Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/193/120

Height: 5' 5"

Default Another Introduction

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time here and I thought I'd start out by posting an introduction. Of course I'm struggling with my weight (like everyone here). I've tried many diets and even had some success with weight watchers but I couldn't keep it up and soon gained it all back and more. I'm now 30 and am the heaviest I've ever been. My husband is in the military and is being deployed for over a year. I'd love to be able to surprise him with a new and happier me. My husband is a very fit man, and he loves to go out and is a very social person. But I feel so embarrassed about my weight that I never want to go anywhere or meet anyone. I've totally isolated myself because of an overwhelming fear that people are judging me. I think this is from my childhood where I was constantly and humiliatingly bullied about my weight. I want to be able to be confident enough to have fun with him and enjoy life. I catch myself thinking "I'll do that when I'm thinner" or "I'll be happy once I'm skinny". But I've said that for so long and I haven't gotten there yet. I'm missing out on so much. I've never tried an online support group before but I did find when I went to WW that it really helps if I have someone to be accountable to. If it's just me I can find all the excuses in the world. But if I have others who are keeping track too then I can't use those excuses anymore. Thanks for reading my post and I really hope we can help each other.
qwcsilvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, I think wanting to surprise your Husband is very sweet, and a wonderful idea, but I think you will find that you have to want to lose the weight for yourself. I found I couldn't use outside motivation to stop me from eating, and to get off the couch to exercise. I married a very active man but managed to turn him to my sedetary lifestyle, not the other way around, so now we are both making the effort.

Since Chicks can be over-whelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated, find one you like that fits your needs, and just post to join.

PS. Thank your Husband for his willingness to serve his country! He is a hero.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/219/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi qwcsilvr!

I've mostly been a lurker on 3FC with the exception of a couple of posts here and there. Like you, I'm 30 and am the heaviest I've ever been. Your post touched me because I find myself saying the same things to myself that you do about doing certain things when I'm thinner and being happier when I'm thinner. My husband is also really social, he's gorgeous and fit, and I just prefer to stay at home because I feel so inadequate next to him. Someone asked me at work the other day if I'm "with child", I bluntly replied "no, I'm just fat". My coworker was mortified and apologized profusely to me, but to be honest it was a good kick in the butt for me. I've let myself go and it's time to start taking care of myself again.

I think it's wonderful that you want to surprise your husband when he returns from service, but I agree with patchworkpenguin when she says that you have to want to lose weight for yourself. Looking amazing for your hubby will just be icing on the cake!

If you want, I'd be honored to go on your weight loss journey with you. Maybe we can check in on each other and help each other out when it gets to be too much? The offer is there, but no pressure. :-)
jdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #5  
Mustbdelirious

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'3

Default Welcome

hello and welcome. today is my first day on here as well...but been a lurker for a while lol. Yes its very hard but you can do it.
Mustbdelirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #6  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Losing weight is always hard- but always worth it! You only get out what you put in. Good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #7  

I'd really like that Jdel. Thank you!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #8  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Welcome qwcsilver and Jdel, I too am new here. I was a lurker for only a moment the support here is great. I am 14 years older than the two of you but I have been dealing with my weight since my first child at 27, I weighed 128 when I got pregnant and when I delivered I weighed 199 1/2. I thought I'd have the baby and the weight would go away, well I only got down to 188 after about two years and ended up over 200lbs in the years to come. Like Penguin said, I have to do it for me, trust me I have tried to lose weight for my husband and it does not work. But that's great that you want to surprise your husband. LOL, if I stick with it this time it will definitely surprise my husband. Jdel I am the Mother of five children so I am constantly asked, "Are you pregnant again." Then they have the nerve to say, "I remember when you were this big", like I don't remember it also. I'm sorry I know this is your intro, I'd like to join the two of you to keep each other accountable daily. Welcome again and Thanks for listening.

Best of luck to us all in our weight loss journeys.

Last edited by love2b150; 06-09-2010 at 03:29 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Good Luck!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/194/125

Height: 5 ft 2

hiya
welcome to 3FC
best of luck
bbg200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #12  

That sounds good love2b150...the more the merrier and I suspect the better for us in terms of weight loss.

I am sorry to have been away ans silent so long but I am just recovering from a 2 week illness. I was having a lot of stomach pain and the doctors still dont know what's causing it but I am finally on a medicine that helps so I feel lots better! On the plus side (if you can call it that) I wasn't able to eat very much during these two weeks and its sort of jump-started my diet. Though I really don't recommend it as a weight loss strategy!

I've added you and jdel to my buddy list...send me a pm sometime.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #13  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwcsilvr View Post
That sounds good love2b150...the more the merrier and I suspect the better for us in terms of weight loss.

I am sorry to have been away ans silent so long but I am just recovering from a 2 week illness. I was having a lot of stomach pain and the doctors still dont know what's causing it but I am finally on a medicine that helps so I feel lots better! On the plus side (if you can call it that) I wasn't able to eat very much during these two weeks and its sort of jump-started my diet. Though I really don't recommend it as a weight loss strategy!

I've added you and jdel to my buddy list...send me a pm sometime.

Glad you're feeling better. It's horrible when you're stomach hurts.

When you get a chance search through the forums and join a few. The support is great. I'm on a few that help keep me accountable. I even joined a challenge to get my weigh down to 184 by July 4th. I think that's my main motivation right now . I'm actually not doing too bad counting my calories. But I'm a snacker, that's my BIGGEST problem. Salty things, yum, but when watching what we eat we have to pay attention to sodium.

Well time to fry chicken for my family ... talk with you all later
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote