South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thin and Thankful Thursday

Good Morning

I'll insert the "disclaimer" as I do every Thursday that I have the opportunity to start the daily thread; while I certainly am not Thin I am Thankful. I'm thankful for finding a WOE I can live with and great friends to share in the journey... I continue to work on thinking "like a thin person", trying daily to make better food choices which effect positive change in my life.

Yesterday was a stellar OP day, and I'm working on another. I continue to sift through the paperwork and will head out at 730 for dog walking then off to chair yoga. I got an exciting invite last night; my Indian jewelry friends asked me to go with them to view items left from an estate sale. Of course, I don't need anything but a little shopping won't hurt.

What's on your agenda today? Stop by and say hi before heading out for the day, or pop in later and fill us in on the daily scoop. As always, I enjoy hearing from each and every one of you!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-03-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie! I'm thankful this morning, too. For finding a way of eating that has helped me get healthier and feel so much better, and for the friends I've made here and for so many other blessings in my life. Enjoy the estate sale today!

Another busy day in another busy week for me.
We've got rain on the way, and I sure hope it holds off until AFTER lunch recess! My students are doing their best to hang in there, but they're more than ready for summer vacation and a day cooped up indoors is sure to be long and noisy. lol

So many celebrations and thank you gifts this time of year. I feel like I've been surrounded by chocolates, ice cream and pastries the past few days. I've been doing well so far - but I'll sure be glad when the school year and all it's temptations ends.

Have a great day friends!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, I'm thankful to have warm, caring, happy people like you to help get the day started and keep us motivated. Spending a day with your friends at an estate sale sounds nice, and I hope you find some special pieces of jewelry.

I can't say yesterday was a stellar OP day for me. My lunch consisted of a milkshake, but at least I didn't have the funnel cake that everyone else was eating. I tried to make up for it by just having raw vegetables for supper. It was too hot to eat a hot meal. I already have a salad ready to go for my lunch today, and if I end up on the road, I'll take it with me.
One more day to get through, and by this time tomorrow morning, I'll be at Monica's, helping her load her things in my car for our Cape May weekend.

Good morning, Heidi! I imagine summer vacation fever is running high in your classroom and it's probably hard to keep the excitement in check. Hang in there, and I do envy you having the entire summer off!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-03-2010 at 06:04 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm thankful to have you Chicks to start my day with. You are the secret to my success.

Debbie - Sounds like a fun day Can't wait to hear about the sale.

Heidi - hope you make it through recess. My Mom lost weight after she retired and every time she subs she remembers why. Happy count down to summer

Cottage - There's something about the heat, my day wasn't exactly stellar either. Here's to a better day for both of us.

I'm off to a meeting up north then a massage this afternoon and Girls Night Out tonight. There will be a small party at the meeting but lunch will be my only challenge. Dinner out is easy, it's my regular pub and I always order the same thing. Not sure if or where I will squeeze a little exercise in. I hate to work too hard right after a massage

Hope your day is an easy one
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Heidi, yesterday was last day for the neighborhood kids. Boy, could you tell last night! They were celebrating in the streets! Those treats have to be brutal! I'd be looking for the best drop off point on my way home. lol

Cottage, I'm glad you enjoyed the milkshake....I'm sure you and I are of the same opinion about funnel cakes, though....they don't seem to have any valid justification anymore. A mini vacation sounds just perfect!

Cyndi, your day sounds very enjoyable! Enjoy your massage and night out!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! I can totally feel the love. I am also thankful for so much. I keep meaning to start a 'gratitude' journal, maybe that will be my project for July. June is on track so far, even though it's only June 3 . I was on plan yesterday; and another thing I've been doing (since June 1) is waking up and doing 15 minutes of yoga (I have taped a couple of episodes of "Priscilla's Yoga Stretches" on PBS; they are about 15 minutes which is totally manageable) and laying on my Shakti mat for 5 minutes while I wait for the coffee. I've decided NO WINE for the whole month, even after I finish Phase 1 which will be hard for me...I love my wine on the weekends, and sometimes during the week. But with everything that has been happening with my mom, I was indulging far too often. But here I go. I need to keep repeating my commitment about the month of June being a physical and emotional detox for me. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

Lexiss - you're our South Beach poster child! You are such a great motivator. I am quite envious of the estate sale! That's one of the things we don't do anymore with young children. Maybe a couple more years?

Heidi - Ugh! That must be tough to have those all around you...you should be proud of yourself!

Cottage - how 'bout if we forget what i ate last night, you can forget the milkshake?

Cyndi - enjoy the massage and girls night out. I'm not sure which one sounds better to me.....

Me - Just got back from a run....miserable! It says it's only 83%humid, I'd say it was much more than that. Well, at least it's over. I did have a lovely trail run yesterday, I've gotten to enjoy those much more.

We decided to go camping this weekend, so in between work I need to start getting everything prepped. I tend to bring big salads (black bean, etc) for myself to eat all weekend, so I don't eat so much bad stuff. I think we tend not to do TOO bad. I *might* have to have smore though .

Have a great day!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - Great title and wonderful disclaimer - I agree I've never been to an estate sale; sounds fun.

Heidi - Good job resisting. Just a few more weeks?

Linda - I forgot, despite the post title, that it is almost the weekend again! Hope you have a fabulous one.

Cyndi - Maybe having the massage relaxation longer is worth skipping a workout. Just another way to nurture your body.

Mmc - I keep meaning to do it too! I did one for about a month last summer and can't remember why I stopped.

Twynn - I hope the humidity lets up for your camping.

I have a busy morning... PT, squeezing in a long bike ride, then out to lunch with DH another couple.

Have a great day all
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Mmc, have a great OP day! Your June goals are very inspiring!

Twynn, you help me lots, too! The "sale" is just what is left of the Indian jewelry-so you wouldn't have to worry about the kids! I'm going with my friends that I went to the Hopi reservation with in March.

Karen, your day sounds fun! Enjoy your bike ride and lunch with friends!

I've been resisting the urge to take a short snuggle with the pups, but think it's my destiny. I got lots done this am. I'm almost through the procrastion pile on my desk.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

So I'm noticing a monthly trend of losing weight and then not. Stupid part is that any teeny setback that really isn't a setback discourages me. sheesh. I had mac n cheese yesterday and it is showing today. That's all. It'll go back to normal soon enough. *shrug* I wish kraft would make something 100% whole grain that fills the mac n cheese void in my life. Of course it would be way over priced if they did! But today is another day and it can't be all bad. We'll see what happens in the long run.

Last edited by Jarlie; 06-03-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Jarlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #11  
Be happy.

Hey Jarlie - have you tried cauliflower with cheese sauce? I'm not a big fan of Kraft, but I sure love my homemade stuff. I always fix it when my son visits but I steam up some cauliflower with melted cheese/milk/margarine for myself. It's pretty good and quite quick and easy.

Last edited by Heidi58; 06-03-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try. I don't mind cauliflower after all...
Jarlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Very late check-in for me. Our electricity went off in the night so I was coffee-less and computer-less this morning. I had appointments in town and just got home now. The power is back on but just since noon!

This afternoon we are doing the set-up of the stage and lighting for Saturday night's dinner theatre - they cancelled this morning because of no power! It's a busy three days ahead so I may not be around too much.

Here's my weekend. And then there's the chicken BBQ on Sunday at 5 - at least I don't need to cook for it, just be there. The summer social whirl has begun. No flies on me!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Sounds like everyone is doing well and thankful. I had my yearly exam yesterday and the doc did order blood work to make sure I don't have any chemical inbalance going on. Atleast I will know if everything is normal I am just going to have buckle down and start calorie counting as well as following SB in order to lose this dang weight.

Tonite is play practice for dd2 nothing else on tap tonite
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! Sorry a late post for me as I have worked the past 2 nights and tonight is my last for a couple of days. I made the refried bean soup and savory muffins.... OMG sooo goood and it definitely helped stave off the vending machine munchies!

Camping is in the plan for this weekend but it looks like rain on Saturday so I am debating if I should go with my sister and parents...

I am gearing up for Monday as my official SBD day but have been getting myself on the eating every fours hours schedule and it isn't bad at all. When I go 5 hours my body definitely can tell and blood sugar drops a little until I get the snack or meal in.

Have a great day!
rtmomma1677 is offline   Reply With Quote