South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #1  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Default Anyone not lose weight Phase 1.5?

Is it possible to be on phase 1.5 for awhile and not lose anything?

I am in my first week after Phase 1. I have managed to put on 2lbs although I know its not fat- but still. Its been almost a week and those 2 lbs persist.
I am not incorporating much grain /fruit. Usually one grain a day, no fruit. One day I had 2 grain, one day 1 grain, 1 fruit.

I have to say it's a bit discouraging when "before" I was eating all the wrong foods, all the time, way more calories, etc. You'd think the weight would fall off , but nope.

I know I have to be patient, but should I go back to phase 1? (The grains I've been eating are not bad ones- shredded wheat, flax meal, fiber 1)
I don't understand!??
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Yes - it is very possible. Many people stall when the start adding things back in. You may just need to be patient, or you may want to not add as much or add something different. I don't think you need to go back on Ph1. Just play around with what you are eating.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #3  
Be happy.

So many of us have had similar experiences that I think our bodies adjust to the phase 1 loss during the 3rd and 4th weeks, no matter what you eat.

I stayed on phase 1 an extra week because I was super busy and didn't want to have to think about anything new. I didn't gain, but I didn't loose much at all that third week of ph 1 or my first of ph 2. Then my body seemed to catch on to things and I lost a pretty consistent 1 and 1/2 to 2 lbs a week on phase 2 after that.

Last edited by Heidi58; 05-31-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #4  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Thank you so much! I was beginning to feel like a big failure (again)
I will be patient and hide the scale for awhile.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #5  
MammaJamma

S/C/G: 240/230.8/160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks I am two days into phase 2 and have had a little bump in the scale following all the rules - will increase my water and exercise but thanks for the reminder that this is a long process
EiRish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #6  
Taking one day at a time!

S/C/G: 135/131/120

Height: 5'2"

I lost about 3lbs the first week (ph1) then didn't lose any weight for the next 4 weeks! This past week tho I have lost 4lbs. I know for me I had to add more exercise in order to lose the weight.

sorry about your plateau keep on working at it tho it will pay off in the end!
sbweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I tend to lose weight in wooshes-not a thing for weeks and then woosh-4 pounds gone. Then not a thing for a month or more then woosh-another 2 pounds. \

I lost quite a bit on phase 1 but I find that as I get more into phase 1.5-2 I also lose the motivation to do everything I know I need to do to lose the weight. In phase 1, it's the beginning-it's new, it's working. After a couple weeks or more it's same old, same old.

It's easy to eat from boredom not because I'm actually hungry, I just want something in the mouth.

It's easy to forgot to exercise, or postpone exerscising because I'm are too busy or too tired, it's easy to not get my 10,000 steps in every single day because "I did so much today"

For me, I get complacent about planning my meals and preparing healthy options. After awhile I'm so tired of cooking fresh all the time that I start to take short cuts that I know don't work for me. One frozen dinner won't hurt-but for me it does. Frozen dinners don't stay with me and I tend to graze all afternoon after having one for lunch. If I plan ahead and have a good lunch with protein, good carbs and fiber my lunch will stay with me for several hours and I don't want to eat everything in site.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I had a big stall at the start of Phase 2 as well, I think that's pretty normal. I stuck with it because I had committed to the plan no matter what, and it is paying off. Hang in there!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Did the same thing, but lost some into second week of Phase II. Not nearly as much, but it came off slowly on Phase II. I maxed out at 2 grains & 1 fruit a day or vice versa.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote