General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Default What way would guarantee you weight loss?

We all know calories in versus calories out, and that it isn't always as simple as it sounds (eating 1200 high carb calories will leave some of us constantly hungry, while 1200 calories in a more balanced diet may help to keep us feeling full and satiated).

But, deep down, have you ever felt that you knew a way that would guarantee you weightloss, but for whatever reason, you just aren't able to accomplish it?

For me, I feel that if I could seclude myself for a month, and just eat a certain type of premade food, in an area where I can just get out my feelings and not be stressed, I think I would not only lose weight, but also probably look a lot more refreshed and happy. I often dream about being able to go to one of those weightloss camps where my food is prepared and I don't have to mentally struggle with what I am going to eat, etc. I really do wish I could do that----or have enough money where I could pay a chef to make very specific food that would make me feel so happy and energetic, and help me to lose weight at the same time.

How would you almost be willing to guarantee your success at weightloss if you could have your own way?
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

i think for me it would be to have enough money to switch to organic EVERYTHING. at the moment i am having as much organic as i can afford, and i am not doing bad...but i wish i had enough money for groceries that every single piece of food i would have would be organic.
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrkgrrrl View Post
i think for me it would be to have enough money to switch to organic EVERYTHING. at the moment i am having as much organic as i can afford, and i am not doing bad...but i wish i had enough money for groceries that every single piece of food i would have would be organic.
I agree.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I feel like if I had a personal trainer and nutritionist that I would lose weight successfully. and Organics don't seem like a bad option either.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliondollarbbw View Post

How would you almost be willing to guarantee your success at weightloss if you could have your own way?
I suppose reverting back to my anorexic tendencies. it's easier than counting calories and working out at the gym and there's something very comforting in knowing the scale will be lower everyday. but i don't do it because while i do want to lose weight, i'd rather not die in the process.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'd definitely exercise more.
I need to exercise more.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #7  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I've always thought to myself that if I had the money to constantly keep the fridge stocked with food and lived in my dream condo building that has its own gym, I would absolutely lose weight. But alas, I currently only work weekends and only graduated college 2 weeks ago so I'm still looking for my first nursing job. Hopefully the groceries situation will resolve as soon as I'm once again working full-time with a decent income.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I've often thought that if I didnt have a family it would be easier. If it was just me. Not only having food in the house that I shouldnt but also, the smaller dinner. Dinner is a big deal with a family. Its the only meal we have together and it is definitely the biggest meal of the day.

Even if I cut my own stuff it would be easier to cook say a fancy lunch and then just eat leftovers for dinner if I was on my own.

Of course if I was on my own, I probalby would have all sorts of other issues that I dont have now.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #9  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

1. My own personal gym with every possible kind of equipment, a pool, a fabulous stereo system with an unending supply of workout music, and a wide screen TV with an unending supply of fitness DVDs.

2. A personal library filled with books on nutrition, fitness, physiology, psychology, anatomy, etc. And cookbooks.

I don't know if these things would guarantee weight loss and good health, but they would certainly be a ginormous help!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #10  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

a chef- my problem is definitely food. cooking after work just.. ugh. if someone made all my meals for me and they were healthy and tasty- i think i'd be ok. as it is- i just finished my lean cuisine and i swear if i saw someone eating anything right now i'd punch 'em and steal it. haha.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #11  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

My own way.....well, in a perfect world...win the lotto, schedule an appt with a plastic surgeon to just get it all taken care of & get sculpted exactly the way I dream of. After, get a personal chef & trainer on staff. The end. Now I'm depressed lol......
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
a chef- my problem is definitely food. cooking after work just.. ugh. if someone made all my meals for me and they were healthy and tasty- i think i'd be ok. as it is- i just finished my lean cuisine and i swear if i saw someone eating anything right now i'd punch 'em and steal it. haha.
Ha! I do agree that having my own personal chef would help me to almost guarantee weightloss---mainly because I know there are healthier foods that I would eat everyday if I could afford to---but other people make them using tons of skills that I am clueless about.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKelly View Post
My own way.....well, in a perfect world...win the lotto, schedule an appt with a plastic surgeon to just get it all taken care of & get sculpted exactly the way I dream of. After, get a personal chef & trainer on staff. The end. Now I'm depressed lol......
Don't let it depress you---maybe think of how it can be done on a more scaled down way? I try to think of that myself---how can I recreate eating certain types of food, even though they aren't 100% organic, etc.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 161/135/115

Height: 5'3"

Get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and left to hunt for my own food. That's probably the only way for me. Seriously, I just have no willpower/motivation sometimes.
Halfhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #15  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliondollarbbw View Post
Don't let it depress you---maybe think of how it can be done on a more scaled down way? I try to think of that myself---how can I recreate eating certain types of food, even though they aren't 100% organic, etc.
I'm not depressed about the weight loss or food at all. I've scaled down as much as I can by once again eating as a vegetarian. It was the LOTTO part that did it, lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfhazard View Post
Get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and left to hunt for my own food.
Omg. That is really SO funny!
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote