Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Women of Color #3

Let's keep the party going!!!

So glad to have all of you ladies to share with!

For any newbies, this is a super supportive thread tailored to the unique weight loss issues of women of color. Feel free to join in!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #2  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I'm excited about the weather getting warmer. I get more excited about working out. I'm going to be pushing for 3 liters of water today. I did it Monday and Tuesday. I want to make it a habit and it takes 27 days of doing something continuously for it to become a habit. I have 25 more to go. I'm working on 30 days of 30 Day Shred with no rest day. I will rest on day 31. I've been eating on plan and pushing to get in that size 16 in the next two weeks if not then definitely by Memorial Day.

Beaka - Thanks for starting a new thread. I'm sure you are still hyped about the 5k. What's next for you since you did that? Are you going to try for another one soon?
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #3  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

yay
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello ladies we are on thread number three!!!!! COOL

I hope everyone is having a great week. Im working and doing well just getting into the habit of getting back on plan. Im so sore. What do you guys do to help with soreness??? I took step sculpt yesterday. Today is body to pump so tomorrow Ill be really sore but no pain no gain lol
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #5  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Matilda- I find that the more water I drink the less sore I am the next day, if I find Im in too much pain (you know when your thighs are so sore u can hardly stand) Ill take a hot bath and a couple ibuprofen before bed.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #6  
I luv my curves

I took body to pump tonight and I am feeling it. Im getting back in the groove but my diet could be better.

Purdue- thanks I will try it because something has to give lol

I hope all is well, where is everyone ?????
Old 05-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #7  

Hey, Ladies! All is good my way. Been getting in some working out this week, but ate badly last night. Don't you hate it when you plan to splurge on calories and the fodd is terrible?! I went to this comedy show and we got wings and spinach dip. I swear these wings had no seasoning on them, the spinach dip tasted like some regular kraft cheese melted in a dish. I hate wasting calories!!!

Anywho...

jigglefree- yes, I'm running with my county's running group. I'll do another 5K with them in July. I'm in the beginning women's running group

Matilda- i think a lot of strething in addition to the water and hot showers/baths will help. And if you have a sauna at your gym, those help too.

Happy Friday Everyone!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #8  
I luv my curves

Happy friday everyone!!!

Thanks for the tips beaka!!!

Im feeling a lil better but still sore. I had a rest day yesterday and will probably do some walking today. I have got to get on plan and stay on plan 100% I dont know what my problem is.......my eating has been terrible.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #9  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning ladies!!
Glad to see everyone making progress!!
Matilda - I hope you feel better today. As for your eating, are you eating out a lot? Make sure all the food in the house is program friendly. Do you plan your meals? Not sure what your work schedule but try to pack all your food you will need while you are away from home. It will get easier.
Beaka - Yea I hate wasting calories too. I went to a restaurant and the food was horrible. I was very upset. That's cool about the running group. How did you find out about them?

I'm doing well and staying on task. My daughter's birthday is next Saturday and I have a pair of jeans I want to be wearing by then...I'm soooo close.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm BACK and I MISSED you girls

Hey Ladies I have missed you

I am going to try and keep this short and sweet. So I haven't been online in about 3 weeks. I was a bit sick and just took a break from everything. However here I am on track and getting back in my daily routine. I feel so great!!!!! Without this thread, WW's, and my beloved running I could have never made it so far alone. Just like Beaka I could have never imagined myself a RUNNER and a semi-thin one at that. We have such a long was on such a hard road. I look forward to keep pressing on in the journey to stay healthy!!!! I have a Half Marathon (13.1M) and Marathon (26.2) planned for this year. I am so excited about this. It will be the biggest thing I have done thus far.

BEAKA My love!!!!!!! I wish that I could hug you. I just keep thinking back to when you were first starting out. Look at how awesome you look in your pics. You're an athlete girl.....FACE IT! I can't believe you did a whole 5K OBSTACLE course. Sheesh you AnIMAL THUG!!!!

to all the newbies....

Jiggle/Matilda/Brit
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #11  
Exercise is an addiction!

S/C/G: 208.8/ticker when allowed/155

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone!!!

I've been out of the loop for a few weeks too. I joined another WLS and seem to log on there a little more than here BUT I don't want to forget about my wonderful online friends that I met here. You guys were here when I first started out and I'll always check in here!!

Since I've been away, I have been sick with Strep throat and recovered and lost a bunch more weight. I'm working on some before and after pics now.

I'm up to jogging at least 3 miles 5 days/week. I can run a 5K in less than 40 minutes (which is major for me). My best mile is 12:11. When I first started I think my mile was around 17:something.

Cake: I'm running in a half marathon in February. I plan to run that Crescent City Classic again and really cut into that time. I'm hoping to cut 15-20 minutes off the time that I had this year. Glad you're back!

Matilda: looks like you are still hanging in there. Proud of you girl.

Bea: Girl you are rocking it!!! Keep up the awesome work. I remember when you were getting ready for your 1st run. Look at you now!

Brit: OMG.... I cannot believe how amazing you are doing!! You are really rocking it!! Your transformation is amazing. I'm glad to be here to watch. You are like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon!
PrettyPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #12  

Awww!!! Ya'll are gonna make me cry over here. It's amazing how far we've all come! You ladies have done more for me with your online support than anyone I know in real life with my weight loss. I did kinda fall off on the eating last week, but was still working out. I had a lot of social stuff, so I got stuck making bad choices. I got up this morning and went for a run, stopped and got some healthy groceries, and made myself a smoothie. Then, sitting down to read these awesome comments is just the icing on the cake to being back on plan. I got a little basil plant today too, if anyone has some recipes that you add basil too, give me some tips!

I'm really enjoying the running group. The ladies are nice, and I love that I'm actually able to keep up with my group, sometimes even in the front of it- even if I am in the slow group!

jigglefree- I found out about the running group from a co-worker. You can google running clubs in your state or county to see if you come up with something.

Cake- Maybe I am actually an athlete- never woulda thunk it! I KNOW you can do a full marathon! Animal thug it!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

WELL LADIEEEES.....I am doing exceptionally well. I have been POP and feeling good again. I am just trying to get some thing together for my running club and getting enrolled in the ACE certification Study program. Plan to be certified in ACE and Zumba by November. I absolutely can't wait. Anyway I am so excited about the summer. This is only the second summer I am excited about in my adult life. No weight worries...sheesh

Beaka - It was so awesome talking with you. I am making my way there....so I hope you're excited!!!!

Pretty Pearls - That is awesome about your Half Marathon.I know you are on a new site now but YOU BETTER come back and tell us about it....lol
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #14  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

THANKS PRETTY!

all i gotta say is..insanity delivers!

its been a couple weeks since i measured myself and i have some inches lost..even though the scale hasnt moved much

i tried on a size 12 pants i found today..they came up and all but was tight and budging my waist when my buttoned them together..but either way i was shocked i could even fit my legs in them..i will make it one of my non-scale goals to fit in the comfortably..i still remember when i was wearing a size 24.

i hope these last 30 pounds really make a difference in my stomach and arms area even though i doubt it..once i hit my goal weight i will try to start toning up more

Last edited by Brit; 05-12-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #15  
I luv my curves

Hello ladies, Ive been doing ok hanging in there and working and just trying to stay op.

Beaka and Cake-you gals are doing a fab job. Keep it up. I know I should have been making more progress but Im happy that I havent given up. Just the fact that I still work out is a victory to me lol

Brit- dont be afraid to start toning up more now. It works wonders. I personally always see a difference in my body when im toning and doing cardio together. Keep up the good work though you girls are doing so great. Im trying to hand in there.

jiggle, pretty- hey!!!!!!!!!