South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #1  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Default O/T Total Rant, sorry in advance

I am so sick of this!!
I just got back from the hospital where I was expecting to have 2 large painful abscesses drained and packed. They did the 2 abscesses and then found 4 more so I had 6 drained at once, no break in between. I was a total mess, crying and shaking at the end of it.

I am so sick of all this. I tried every therapy suggested, even though I was afraid of the mega side effects. I gave each therapy tons of time to work. I had major surgery which will affect my life forever. I did everything , tried everything and am just as sick as ever.

Now I have to go back tomorrow to get them re-packed and you should see the sticky bandges he put on, I am going to scream like I'm on fire ..there are some in very sensitive areas. Ugh. And, he wouldn't give me any pain meds. And, my gastro is MIA until tuesday- as it is, I only have about 10 left.

I will do anything to get better. I would sell my house. I would give everything I own. Take any supplement. Change my diet. Inject myself (BTDT), take the devil in pill form (BTDT again) to make this go away.
Nothing is working and all I want is to get better!

It frustrates me to no end to hear someone say, oh yeah my such and such 8 times removed has crohn's... and since they have had what like 1 flare in thier life, no abcess, no fistula, no arthrits, etc they know EXACTLY what its like to be me?? And then the co-worker who said, my friend has crohn's- yours must be pretty mild b/c if it was severe you'd not be fat.
Seriously??
My crohn's is in my colon; most people's are in the small intestine. Theirs affects their absorption of nutrients. Mine does not. My gastro and colo-rectal surgeon said I had the worst case of crohn's they'd ever seen. But, I feel so misunderstood by others.

sometimes this just really sucks.
If you made it thru my sob story, I'm so sorry. I'm crying even now- just really needed to vent.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Sometimes life just isn't fair. And it must be really frustrating to deal with the comments.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #3  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I hope it's okay for me to post here even though I'm not a South Beacher. I just wanted to give you some support for your difficult situation. Two of my brothers and my dad all have Crohn's Disease and I know it can be a devastating illness.

Hugs to you and the hope for better health in your future Natalia.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm so sorry Natalia, what a horrible thing to go through - and it's even worse when you feel others don't understand the gravity of what you're dealing with. Lots of hugs.
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Natalia, I feel so bad for you, that you are suffering so much.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am so sorry People are so insensitive sometimes, you just want to slap them! I hope your doctor's figure something out for you, living with pain just isn't right!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #7  

Thank you so much, girls
I appreciate you "listening" to me and my tales of woe.
I know I can get through this, just having a dark day today.

Tai, so sorry to hear about your brothers and dad. So glad YOU don't have this DD. Something must be done soon; Crohn's seems to be growing to epidemic proportions

Weirdly, atlantic Canada has the highest concentration of CD in the world. So, there must be an environmental aspect to the condition...
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

My heart really goes out to you. You must be in so much pain.

Just a thought...have you explored the benefits of tumeric (in capsule form?)
If not, you might just want to google crohn's+tumeric and maybe discuss it with your md..
I really believe in the stuff.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm so sorry for you and what you're going through. I am blessed to have no major illnesses with my family and can't even imagine everything you're going through. I hope you have good support with friends and family! (at least here you do!!)
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Natalia,
I am so sorry to hear of other's insensitivity! The nerve of them... You are in my prayers that you start to feel better but that also the doctors figure out how to fix what is going on. Working in the medical field many of my patient's have CD and after seeing what they go through many many hugs to you!!

times infinity!!

Heather
rtmomma1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Natalia-
I've been going on 5 years of an undiagnosed/misdiagnosed GI issue and literally feel your pain. What I have is somewhere in between Crohn's and ischemic colitis. I feel your pain and frustration and to eff with the rest of them.

Next time tell insensitive idiot coworker "really? I am sorry, I didn't know you got your MD! Congrats! What school was it again?"

If you ever want to chat, feel free to PM me anytime!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Natalia! One of my best friends has Crohn's and ulcerativecolitis (SP!?) Before he started dating his now-wife, I used to be the one to help him change the dressing in his packed owies, so I know the uncomfortable places you're talking about. The ER doctors in the town where we went to college knew us by name when we came in. Ugh. I'm so sorry you have to go through it. I will definitely keep you in my prayers!!!!

Lisa
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #13  

Wow, thanks girls!
femmecreole- I have heard of tumeric's anti-inflammatory properties , I should seriously look into the capsules. At the time I thought I'd have to add a scoop of it to everything I ate, and I like tumeric...but.. LOL I was also looking into pharmaceutical grade omega 3's. Supposedly they can really help with inflammation, and I want the ultra pure so that I don't have to deal with toxins, dioxins, PCB 's etc.

Jenne- That must be so hard! I remember everyone asking me when I got dx'd how I took the dx. I was like, fine, its a relief to know what "it" is!! So you must have some symptoms of each? Did you have a colonoscopy bc typically they can dx it asap with a colonoscopy. Also, normally with UC you can be constipated or altenate constipation with D. If its always bloody D, its more likely crohn's. But, UC can be cured via surgery! So I think that wouls be awesome

Weezle- wow, what a friend re-packing the gunky areas. I am actually going back to the hospital tomorrow again as I don't want to put dh through tghat. I admit its a bit embarrasing for me, too. I don't want him just to see me as a disease, and I think he already does
I feel like he's always picking up the pieces for me. Its been such a blessing that he was laid off when he was because I was soo sick after that and since then, its been really, really nice to have the help.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #14  
Slow and sure chick

Hi Natalia

As dh says as I'm looking at his external hemorroids -

"I guess this is why they make you take vows."
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Natalia,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and that they will be able to find a fix/cure for you. My Best Friend went through this about two years ago they were just about to remove most of her colon and give her an external bag and she finally turned around and is finally stable and slowly recovering her strength.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote