Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Talking NSV: Another bikini thread!

So this weekend, I'm taking the plunge and wearing a bikini on the beach. IN PUBLIC.

OMG OMG OMG.

I am terrified, but at the same time, I'm kind of excited. It's really cute! I'm also kind of excited about the fact that when I was choosing the bottoms, I was deliberating between a medium and a SMALL! I have never been a small on the bottom.

I came to a realization that I am not going to be the only person on the beach wearing a bathing suit who didn't have a perfect body. People aren't even going to be looking at me to find imperfections-- they are probably all just as nervous! And if they are looking that close, in the words of my sweet grandmother, "they deserve what they see."
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/196/150

Height: 5ft6

Erm...you are considering getting into a "small" - you probably have a way better body than most on the beach.

And also..most people are more concerned with how they look!

Be proud..you can fit in a "small". You have worked hard - so show off for the people like me who would never have the confidence to do it!

Well done!!!
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

congratulations!! And i know how exciting it is b/c I'll be wearing my first bikini EVERRR in 4 short weeks at the beach! I hope to lose a little bit more before then, but still, I understand the feeling of being scared / excited all at once. Let us know how it goes!!! Over the next 4 weeks I'm going to try to work on building up my confidence in mine. It's super cute, I just don't want friends to think "She lost 60 lbs adn now thinks she can wear a bikini? Who does she think she is?" Fortunately, I know my friends aren't jerks like that, but still - I totally understand where' you're coming from! Again - congrats!! I'm so excited for you!!

Last edited by alexandraT; 06-08-2010 at 12:02 PM.
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #5  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Yay!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote