Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse120 View Post
I'm one of those people that hates to drink my calories...I've always been perfectly content with drinking nothing but plain unflavored water. Do I not have any other option with this plan...the drinks don't come in protein bar form?
They do offer a program without the HNS -- you have to ask for it. They showed it to me when I first signed up, but I chose not to do it. It's basically more protein foods. The guarantee isn't good when you do that one -- but that's pretty inconsequential. Just ask them about it. My consultant was really good about working with me on that.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #17  
MRC-Weight Throw Down

S/C/G: 198/198/148

Height: 5'6

Default mouse120-Yes I do need a Buddy!

I guess I am a little skeptical...I think mostly because I still don't have all the facts about how the program works? Is it a life style change, chemical and hormonal balance that helps to get the weight off or does it have to do with taking the supplements? I guess I should have gotten more information. I didn't realize there would be increased cost with the supplements.

My husband has been out of work for 22 months, so he wasn't to happy about me spending additional money for the supplements. I took him to the food instruction class and he was upset as he thought it was about buying the supplements. Some of the gals left with hundreds of dollars of products; needless to say it kind of back fired on me, he thought they were trying to make more money by getting you in there and then telling you that you had to buy these additional supplements. Lets just say my Friday night was not as I hoped. I thought my husband would have this great understanding and be supportive, but it just ending in an argument.

All that said, I've done much research this weekend and I have been preconditioning and my hubby and I have finally come to an understanding. I'm in it to win it and I'm getting this 50lbs off!
August6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #18  

I forgot to mention that many people do the program without any supplements except a vitamin and fish oil (which they purchase elsewhere) or flax oil.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by August6 View Post
Lets just say my Friday night was not as I hoped. I thought my husband would have this great understanding and be supportive, but it just ending in an argument.

All that said, I've done much research this weekend and I have been preconditioning and my hubby and I have finally come to an understanding. I'm in it to win it and I'm getting this 50lbs off!
Talk to your center and be honest about it. There may be something you can do. Really, I've heard of people losing with just the multi and the EFA's (you can buy those at Walmart). There is also a website called Diet Direct where you can get the HNS's for quite a bit less, but I don't know the details. Scroll back through the thread topics and you'll find it fairly recently. You CAN do this. For me, MRC has been about behavioral change and accountability for me. You get what you put into it!
Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies,
Just to let you know I received an email from dietdirect.com this morning and their ProtiDiet (hns) fruit drinks are on sale this week for $8.49 a box. Time to stock up and supplement those from our centers. I think it has been almost 10wks since the last time they were on sale
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote