South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Marvy Monday!

Good Morning

I'm pouring coffee and getting Bing outside...I'll be back...grab a cup.

ETA-OK, we're back. It's always so nice outside this time of day. My motivation really wanes once it gets so hot. I have a tight schedule today. Dog walking at 730, water yoga 830-1030 then I'll hit the road as soon as I can. I think I've made an executive decision to lay back down for an hour. I'm not feeling my perky self yet.

What is everyone up to this Monday? Stop by and say hello

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-07-2010 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Back
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Debbie, water yoga sounds really interesting! I'm guessing that there's no downward dog in that class?

Only two more days with kids!! I can do this. My husband has chosen to take this week off. (He remembers the end of past school years I guess.) That means he can pick up Bradley and take care of those nagging errands for a little bit!! I'm heading for Curves after school today. I skipped on Friday since I moved so many books I thought my arms were going to fall off.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this Marvy Monday!

Debbie, I hope you find your perky self soon, and are feeling better. Maybe your body is trying to tell you it needs some ME time today? I hope you can squeeze it into your busy day! I know what you mean about the heat, I have to get all my stuff done in the early morning while it's still cool, as the heat just wipes me out, too.

Francis, that must be exciting to know that in a couple of days you'll be off for the entire summer. I hope these last few days go by quickly for you!

We left Cape May yesterday afternoon, since they were expecting some pretty bad weather and possible tornadoes, and managed to stay ahead of the storm all the way back to Monica's. Since we got back earlier than expected and the weather cleared, I decided to come on home last night rather than staying over so I could unpack and get some things done around the house before going back to work tomorrow.
I can't believe how much the garden has grown in just the few days I was gone! I'll be eating zucchini in a day or so, and I have tons of Swiss chard that I'll prepare for the freezer today. Other than that, I have the laundry going right now, and I have to get some groceries, as Jake has eaten everything in the fridge.

Time for a coffee refill right now, though.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Merry and Marvy Monday, Debbie, Frances and Cottage. It's a brilliant sunrise and temps going just to 70 today.

Me time is very importyant. I hope everyone can put it on the schedule today. Mine is going to happen in a few minutes when the doggage and I sit on the porch and watch the poor working people leave this beautiful village to go off to work. Retirement is great!

The Deltabration weekend was fabulously successful! Today I have some banking to do and that's it! I even canceled out on my quilting biddies as I think I need a day of not talking to people. It'll give me time to plan the rest of the summer and maybe even finish getting out the summer clothes!

For now though, another coffee and porch quality time for the furries!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hooray for taking the day off today, Ruth! I'm going to take your advice and pretend I'm retired while watching the poor working people leave for work, too. I'll be joining them tomorrow, but it's great to have today off.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
A busy week here too. It's my son's birthday on Wednesday, I've taken the day off and will bring cupcakes to his class and read them a story. Then we're having some non school friends over in the afternoon. Tuesday is a half day and Thursday the kids are off school totally - my son will be at his after school program both days.

Work should calm down a bit, but now begins my prep time for the fall semester. I need to make a list of everything I want to do - I need to revise some forms and do some clean up; prepare budget sheets for the next fiscal year.

I've decided to skip into Phase 2 for various reasons. Primarily, I experienced constipation doing Phase 1 last week and I just cannot stand that feeling right now. It is a light Phase 2, almost Phase 1.5 really. But I feel like I just do need that serving of grain right now.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Debbie - I bet the drive is lovely this time of year. Hope you got that nap in. See you on the other side

Francis - 2 days, you can do it! How sweet of your husband. Any big plans for day 3?

Cottage - That weather ended up being more warning than storm around here (not that I'm complaining!). It's nice to start the new week with the vacation all put away. Enjoy your day off

Ruth - What a perfect plan for your day! Hmm, I wonder if you can squeeze a nap in too?

After a little research this morning we realized that the fox under our feeder yesterday is a gray fox. I can't believe DW managed to get pictures through the screen but she did. I love the little surprises of country living I do hope it doesn't discover my garden though. Apparently gray foxes eat more vegetables than red foxes

I'm not sure if it's a 3 or 4 day week. I have another 1.5 days to use before the end of the month so may use some of that to hit Trader Joe's Thursday before we go camping this weekend. I'll see how many messages there are this morning

Now it's time for another cup of coffee.

ETA: Mmc - Wed. is the best day for a birthday. Ask Kierie! Sounds like a busy week. If the cravings are under control that grain may be just the thing.

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-07-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Another Monday. Summer is already flying by!

Debbie- I've always thought that Colorado is perfect in the summer. Enjoy the weather.

Frances - Two days! Yay.

Linda - I don't think I have ever eaten swiss chard, at least not that I prepared myself. Is it in a lot of chinese food dishes?

Ruth - I love Me Time too. Can't wait to hear what your summer plans include.

Mmc - Ah, the days when birthdays were so special. What story are you going to read?

Cyndi - How nice that you have that extra day to use. I would happily join you at TJs, but not camping!

I'm sitting drinkless this morning because I go get my blood drawn for cholesterol later. DS starts his morning cross country work outs so will be tired and grumpy. Tonight my book club is getting together and the hostess decided to make dinner (which we don't usually do). She is a vegetarian and I expect a pasta. Sigh.

Have a marvy Monday chicks.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mornin'!

Glad to see everyone is doing well and for many of us, survived some storms. We were out camping in that . Actually, it was a beautiful campground, a great little get away, and I can't wait to get back. My black bean salad was a big hit with the friends that we had visit.

I NEED to clean up my eating though. This snacking (on cashews!) past 8 pm has to stop!! Somehow, I've got to get myself in the right frame of mind again.

It's the DS's last week of school, and he's almost as lazy as I am . Need to go get him moving!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I think a little nap helped.

Frances, how thoughtful of DH to take the week off. Yay for 2 days!

Linda, I'm glad you had a nice break. Your garden sounds great! I'm very pleased with my garden, so far, and I should have some zucchini soon, too.

Ruth, I'm happy to hear your celebration went so well! Congrats! on extra effort to free your schedule today. Enjoy!

Mmc, your week sounds fun anticipating DS birthday. Glad to hear you analyzed and decided to move into P2. I'm with you on that. While I do stray from time to time, the desire not to "have to" go back to P1 has helped me to focus on staying pretty close to SBD principles at all times.

Cyndi, it figures the vegetarian fox would hit your yard. I'm glad to hear you have some weekend camping coming up, now it is getting through the week.

Karen, hope you are back in the swing soon. Book club sounds fun-yes, prepare for pasta. lol

Twynn, maybe it won't be so stormy the next time you camp! Best wishes getting DS through the last week of school.

Me, finally got moving. Things look pretty organized here, but I need to get to Lowes before dog walking. I couldn't resist some petunias that were on sale and I need more soil to mix with compost. I will have some "me" time after I get over the hill. Anything there can wait until tomorrow. See ya'll from the other side.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Sounds like everyone is enjoying their Monday.

I've been busy with work, DD2 play and older kids activities but it's summer and you got to enjoy it

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 283/283/150

Height: 5'6"

I am not doing much of anything. I am off of school for the summe (I am a teacher) so I've been taking it easy!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #13  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am back -- it has been some time...as I continue to try to work on me and my weight...it always feels good to come back here. I see lots of familiar posters.

Natalie's almost 5 here and Gracie's 2. I am working from home these days making life a lot more stressful! It is so nice. I am looking forward to seeing some success on the Beach very soon. Phase 1 starting today!!

Hope everyone had a great day.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Another monday, another week of dieting. I want the instant fix, where I'm already the weight I want and I just have to be careful not to gain again. Yeah right. I have three pounds extra after the weekend, but I know that is my fault. From time to time I don't stick to the diet and then whine about the results. Real mature of me.

I hope everyone is doing great and is having a wonderful day.
Closed Thread