Old 05-28-2010, 04:45 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Lightbulb

Started Pig2Twig on Tuesday, I've lost 5lbs!
I know (from oh, how many diets) about water loss etc etc but still, 5lbs is encouraging.

Average:
1100 calories (Day #1 was a bit of a hunt around for food but I ate plenty)
12g carbs
64g protein
86g fat
2.7g fibre - I feel I ought to worry about this but 'everything' is working well.

The lightbulb that's keeping me on the straight and narrow is something I read on 3fc - someone was talking making sure her dh didn't augment his low carb eating with some high carb 'treats', which would instantly react with the higher fats in his low carb and turn them into something potentially heart-harmful. Something like that - it made perfect sense anyway. Every time I think even of over-vegging in this phase 1, I think: "Is it worth it, to turn all the good stuff I've eaten into something bad?", and the answer's no.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Rosinante!

Congrats on the 5 pounds! Doesn't it feel wonderful? I'd love to know the basis of Pig2Twig ... sounds interesting. BTW, I'm coming to the UK in August. I've been there a couple of times before but it was a long time ago. Any "off the beaten track" recommendations? (Not too far off, LOL)
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Rosinante - so glad you've found something that's working for you but more glad just to "see" you online again.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

Thanks, both!

CJZ - one of my favourite places of all time is Snape, and the whole Aldeburgh/Suffolk coast. It has (to Brits any way!) BIG skies, and lovely people. I can recommend a really good B and B there.
Also worth a visit but totally the other end of the Kingdom is Glasgow. It used to have such a grim reputation, for heavy industry and poverty that nobody would have thought of going there for fun. I went a couple of years ago and it's thriving and clean and exciting, with fabulous architecture, wonderful free museums and galleries and very friendly people.

Caryesings - thanks for looking out for me!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #5  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

Good job, and don't dismiss water loss. I count it as one of the great blessings going low carb has given me. Not retaining water means no more swollen hands when I walk and work in my gardens. It feels GREAT not to retain water. What a blessing. I may have given up grains for this benefit alone had I known.
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Thanks, both!

CJZ - one of my favourite places of all time is Snape, and the whole Aldeburgh/Suffolk coast. It has (to Brits any way!) BIG skies, and lovely people. I can recommend a really good B and B there.
I'd love that recommendation for the B&B. Thanks! CJ
Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/174/168

Height: 5'7

Well done on your loss!!

I'm also doing pig2twig. I started on 15th March and have lost 27lbs so far.

It's great and I haven't struggled at all on it. I only wish I'd exercised a bit more, but I'm working on that!!

Oh yes, and I'm from Glasgow and it's gorgeous and well worth a visit as you say!!
jacqu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqu79 View Post
Oh yes, and I'm from Glasgow and it's gorgeous and well worth a visit as you say!!
Do you think it could be fun for a woman traveling alone? And, if so, any suggestions on where to stay???

Thanks!
CJ
Old 05-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

BandB
About to pm you with the link - I had posted it but got a 'links may be removed' advisory, fair enough. I've reminded myself how much I want to go back!

Glasgow
I went as a solo female and it was absolutely fine. Obviously it's fine by day but I also walked from my hotel down to the opera house two nights running and back. I wouldn't have lingered on the way back but then I wouldn't in any big city. I can definitely NOT recommend a hotel! The one I stayed at could definitely be called an experience, and not of the good kind!

pig2twig

Jacqu - congratulations on the two stone! That's amazing! Yes, I don't find it hard to stick to, although I know it's early days yet. What really helps me is the chatty commentary, day by day. I read their end of day reports after I've written mine, and it's like discussing it with mates. I like that they tell you that some days you'll feel yuk - so deal with it; and I like that the foods they talk about are British. No disrespect whatsoever to American diet books but some of our foods are very different, and it makes it easier to know you're doing something right if you're not searching for substitutes for something we don't have. Do you go onto the website/forum? I love that they have a boglog!