Old 06-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #1  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Default Friends and Losers June 1-15

Just saying good morning! It was an awesome weekend. My son graduated from high school and I was a proud Mom.
I didnt lose the ten pounds I wanted to but I am on my way there. Last night I was at boot camp again. Today I can hardly move my legs. We did lots of running and squats. It really hurts but it also feels so good!
I am proud of myself for continuing to go to my boot camp, its been quite an experience.Now that I have my exericse routine going, I need to concentrate on my meal plan.
I know I am going to look great by July, thats my goal!!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Oh ya, I put a picture of my son on my profile picture from his grad. It's a Mom thing!!!! What can I say.
Isnt he handsome!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joan.....your son is adorable........I would be bragging about him too. And, congrats on keeping him alive this long. It is a real Mom accomplishment

Wow, what has our little group of losers become? Maybe we have all moved on to new social networks, who knows........but this was/is my first love. I have always loved the unconditional support that flows through this forum, so I will continue to check back every now and then and see if it is hopping again

Life is pretty smooth for me right now. My oldest DD is living in Wisconsin now, and we have the baby......who is not really a baby anymore......she just turned two in May. I really need to potty train her (she is ready), but I just don't feel like it. The kids are all out of school, and so far that has been going really well. My DH is working lots, so that is good. My family is healthy, including my Dad, who gave us a real scare earlier this year. So, all in all, life is good. Now, if I would just allow myself to take better care of myself, life would be more complete.

I have made a good effort to do so. I went for bloodwork I was supposed to go for in January last week, I colored my hair yesterday, and I have a doc appointment tomorrow to make sure I am in good health. My plan is to begin a nice, simple eating and exercising plan no later than Monday, but most likely before. I am feeling the vibes, and I am worth it. How about you?
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Joan-your son is a cutie-love a guy that can wear pink!

yeah-so haven't been around here much-not sure I really fit in the the LAWL group anymore since I'm not following the diet. It's strange-whenever i have a diet that worked for me once (but then regained)-I'm not successful at doing it again. Can't seem to find the motivation.

Did any of you see the Grey's Anatomy with the extremely obese man? I pretty much cried throughout that entire episode. I'm so afraid that I'm going to end up like that.

I have a (almost) 4 yr old that needs me to be more active and not exhausted at the end of the day. I'm so heavy I can't even exercise much-if I go on a walk-I hurt for days. My knee is killing me, my feet, the BONES in my legs ache.

So-I'm going to a seminar next week to get more info regarding baratric surgery. The success rate for keeping weight off from diet and exercise after a few years is like 5%. While you can regain weight after surgery-the success rate is about 75%. I had hoped I could be that 5% but I've regained and lost the same 50-75 lbs over and over. I don't mean to discourage anyone (I'm morbidly obese. BMI>50) but my situation is getting life-threatening. And while the idea of surgery scares the bejeesus out of me and I feel like such a failure to even consider it-it may be my only choice. And it's not an easy way out-you have to follow a diet plan and exercise-I'm hoping that it's going to give me the boost I need to be successful.

Anyway-that's why I've been quiet. I've lurked a bit on the WLS forum but I've been wanting to talk about it but am afraid to tell people IRL (except my mom) because I'm just not sure how they will react.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. just popping in here to say hi. i posted a new pic in my profile as well..it's before my DH left. things are well with me. still plugging along with my workouts (consistently 4-5 days/week for a YEAR!!) and doing good with my eating. i'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight and my girl just turned a year at the end of april, so not too bad. other than that, i'm just taking it all day by day and trying to make something of this whole "single, but married" life since i've got a whole year of it ahead of me.

hope everyone is doing well and remembering to take good care of themselves.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #6  
Post-Master

JM........I think your plan to go to the seminar is fantastic. You will always fit in here, so don't even think of going away. Let us know what you learn. You are super smart, and well educated (not many have both), so getting informed on this will help you make the best decision for you. Whatever you do......don't give up on your health I know you won't.......just felt like I had to say that
XOXO
Old 06-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #7  
Post-Master

P.S. I have reached an all time high WI .....I am now officially 100 pounds overweight. I am not celebrating.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
P.S. I have reached an all time high WI .....I am now officially 100 pounds overweight. I am not celebrating.
yeeeeaaaahhhhh Nicole! oh wait, i mean ooops, not that i mean, ...with lots of and i'll be on you to get yourself back in gear!

and JM, i agree with Nicole! let us know how things are going and please stay around here!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #9  
Post-Master

Love you, GI Jillian xoxo
Old 06-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #10  
WonderWoman

thanks! i try! i'm all about the tough love!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. I told a couple of friends tonight that I've only known the last 2 years who have no clue of my dieting history and they were also so supportive about whatever I decide to do.. I know I'll meet resistance at some point (likely from family members) but it's soooo nice
to know who my true friends are. Funny since we've never met huh?

BTW-did you watch Jillian's show this week? It had a family who at least 2 members had bypass surgery and the father gained back all his weight. I got really frustrated with Jillian at first when they went to the gym and pushed them to do things i KNOW I couldn't do without passing out! I actually really respect Jillian but shows like this and the Biggest Loser aren't always very realistic. Who can work out for hours a day? It's just not practical.

However-she did seem to make a difference in the family-and I guess that makes it worth it. I hope they can keep it up!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #12  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi Ladies

I haven't had much chance to post lately.Life is just crazy busy wrapping up my research thesis, working part-time and trying to live healthy.

Joan- Your son looks adorable in pink )....you must be a proud mom.

Nicole- You are so worth it!I guess it is impractical to think that every day of our lives would be the same.What matters is not to give up and fighting your way back to where you wanna be.

Jillian- you two look so cute together . The year would pass in a blink.

JM- You go girl!Not many people would have the guts to take that step.You know your own body better than the others and what is best for you.

TBL is in a way impractical as every other reality show.Most of us don't have the luxury to just focus on losing weight for months.However, I have seen that picking an activity that you love and adding variety to your diet helps a lot.

Anyone watched "Losing it with Jillian" on NBC Jun 1st ? I missed that episode.I am also looking forward to Jillian Talk show next year.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #13  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Wow....

Hi everyone. With the exception of MJ, I was shocked to see so many "old" regulars posting. Julie - I feel the same way as you do...I try something once and then move on (except WW which I have probably attempted 20 times in my lifetime!).
I guess I'm most proud of Joan and Jillian who continue to do so well in both the exercise and eating categories...keep it up ladies...know that you are an inspiration.
I'm doing fine....hovering at 172 and need to lose 30 lbs to consider myself somewhat healthy. Aging is not my friend and I truly believe I need to exercise hard six days a week to see progress...and, of course, turn away from a lot of food addictions I seem to have lately.
Yes, Nicole, I'm more of a facebooker and emailer these days....but glad I took the time to check things out today. I actually came to the 3FC site to find some encouraging words for a friend who started a program, but her biggest concern is she cannot drink for 4 months (she's very social and that involves drinking for her). Anything you've read or seen that I can send her way, please share!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #14  
Post-Master

JONI...........as I was logging in, I was thinking, wow...it would be really nice to see Joni's face here....and tada!!!! Aging is bull$hit..........no doubt about it, but you, my friend, are young at heart, and will never grow truly old

I am proud to report that I practiced great self control over the weekend. We did tons of yard work and opened the pool, so I got plenty of activity also Yay me! I am mostly counting calories via fitday.com. I am trying to keep it all balanced too....but I have been somewwhat veggie deficient lateyl. I will try to get more in this week. Oh, man, baby girl needs me....it is way past her naptime. I will check back soon. Keep fighting, ladies
XOXO
Old 06-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

just thought i'd check in and say hello...my day is crazy already and i figured i'd say hi really quick.
keep up the motivation and keep investing in yourself!