Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Not so new, but returning

Struggling at the moment...about 4 weeks ago I decided that I'm tired of trying each new fad that comes along (without much sticking power, I might add) and I admitted that at the heart of my issues with food is idolatry, turning to food first and above the Lord. I prayed about this and asked God for forgiveness and spent the next 3 weeks having victory over my out of control behaviors by daily prayer & Scripture reading. But in the past week or so I've just taken HUGE leaps backward and can't seem to get myself turned around. I KNOW the reason for this...no prayer, no Word, no power! But I'm feeling so broken again I can't seem to get back. Anyway, that's where I am today. Thanks for listening...

Jenny
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #2  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

jenny-I hear you loud and clear. I've recently felt the same conviction about using food instead of turning to the Lord. There have been several instances when this was brought to my attention by the Holy Spirit, but now being close to maintenance I am ever aware of my need to dig deep and get to the bottom of all my food "issues". I believe it's of huge importance!
I just wanted you to know you're not alone. I have prayed for you and trust that God will give us both wisdom in honoring him with all our choices!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #3  

Thank you for your prayers & encouragement! I'm feeling much better this morning. I took my Bible with me into the bath last night and spent some much needed time in the Word & prayer. God is so good and I was very much refreshed. Had a hard time even falling asleep b/c of the Spiritual "high" It's so hard to overcome habits I've had for a lifetime, but God is faithful and I know/trust He doesn't want me to continue in this kind of bondage so He will give the strength I/we need. Blessings on you today!

Jenny
Old 05-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI JENNY ~ I set aside some time in the early AM to do one devotional and pray; then in the late evening, I read the bible and pray some more. Actually, any time I have a few extra minutes to myself, I try to take advantage of that ie mid-afternoon when I put my legs up for awhile (doctors orders).

We can all pray for each other that the LORD will give us insight and wisdom, and strength in this journey; and yes, we do want and need to be freed of the bondage of this excess weight (becuz that is how it really feels). I was at my doctors today and he said that we need to stop blaming ourselves all the time for this problem, esp those of us who really try hard to eat healthy most of the time (perfection isn't necessary).

He believes that for many of us, it is a metabolic disorder (a physical quirk where some people's bodies refuse to let go of the excess weight that it is trying very hard to hang on to -- FOR SURVIVAL), sooo maybe we should be praying for a healing instead, as in ... May the LORD make us WHOLE once again! This is the term JESUS often used when healing someone in the bible, ie the crippled man who wanted to be healed in the Jordan River.

I don't think any of us get up and say, "OH, I think I will eat really bad today and get as fat as I can" NO, we have been taught to eat and live in an unhealthy way in our abundant society; and then, we're told by those same people to deprive ourselves over and over again, which just exacerbates the problem even more ...

So now, I am praying for mercy, restoration of my health, and for wholeness as well. With the LORD's strength, I am doing my part, and then trusting that GOD will do the rest ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #5  

"So now, I am praying for mercy, restoration of my health, and for wholeness as well. With the LORD's strength, I am doing my part, and then trusting that GOD will do the rest ... "

Love this! Thank you!!