Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ June 7 - 13

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Working on Day 11. Have a great day everyone.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8

Starting day 3
Enjoying a serving of egg whites, toast, and sliced strawberries now. Thankfully summer classes begin today on top of work to keep me distracted.

Congrats and Good luck to everyone who has made it to today and are making it through.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Over two weeks binge free! And I hear ya Tater about classes being good for keeping oneself distracted! I have classes and I'm also studying for my Praxis test that I'm taking in July so focusing on those things are really keeping my mind off of "When can I eat again?"

I've been having that "fat" feeling recently though (which means TOM is probably around the corner) and I hate, hate, hate feeling like this when I haven't done anything to deserve it!

In other news, I decided to run outside yesterday and I did 3.25 miles in 40 minutes! I think my endurance surprised me, haha. And I actually liked it. I run on the treadmill in the gym, but I don't enjoy it as much because it's so monotonous. I might run outside more often!

I hope everyone starts the week off right!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #5  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Day 1.

Today I am finally forcing myself out of this pit I've allowed myself to slip into. And I'm going to ignore the little voice in my head telling me it's too late to post here, or that no one wants me to. I haven't exactly been binging the last few weeks, but my nutrition is totally screwed up and I've eaten NOTHING but junk. I'm not sure I've had more than a few servings of vegetables. Uhg.

I'm moving across the country this week, I still have bunches of stuff to pack and the movers are coming tomorrow. And my husband and I leave for the three day trip Wednesday morning. I'm stressed, depressed, excited, and exhausted.

I'm afraid I may have gained weight over the past month or so, but I can't worry about that now. I just have to get my eating somewhere back on track so I can feel a little better again.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 119!

Foxxy, congrats on running 3.25 miles in 40 minutes. Amazing!!

Have a great and successful day, Everyone!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

tyla, you're such an inspiration! keep going!

I'm on day 2.
Not doing great food wise, but doing alright. I wrote down a meal plan for the week, but today I didn't stick with it.
Last night I went for a run and I felt so good afterwards. I'll go over to a friend's appartment to study later and afterwards I'm going to go running again.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #8  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I'd really like to go one week without a binge. I am so close to my weight loss goal and I am sabotaging myself like crazy. I'm joining the challenge to hold myself accountable.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 28!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Default Today is Day 1

I have not been this awful in a LONG time (was bad Friday night through Sunday night).
Part of it was watching my hubby 'fat load' in prep for a diet, part of it was stress, part of it was for NO REASON.

I feel awful physically and emotionally from it, trying to just dust myself off.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #11  

stayed at my friends too long. It was already dark outside when I came back to my appartment, so I decided not to run. I wouldn't have felt safe.
Then I started eating mindlessly, and almost binged... but I was able to stop myself. Would have been to bad to start over on day 1 again tomorrow.
I'll try and sqeeze in a short run before leaving for classes tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #12  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 7 for me, no urge to binge. I am trying something new and I think It's working. I feel so good!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #13  

tater- day 3 is great. keep up the good work!

TheBunneh- keep posting here; we definitely want you to! I too am struggling with that "little voice", so let's push through this together and good luck on your move!

foxxy- two weeks is great! and 3.25 miles in 40 minutes is even MORE great!! I can't even run 5 minutes lol.

tyla- WOW. WOW. WOW. CONGRATS!!!!!

lizaly- good work on the running! I hear it can be a great distraction from wanting to binge

motivated chickie- look at your username. you can TOTALLY do one week without binging!

paris- GREAT JOB

Dog Mom- good thing it's a Monday and a great time to dust off and start fresh!

fruitlady- what are you trying? can you tell me your secret??? lol

I am starting day 1 today and I *will* finish it. I am trying to keep myself busy and drink LOTS of water in order to quell the boredom binging. I really need to find a job! Good luck to the rest of you, I *know* you can do this!!!

Last edited by girlonfire; 06-07-2010 at 06:57 PM.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM   #14  

Day 34
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 AM   #15  

day 3.

I woke up at 5.30am and was out of the building 10minutes later for a morning run, then had my shower and now having breakfast and it feels so good! I never ever went for a run in the morning before, always did it in the afternoon or in the evening. I thought it would make me tired, but it actually woke me up! I feel so totally energized and motivated!

peachykeen, thanks for your note! I wish I was able to just go for a run whenever I feel the urge to binge. I might even try, since I cannot concentrate anyways when feeling bingey. It definitely distracts.