need to see what I've done to myself so I can FIX it now. I avoided the scale up to 333 pounds. Not good and NEVER again, I learned my lesson on scale avoidance.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-08-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #7  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I got WAY off track the past week... (no internet... no accountability!)

No more. I'm weighing myself in the morning. I'm going to Half-Price books to get myself a few books (I'm going to take a look at a few vegetarian/vegan informational books... I'm not a meat person anyways, always preferred vegetables and grains), getting my handy-dandy notebook out and doing double of the W2D2 of C25K.

Not as punishment... but

first... to see where I'm at. What the damage is.

second... to make a change to avoid this kind of "damage" (not the few days of nothing but sleeping and eating... but the weight gain) again by getting myself accountable to the book and notebook.

third... getting myself right back on track. I'm supposed to be doing Week 3 this week... and I'm not... so I gotta get moving before I lose the motive and drive to do it.

I've been on diet after diet ever since I was 11. I'm 17 now. And the only thing that is NOW working for me is I'm not telling myself "later" or "I'll start Monday" or "oh... screwed up again... what's the point", I'm just picking myself up from the ground and continuing... NOW. Not later... not soon... NOW.

This is what is helping me stay motivated. Not saying it'll work for you... just... well... something to think about.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote