Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Question Dieting, Counting, and getting Sick

So, I just got sick. I don't know why but I had a wave of nausea and my dinner was fighting it's way up. Now, do I count those calories? I know that seems obsessive but I don't want to overeat and gain. Not that I plan to be eating something extremely heavy any time soon but still. Just curious.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I count calories of food I throw up, just because I'd rather err on the high side than low, and you'd be surprised at how many nutrients you can absorb, even with lots of vomiting or diarrhea. But if you body is sending you hunger signals DO eat more until you aren't hungry

Be gentle without yourself if your body is sick, maybe eat off plan if you can only keep certain things down (like crackers or ginger ale) but don't let those calories go unaccounted for. If you throw it up right after swalloi g it then I think it's fair to not count it. But if it's been down for awhile I would just write it and move on.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, count the calories, because there's no way to estimate what you lost. And you don't want to get into that kind of head trip anyway.

Feel better!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick. How are you feeling today? Better, I hope.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I think you're taking this way too seriously - it's one meal right? For the rest of your life. Don't sweat it. Have some clear soup if you're hungry later, don't obsess about the little things like that, you'll drive yerself bonkers (i worry, mostly because for ME it's a very short trip!!!)
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #6  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

So far, I'm feeling better. I went sorta off plan. I controlled what I got at a buffet. Maybe the grease and a lil more food than I usually eat made my body over react. TMI! I also think it's due to constipation. I'm not sure. But I drank tons of tea and chicken broth until I felt good enough to eat a salad. My tummy is still a bit angry but keeping it down.

AND NSV: I might have lost a half an inch. Cause there were a few scrub pants I don't wear anymore cause they were bridging too tight. I figured I'd start hanging up laundry and tried on what works now and what doesn't. And two of them fit comfortably. ^____^ With the job I work, I'd rather wear looser scrubs than tight.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote