Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Ok!! I over did it!!

I am such an eater that I over ate yesterday, and never ate one thing that was not on the acceptable list of foods!! Got up this morning and I am swollen and gained 2 lbs!!! UUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!! Why do I do these things?? Is that a behavior that I will be able to change??? I have been on induction for 3 weeks now and I am already at a plateau.. Have not lost and have been teetering back and forth from 251-248 for the last week!!! Frustrating, but I know these things happen... Today I will eat super light and only if I am hungry!!! I hate that I am such a muncher!!
hairchick40v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

I am with you. Since I have started I have been eating too much. I have not lost as much as I did the 1st time around 6-7 yrs ago. We just need to get in the right frame of mind to do this & to stick to it. We can do this!
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #3  
Carbs are evil

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I have been on induction for 3 weeks now and I am already at a plateau
The same thing happened to me! Stick to it though, have you noticed your clothes becomming looser even though the scales don't show it?

I had a couple of days where i cheated and felt awful about it but I gave myself a kick up the *** and stuck to it. I find my biggest problem is if i fall off the wagon i end up thinking "sure i may as well stuff my face then" ... bad, bad trap to fall into!

I agree with tymaboy, I think it is definitely about being in the right frame of mind. Have a little chat with yourself and think about why you are changing the way you eat.
imstuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #4  

Strangely, I've found with Atkins that the more I eat the better I do...but has to be the right stuff and I just have to keep plenty of it in easy access, otherwise if I get hungry I go for something I shouldn't. Favorites that I just keep around are deviled and pickled eggs, a pack of ham and cheese (I make my own sauce with spicy mustard, mayo and splenda brown sugar that I drizzle over a ham and cheese roll for a snack) and meatballs (meatballs always feel like such a junk food, usually satisfies me).

Umm. The problem with Atkins is that if you have just 3 bites of cake, cravings set in hard because of the blood sugar spike/drop. Though, I do like that if I stick with it, and under my 20 carbs a day, cravings are gone for the most part and I have to actually remind myself to eat.

I'm at almost exactly your weight, also. 247...down from almost 280 just 4 months ago...that kinda result in what's a relatively short timeframe, is also encouraging. I still need to figure out some mini-goals =P
DVousDeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #5  

Congrat on your drop in weight DVous... I think I have figured out my problem.... I changed from using Coffeemate in my coffee to heavy cream, and I have dropped all the lbs I gained and another 2, down this morning to 246.6!!! I am super excited about that!!! When I started this I thought I weighed 247, then I got a new scale and found out that I really weighed 260, so to be under the number that I thought I was to begin with!! Amazing feeling... Now I feel like I am losing weight!!!

My husband and I have a handshake deal that when people start noticing that I am losing, he has to try to quit smoking!!! I told him this morning he better start preparing cause it is gonna start happening in the next couple of week... So go ahead and break it to them that your relationship is about over!!! I quit smoking 8 years ago and never picked them up again!!! If I can do that!!!! I can do this!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/149/115

Height: 4'11"

great job on quitting smoking I quit 3 years ago this august and will never pick them up again. So you used to use coffee mate and switched to heavy cream instead? I use coffee mate maybe I need to switch.
mickletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #7  

Heavy cream in coffee is awesome.. I use that and splenda.. I drink one big cup..
Old 06-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

You hit the post induction stall...just hang in there and this too shall pass. I do track what I am eating as sometimes my eyes are not the best judge on the weight of a piece of meat, etc. The 2lbs gain is water weight...been there done that...be glad its just 2 lbs.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

You will definately hit plateaus - you need to focus on the big, long term goal. I no longer weigh daily- barely once a week now. In fact when I signed on this website today I realized that I had neglected to change my ticker down 2 more lbs. Another thing I used to do when I was more obsessed with the daily scale was to only measure when the scale hit a plateau - there was always "inches" lost. Just an idea!

p.s. Congrats on quiting smoking - that is awesome!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #10  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Can I be honest, and say the 3rd and 4th week always seem to be plateau weeks. It's a time your body uses to adjust and to get regrouped. Continue on your journey, and try to weigh less during these two weeks.

(This is purely from experience from myself and all the low carbers I know.)
sckakame is offline   Reply With Quote