South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #1  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Default Cravings coming back - restart Phase I?

I'm thinking of restarting Phase I because I've been having such terrible cravings lately. I gained back about five pounds and I'm a little scared! Anyone else do a do-over?
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

I'd do a couple of days or so back on P1 to kill those cravings, but more importantly I'd suggest you look very carefully at what you've been eating lately that has caused the cravings.
Could be something 'innocent', like you're just very sensitive to a good carb - for me that would be oatmeal. I can't eat it, period. Or you're eating a little too much of the good carbs.
Or it could be that a food you believe to be ok actually has some dodgy ingredient you didn't expect.

So sure, do a few days P1 (Probably no need to do two whole weeks again) and look carefully at what you've been eating.
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #3  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Just as an educated guess - I think it was the bread. It's whole wheat, organic, no sugar but I think I'm sensitive to breads.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis__ View Post
Could be something 'innocent', like you're just very sensitive to a good carb - for me that would be oatmeal. I can't eat it, period......Or it could be that a food you believe to be ok actually has some dodgy ingredient you didn't expect.
Super interesting, Artemis, because oatmeal is absolutely one OP food I can't eat....I just want more and more and more.....

I agree, it may be something you are sensitive to or a hidden ingredient. Even after a year, I was absolutely mindblown to find that a bread I was buying on sale (mainly for DH) which said Whole Grain made with Whole Spelt actually had white (wheat!) flour as the main ingredient.???I could have sworn I checked it the first time.

I'm one who isn't into going back to two weeks of P1 unless I decide to fall off the SBD wagon for a really extended period of time. It's much easier just to focus on what I need to tweak in order for P2 to continue to work for me.

You'll hear something that will sound right to you, but I'd suggest several days of a totally clean P1 then add again gradually, seeing what happens.

I have to say, in my case I find that sometimes the cravings are totally mental-either a desire to eat a specific food or an emotion which causes my brain to want to eat in order to achieve some sort of comfort. When I am able to recognize those situations, then I am able to realize that no amount of P1 will take that craving away. At that point I need to work on acceptance in my life.

Best wishes!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-30-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote