Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/125

Height: 5 ft 2

Angry water weight?

urgh feel really blah... gained 2pounds over the space of 5 days (not really sure when it happened) im really hoping its just water weight.. because i havent eaten any more than normal.. does water weight really stay around for a few days? as ive herd it only lasts for 24hrs... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bbg200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #2  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

What have you been eating? And where are you in your monthly cycle?

If I eat a cheat meal, pretty much anything from restaurants, I get bloated and stay bloated for 3 or 4 days even. My water weight doesn't drop off the next day. Salt and excessive sugar are the big offenders for most people. So it's very possible that you're experiencing water weight that's just lasting a few days. Have you had a salty meal recently? That'll do it.

Also, your cycle can definitely cause you to retain water. Personally, I always hold onto at least 1lb of water weight for the whole week before my TOM, then that pound plus some drops off as soon as I start. Everyone's pattern is different though.

In order to gain 2lbs of fat, you'd need to eat 7,000 more calories over your maintenance limit. That's fairly significant. Quite possible if you had a blow out weekend or something, but if you've been staying on plan, that's highly unlikely.

If you're a daily weigher, I suggest you make notes when you record your weight. I personally have a notepad right by my scale. Most mornings I just record my weight, but I always record the day I start my TOM and I'll also record things like "salty cheat meal" or "went off plan, too many cookies" or something. That way I can go back and follow how these events affected my weight.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #3  

thank you for replying i dont normally weigh myself every day.. always leave at least 4/5 days as i dont have a "good weigh day" i had a few slices of pizza on thursday, but i havent gone over my calorie intake, ive just finished my TOM so i know its not that.. from what u are saying it sounds like water weight from to much salt from the pizza i had on the thursday (dam u papa johns lol) and maybe alittle more from my new exercise, thank you for putting my mind at rest, knowing it can last for a few days has regained my hope in getting healthy and that i havent really done anything wrong x
Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #4  
Amazing will be me

Get some water balance tablets or aquaban avaliable in most chemists / supermarkets.

you may be retaining water due to time of the month or hidden salt in your food.
take them as directed for 3/4 days and all that excess water will come away and your scales will shoot down , mine did by 4lb . amazing that my body was holding all that water which is false waight gain
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #5  

i will do that thank you
Old 06-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

you don't have to spend any money on tablets or anything. Just drink water - it's free and keep the sodium on the lower side.

Quote:
In order to gain 2lbs of fat, you'd need to eat 7,000 more calories over your maintenance limit. That's fairly significant. Quite possible if you had a blow out weekend or something, but if you've been staying on plan, that's highly unlikely.
I know that mathematically this SHOULD be the case, but with me - it's not. I can eat waaaay less calories than that and gain those 2 lbs of non-water weight lbs. That 3500 calories over for a pound gained is not an across the board number. If only.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote