Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/181/170

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Default Just curious...I was bad.

Today, after weighing in and losing 4 lbs, I went to the city with some friends! We went to a mexican restaurant where I had a salad, which is completely OP! But then, I was bad, and I ate a sopapilla and a spoonful of ice cream. I feel horrible about it. I really feel like I let myself, and those who are rooting for me down. Is this gonna effect my weigh in on Saturday?? I'm hoping to at least maintain weight, maybe lose a pound. I really hope this doesn't mess things up.

Afterwards, we went to the museum and walked around TONS. I still drank 85 oz of water, and did my HNS. I hope this doesn't screw me up. I don't want to be unsuccessful in the 2nd week.

Thanks
mtgal1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Awww.. your not bad! Your normal! You ate a salad, and you slipped up. You did the best thing you could have done by walking and drinking your water. Always, always get right back op for the next meal, dont wait till tomorrow. You did the right thing. Keep on the right track of feeling good by making OP choices. You can do it! You need to eat the right things at the right times on this diet in order to be successful follow your menu! Chin up and move forward dont look back!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I think, in fact, that you were pretty darn good! You had one sopapilla and a spoonful of ice cream. Way to show restraint! Give yourself a little credit for having a treat and not turning it into an entire day off plan. I don't think this one thing will affect the scale next week. Again, good job!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgal1453 View Post
Today, after weighing in and losing 4 lbs, I went to the city with some friends! We went to a mexican restaurant where I had a salad, which is completely OP! But then, I was bad, and I ate a sopapilla and a spoonful of ice cream. I feel horrible about it. I really feel like I let myself, and those who are rooting for me down. Is this gonna effect my weigh in on Saturday?? I'm hoping to at least maintain weight, maybe lose a pound. I really hope this doesn't mess things up.

Afterwards, we went to the museum and walked around TONS. I still drank 85 oz of water, and did my HNS. I hope this doesn't screw me up. I don't want to be unsuccessful in the 2nd week.

Thanks
Guilt gets us *nowhere,* determination gets us *everywhere and anywhere!* Hang in there!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

You did GREAT... You didn't have chips/salsa or any of the heavy mexican dishes. I got advice off here from someone that says you don't cheat... you choose to eat off program. This is a lifestyle change. You can't not eat ice cream forever.. Great job!! Just start today on program..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #6  

You chose to eat off program....you can choose to eat whatever you want -- so don't let that make you feel bad. Just get right back on program today. What they will tell you at the center, is that by going over on the carbs (which convert to sugar) you will take your body out of fat-burning for 3 days. (I don't know that I personally believe that, but that's what they will tell you.) But please just know that we are all human and there will be times like this. The important thing is what you decide to do over the long run! Hang in there -- you can do it!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
You did GREAT... You didn't have chips/salsa or any of the heavy mexican dishes. I got advice off here from someone that says you don't cheat... you choose to eat off program. This is a lifestyle change. You can't not eat ice cream forever.. Great job!! Just start today on program..
I totally agree with MEEZOOGIRL. We are trying to make a sustainable lifestyle change. If we go into this thinking that once we hit our goals that we can go back to our old ways, we will end up back where we started. I think it is more about being aware that when we eat off program we need to make those extra efforts to make up for it, e.g. drinking more water and exercising.

Good luck with your continued journey!

Last edited by SandyKC0SWJ; 06-02-2010 at 01:07 PM.
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgal1453 View Post

Thanks

okay, hopefully you will let us know the result -- but I AM BETTING ON YOU!
I totally believe that you will show a nice loss in spite of this. TOTALLY! Cause, for one thing, this just doesn't sound like much of a slip-up!

You Rock!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/181/170

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Thank you everyone!! You are all so inspiring!!!
mtgal1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #10  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

I would like to add to this thread. I agree with everyone that if we choose to "practice like we play", our game in the long run will be much more like real life than whether we are constantly monitoring every morsel. I wander, but then I compensate. The important thing I often tell myself is that overall, my choices are still a whole lot better than they used to be. When I choose to eat off program, it is a deliberate choice. On the last day of school Friday, our principal called us all down to the lounge after the kids left by announcing, "Let us eat cake." The last day of school only happens once a year, and I went ahead and had a small piece. It was wonderful! But I didn't go back for a second piece and then decide I needed to go to Dairy Queen and keep the party going! That was Friday, and today I weighed in and had a 1.5 pound loss. Everything in balance!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/207/173

Height: 5'6"

It is hard to be a young adult and be on MRC. Its hard to turn down going out and eating with friends. I know this because I'm struggling with the same issues right now. Just keep your head up and don't get discouraged.
I went to weigh in this morning and actually gained 1 pound. Instead of letting this get me down like I normally would I'm using it to fuel my fire to stay entirely on plan from now on!
Good luck... we are in this together!!
eli87marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 8"

Default Keep moving forward!

We all will slip up, it is part of being the imperfect humans we are. It's OK. Be as forgiving and understanding with yourself as you would a good friend.
namaste1969 is offline   Reply With Quote