Old 05-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #1  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Question Could It Be a Plateau?

Hi All,

I need some advice and encouragement

I can't figure it out. I have been on and off of numerous diets over the last 18 months, everything from Jillian Michaels, South Beach, Slim Fast, etc., and continue to gain and lose the same 5 lbs, keeping me at or above 190 lbs. I have started WW and am in Week 5. I can't seem to break through 190 lbs. I get so close and the next week I am back up. This may sound crazy, but could this be a plateau?

I know that plateaus are typically later in weight loss, when your body is adjusting to the weight loss, decrease in Points (calories), and exercise. But, is it possible to hit a plateau early on? Have I screwed myself up "dieting" and need to just be patient and with hard work and dedication to WW I will lose it? I am getting frustrated that I can't break through this barrier! I am hoping by some miracle that after I get past 190 lbs, I start to drop. I know I want the weight to come off at a healthy pace, but I have lost .6 lbs for 3 of 4 WIs. It's hard to know that I am working hard and not getting a whole lb! I need to increase my exercise, that I know. But, still worried about 190, I have a ways to go still.

Thanks for letting me vent and explain my frustrations! Any advice on whether or not this could be a plateau or what you did to lose the weight would be helpful! I am always open to tips and ideas!

Have a great week,
Losing It In Colorado
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hang in there!

Have you measured yourself lately? I know when I see a stall, I am usually losing inches vs lbs. Look for NSV, like can you bend over farther, clothes fit differently, seeing muscle develop, etc.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208.6/202.6/150 Joined 5/6/10

Are you attending meetings? I would go straight to my leader-they are there to help you.
MotorCityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #4  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you for all your help and support! I really needed it! Yes, I do go to meetings and broke through my "plateau"! I lost 3.8 lbs this week!!!

I am no longer in the 190's and blew right past it. I think that "invisible wall" has been broken and I hope to continue my success. I really appreciate all your help and answers!

Good luck in your journeys!
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #5  

wow! thats great...glad to hear that you broke the plateau...
susanwmsrn is offline   Reply With Quote