Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 08:32 AM   #1  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Default Valentine's Day Walking Challenge

Hello Everyone! IT's one month to Valentine's Day and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a walking challenge? It would be for four weeks, and will end on Valentine's day! If you are interested post your goal here! On Monday come back and post your distances. I will keep track for everyone and will post how everyone is doing! Come on join in!

I meant to start this 2 days ago, so by all means count whatever you did beginning on Jan. 14th!

(Psst! It doesn't just have to be distance or even walking for that matter, it could be minutes exercised/ how many times a week you want toexercise/ running/ weight training/ whatever! Let's just do it , and motivate each other!

My Goal is 30 miles on elliptical or walking.
13 sessions of weight training
240 minutes Yoga/ Pilates/kickboxing/ballet/etc.

I have in 2 miles so far.

Last edited by lodyangel; 01-16-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:29 AM   #2  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hey Melody! I haven't been able to find you all until now. I have still been active on the thread but just not on the same ones as you.

Count me in girl. I need something to be accountable for, that always seemed to keep me going. Let me see...

Elliptical machine...100 miles
Yoga......................2 X a week
Ab roller.................100 reps in 4 weeks

ooow that one is going to be tough. I have been in funky mood these past few days but I got on my elliptical machine for the first time in a couple of weeks and it seemed to do wonders for me. Well anyway I hope that we will get some others that will join us otherwise it's just you and me, kid! LOL

Okay I am off to bed. Talk later.
Kina
Old 01-17-2003, 12:27 PM   #3  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I'm about to vaccuum the living room so that I will be able to get my yoga in. My little bird leaves so much bird seed on the ground. I figured if I have to check in on Monday I better get atleast some yoga in this week.

Bye.
Kina
Old 01-17-2003, 11:58 PM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

Hey Kina! How are you! Good I hope.

Here's what I did today!

10 minutes Boot Camp workout
7 minutes Elliptical .5 mile
10 minutes Kickboxing
10 minutes Yoga

I am going to try to get in another 10 minutes of Yoga after I get off of this computer! You have a huge goal! You must be really active. I know how you feel about being in a funk. If I don't work out I get the same way, something about releasing endorphins when you are moving those buns! Well I will see you baCK HERE ON mONDAY IF NOT BEFORE!
Old 01-18-2003, 10:48 AM   #5  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Melody. Well I would really like to focus mainly on the ab roller because my abs is my biggest problem spot. But I know I can't live on ab rolling alone. Needless to say after I vaccuumed I began other things and didn't get my yoga in but I think I am going to sit yoga out for the weekends. I think that will give me the workout but not the jumping everywhere so that I don't wake up anyone. So yoga today. Talk to you later. We are going out of town to visit my little brother. Bye.
Kina
Old 01-19-2003, 06:12 PM   #6  

Hello ladies! I'd like to join. I'll put in for 65 miles on the treadmill between today and Valentines Day. I need to kick up the pace a bit. Did 4 miles yesterday and off today. Do we have a weekly check in? Thanks for having me!! TTFN,
Old 01-19-2003, 06:13 PM   #7  

By the way, I am now off to the movies to eat movie theater popcorn, I'll have to do 6 miles tomorrow!!!!! But, I aved up the points so I don't feel too bad about it, I'm working to keep my guilt in check!
Old 01-19-2003, 09:52 PM   #8  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Please, join us Laney. The more the merrier. I think posting your weekly even daily results is a great habit to get into, atleast for me, it keeps me honest. You know what I mean ! Well if it eases your guilt any Laney today is PopCorn Day. And popcorn in moderation couldn't hurt anyone. Just be thoughtful of how much you eat. Also try to go for the small bag that way you will have LESS to eat. I read somewhere that when you order a big bag you usually end up eating all of it without noticing because you are so engrossed in the movie...so true!

Well I am out of here. Hugs to you.
Kina
Old 01-20-2003, 12:13 PM   #9  

O.K. everyone I'm back! I know i know it's been a long time. My goal is 40 miles. I've already did 1 yesterday and planning to do 2-3 today since the weather is so nice. I'll check in later on in the week. Thanks for keeping this thread alive!
Old 01-20-2003, 12:48 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies:

I'm in for a 45 mile goal, I am into the walk away the pounds walking tapes, I do 2 miles a day and am working toward the 3 mile tape.

I have done 10 miles last week, I find these tapes easier than actually going outside and doing a walk, which is good because it is a little too cold for walking outside the past week or so.

Hope you girls have a great week.

Suzanne
Old 01-20-2003, 01:24 PM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

It's Monday! Time to post your totals for last week! Welcome to everyone...Laney, Jacksons Mom, Madtypist...Glad to see you back!

Here are my totals :

Elliptical 2.5 miles
weight training: 1 session
Yoga/ pilates/kickboxing/ ballet: 40 mins.

Gosh, looking at it all aid out on the computer like that it doesn't look like I did all that much!
Old 01-20-2003, 01:43 PM   #12  

Hello everyone.I'm having a great day so far! I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch and I'm trying a new salmon recipe for dinner. But best of all, I got 5 miles in on the treadmill in 1 hr and 10 mins. I am so excited!! I got it back in October and that is the longest distance I've managed so far. All of the kids were cooperating today, so I just kept going! I've been working my way up to jogging slowly. I can maintain 5 mph for ten minutes at a time!! THat is absolutely amazing for me because I am so not the athletic type, never have been either. I am working to the day I can jog a continuous mile. I'm so close!!! I have a ways to go to reach my goal of 65 miles. I have a private goal of that for the month of Jan, but my dd was in the hospital and I got behind. I'm hoping to catch up before the end of the month. That's why I set my goal for this challenge at 65 miles too. If I don't make the Jan one, I definately plan to make the Valentines Day one!!
I see you all are doing a couple of different activities. I have a yoga tape and the 2 mile WATP tape but I just can't get into them. I think I need to try harder! I think variety is very important. I want to take a spinning class too, does anyone do that? If so, what do/did you think of it? Biking is my favorite form of exercise in the summer but I can't affod a stationary bike for a couple of more months. Maybe I should get the bike first and work on it for a while before I sign up for a spinning class? I hear they can be brutal. I donno, I'm just rambling now so, everyone have a great day and TTFN,
Old 01-20-2003, 07:54 PM   #13  

I'll join, even though it's a week late. I guess mine will be a 3 week challenge, right? Here are my goals...

- Stairclimber 2x a week
- Calisthenics every night
- 20 minutes of anything every day

Normally I'd have loftier goals, but I'm studying for finals this week, so I don't have as much time as usual. I'll post back tomorrow!
Old 01-20-2003, 08:07 PM   #14  

Duh! All that rambling on and I forgot to post my weekly stats! I got 17&1/2 miles in this week. I'm hoping for at least 20 next week. Have a great one! TTFN,
Old 01-21-2003, 02:40 PM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

Welcome I Run For Fun!

Here's what we have so far...

Lody Angel goal 30 miles... actual 2.5
13 sessions Of Wt....1 session
240 minutes of Yoga...etc........40 minutes

Laney Goal 65 actual...17.5 miles

Kina Goal 100 miles...actual 9 miles
Yoga 2 times a week...0
ab roller 100 reps...20 reps
stepper....1600 reps....400 reps

Jacksonsmom Goal 40 miles Actual ??? Where are ya?

Madtypist Goal 45 miles actual ??? Miss you!

IRun Goal stariclimber 2 X's a week
Calinsthenics every night
20 minutes of anything daily....actual Just Started!

Keep up the fat burning work!

Last edited by lodyangel; 01-22-2003 at 08:25 AM.
Closed Thread