South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wakey-Wakey Wednesday

Good Morning

Everyone has gone home and I have the house to myself! Unfortunately, the state of the paperwork is grim. Fun, fundraisers and company have seen to that. If it was just my stuff I'd consider letting it sit for awhile but I'd better get the rescue and therapy groups caught up.

Oops! Rudi and Bing are both up! Time to check the yard out....Coffee is on and I'm pouring a cup! Join me and chat for a bit. What's up in your world today?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie!

I had a moment of panic this morning when the tab broke off the can of my expresso and I couldn't open it. You can't even open those cans with a can opener! I finally managed to jab a paring knife into the lid and pried it open, much to my huge relief. So now I'm back in business, LOL!

It's looking to be a nice day. I'll be busy polishing silver all morning, but I'm picking up Audrey & Maggie from school after lunch and taking them to the Devon Horse Show for the afternoon. Cindy will be competing in the sidesaddle event at 2, and we don't want to miss that.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Linda, opening that can could have been a dangerous task before coffee! Glad you resolved it. The horse show sounds really fun and it looks like you have a nice day for it!

I'm plugging away, and happily formulating a plan for after paperwork. I'll load the pups up and go to a 7am land aerobics, dash out for a meetup with pup friends at 8. I think I'll put the bike on the rack and take the car in for an oil change...I may even skip the pool today. That should lead me back for some house organization/afternoon down time(Law & Order reruns) .
Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies! Cottage, I can imagine the terror/fear when you could not get the coffee open. I use a percolator and prepare everything the night before, because I am not equipped to deal with any issues or difficulties until I have at least one cup of coffee!

Yesterday was on plan - I did eat 2 extra lf cheese sticks and one lf laughing cow wedge but still stayed OP. I realize I probably need to get myself some cottage cheese to tide me over until dinner is ready when I get home from work. It will be my other serving of dairy too.

Our commencement is this week so things are a bit busy at work, but not too bad. For once this weekend we are not going away (had been up to see my mom and then previous plans to go away for Memorial Day) so it will be nice and relaxing. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wakey-wakey was a bit late here this morning but we're all up now. I love the enthusiasm Jazz and Disney have for a new day.

It's a beautiful morning and my mock orange is scenting the whole neighbourhood. I wish we could bottle the scent. It's a big bush my grandma planted here in 1928. I may pick a bouquet of branches this morning.

Debbie, I am way behind on paper work too and have two accounts way out of balance at the moment. Grrr! I know I'll find the error but it's frustrating.

Cottage, are you polishing your silver or Cindy's? I wish I could help you because I love that job. Enjoy the show this afternoon.

Today is a "free" day although I need to do some baking to freeze for coffee after a big ecumenical church service Sunday morning. I am hoping to finish up the foundation plantings today and plant some tomatoes if I can dig up some of the vegetable garden. Moel has not tilled it yet because he's been so busy getting things together at the Mill for this big weekend.

Time to break the fast and crank up the day. Happy Hump Day!

ETA: Matilda, a weekend at home sounds good, especially when your week is hectic. Good work on being OP yesterday!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #6  

Debbie, I hope you have a productive day and manage to get to the bottom of that pile of paperwork. I was desperate when I thought of opening that can with a knife, but I was being very careful, too.

Matilda, it sounds like you'll need that relaxing weekend after this busy week. It's a good thing it's a short week!

Ruth, it's Cindy's silver that I'm polishing, and I really enjoy that task, too. I turn on TV and have a tall glass of iced tea by my side while I'm doing it.
Take it easy digging up the garden. I hope the soil is easy to turn!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Mmc, I'm glad to hear things are calming down for you. Great job on P1!

Ruth, the mock orange must smell heavenly! I think your pups are far more bouncy in the AM. I was suprised when Rudi showed up so early and Bing's main focus is FOOD. Enjoy your day in the garden!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Happy Hump Day friends. I didn't sleep well so am pretty out of it this morning. It's an office morning so I'll try to stop back later. For now it's all about the coffee
Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Cottage, I hate containers with tabs. It's so much easier to use a can opener. Glad you didn't slice off a finger.

Debbie, I'm going to go hang out with you some day. Your days always sound fun.

Matilda, I never knew your name! It's beautiful! Hooray for cheese sticks!

Ruth, Balancing accounts sounds like no fun at all! I don't write down every deposit, so if I mess up on writing down debits, there is hidden money. An accountant would cringe!

Me: Today is Auston's first day of summer program. He will go every Monday and Wednesday. Tuesdays, he stays with his grandparents. Since Jeff is self employed, he arranges his work out of the house those days and works in his home office Thursdays and Fridays. It works.

My SIL is out of surgery and doing well according to my brother's Facebook status. I don't know if she kept her uterus. They live in Okinawa, Japan, so I haven't actually talked to him today. Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts.

Last edited by Chelby29; 06-02-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone. So busy today with the silver and the gardens and the paperwork. Reminds me I have a stack of filing to do. I hear thunder so doubt I will get a bike ride in this morning. Darn.

Cottage - Have you ever tried turning it upside down and using the can opener on the bottom?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #11  

Cyndi, I hope coffee is working it's magic on you and putting the day in perspective. Have good one, you're almost over the hump.

Chelby, I'm glad your SIL seems to be doing OK, and I hope she has a fast recuperation. It sounds like you have a great routine for Austin for the summer. Yesterday, you asked about the Home & Garden tour. It's a fund-raising event that's held locally here on historic homes, and has nothing to do with Better Homes & Gardens magazine. Several years ago their home was featured in Chester County Living magazine, though.

I'm going to go have a walk around my yard and check the garden before heading out to the farm. Have a Happy Humpday!

ETA-

Good morning Karen! Yes, I did try the bottom of the can, but there wasn't a lip on the brand of expresso I use. I hope you get your bike ride in before the thunderstorm!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-02-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

No wakey wakey's for me! not a morning person. I can't wait for school to be over so I don't have to take my kids there and we can all sleep in just a little. (Friday is the last day) Other than the fact that I want to go back to bed, it's going to be a good day though. Good morning everyone. I hope your days are good too.

Last edited by Jarlie; 06-02-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning All!
Stormy afternoon and night yesterday..hoping the rain will hold out long enough for sheets to dry on the line. Cleaned out closets in my guest room yesterday and redid them for my own use. (room is attached to mine via a bathroom) Now they are all nice and neat and my clothes are happy. Old houses are great, but closet space is lacking. Planning on attacking another closet in my room today and converting it to a "bulky stuff" closet.
Off to the gym and then closets await.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Back from aerobics and dog walking. Next is a visit to the pet store get Bing a little trim....I almost forgot I have a therapy dog meeting at noon. I think I'll have a light lunch before, then have my salad upon my return. I can tell I'd better make a snack cake today as I'm out of dessert options...Karas beany brownie, I think.

Cyndi, I hope your day gets better.

Chelby, it sounds like you have a pretty good schedule worked out for Auston. lol Isn't it interesting how we keep track of family events on FB now.

Karen, rainy here, too. That takes care of biking for the day. PS You might just have to get that filing done!

Jarlie, thanks for stopping by even though it's not your "happy hour". lol

Cat, good job on closets and the gym! Funny, my old house (1887) has lots and lots of closets, and my Mom's (1905) has none. Mine were probably later additions, but who cares-I love it!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi to everyone I always miss later in the day. I always read posts but my brain doesn't seem to coordinate with my hands as I hit the downside of my day.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Def NOT my happy hour lol. I did get a nap in eventually, but only a little one. Gotta keep the day productive if I can. It's so rainy and overcast today.
Closed Thread