Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default It's taunting me!

So last week it was beautiful chocolate chip cookies and this week it's the most ridiculously HUGE chocolate cake. Today is two of my co-workers birthdays and per tradition we're having cake after lunch. Usually I can easily pass because the cake never looks very good. But the got that ridiculous chocolate cake from Costco. I've know this was coming all week and I was ready, and pretty sure I'd be able to resist. It didn't sound good earlier in the week. But the day is here and it's TOM and it sounds AMAZING! We'll see how it goes, it's only 8:30am here right now and I'm fully prepared. I have all my tools and a good breakfast, lunch and snacks packed. But this week I've been reading all about intuitive eating, eating what you want when you want and you're body will know when to stop. And while I find I'm probably not ready to go down that path yet, I kind of like the idea. Because it's TOM I haven't lost this week, no gain either (YAY!), but next week should be a whoosh and I'm so so close to my goal so I really just want to hang tight a little longer. The cake is so huge that if I still want it Monday, maybe I'll have some (it won't be as fresh though so I know I won't but I'll tell myself that to get through today ) Wish me luck!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I may be playing devil's advocate here, but why NOT have a little piece? We have cake at work a couple of times a month lately, and I've had a piece each time. I've still lost weight.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

For the brief time I was in WW, one woman said she only ever eat TWO BITES of dessert. She had read that when you eat something, you really only taste the very first and very last bites. So she just had the first bite and last bite, and skipped all the bites in the middle!

Could you be satisfied with only a very small piece?? Or could you look at it like this: Think about how GOOD you will feel about yourself if you do not eat the cake. You can brag to us later about not eating cake!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Resist the temptation! You can do it.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

Quote:
I may be playing devil's advocate here, but why NOT have a little piece?
I've endulged myself all along this journey and still lost 112lbs . My issue is that I usually feel physically awful after that kind of sugar, and I still feel guilt. I'd rather avoid both of those. It usually feels so much better after being able to withstand temptations than dealing with the guilt and sugar coma. The hard part is just the internal dialog during the temptation. But the satisfaction afterwards lasts so much longer than the few minutes of bliss from eating it.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Ahhh, I understand . . . Maybe I'd be further along if I could get a good sugar crash, or an upset stomach from fast food. But newp--my body LOVES all the healthy food, but it'll still take anything I throw at it (well, in it, hehe).

So did you resist?? Enquiring minds . . .

Last edited by stella1609; 05-28-2010 at 11:34 PM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #7  
Closet health nut!

I did resist! Although there was one broken white chocolate macadamia nut cookie left as I was leaving and I wanted it so I ate it and was still within my cals for the day

It actually wasn't as hard as it could have been. I just keep reminding myself about the sugar crash that I'd feel and that I was going to the gym later and would feel awful.