Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #1  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Talking Biggest Loser Wii Game

Just wanted to know anyones thoughts on the Biggest Loser Wii game. I saw it at walmart along with the jillian micheals game....I dont want to spend $50 if they are not worth it. Would love any imput from anyone who has it!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I never played Biggest Loser but I hated Jillian Michaels. The game didn't really respond well to the remote or the balance board so I spent more time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong than actually working out (like where you're just supposed to be running down a path it wouldn't recognize I was moving and then a while after Id stopped my character on the screen would move a bit.... ) Anyway, totally frustrating and not a worthwhile work-out at all as far as I was concerned.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:19 AM   #3  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I havnt tried either of them but if you have a Gamestop nearby you can buy it and return it within 7 days if you dont like it! I know they do that with the used games and Im pretty sure its the same policy with the new.

A cheaper way would just buying it used online at amazon or something so you arn't spending so much.
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I've heard a lot of bad things about the Jillian Micheals one, not sure about the Biggest Loser one. The actual Wii Fit game that comes with the board is great though. I really enjoy that
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #5  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

i've had the biggest loser wii game for a few months now and i really, really like it. actually my favorite of all the wii fitness games; it's got the biggest range of difficulty, and provides actual resistance work. there are a few exercises that don't register well (such as woodchops) which i initially found frustrating, but i've let go of my need to get 5 stars on each exercise and just make sure i work hard. it's a better workout than my fitness coach and less repetitive than ea sports active (the first one, for sure. i like the second one better but have found myself moving away from it because the voice-over lady is so friggin' annoying.)

highly recommend. wish there was more dedicated cardio and the music doesn't do much for me, but it's the best from what i've tried.
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

i do biggest loser challenge for wii and i love it. I am just burning and in pain..so sore from my workouts.. I am sweating up a storm..It works my whole body i feel.. I can feel the burn all over in every muscle group...I like the diversity in the programs available for routines..and i like that i can do a routine a day and then do some extras like yoga at a light level for a good stretch. Cant say weather its helping me get in shape or helpng me lose weight though cause i havent used it enough yet to figure that out..so im trying to figure it out now..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I have the Biggest Loser for the Wii and I love it. I agree that it was frustrating at first when certain exercises wouldn't register properly, but I feel like I get a good workout out of it. I have myself set up on the 12 week program at moderate intensity. Just recently started doing the Biggest Loser walking dvd as well. So far I have lost 22 lbs since Jan 3 doing just that and counting calories. Money well spent to me.
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote