Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #1  
Going After my Dream

S/C/G: 310/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking Mini Goal #1-COMPLETE!!

Hi everyone!

My first mini goal wasn't about getting to a specific weight number it was about being able to run for 5 minutes straight. Thanks to C2K program I did that successfully today-running 2-5 minute intervals and a total of 16 minutes of run time.

i apologize if you have read this in the other thread.

I failed my first attempt at week 4 on Sunday. I tried again yesterday without anymore success and I just gave up.

Well I felt terrible all day.

I don't want to give up on myself ever again! I was so mad at myself.

So this morning after walking the kids to school and finishing the housework I jumped on the treadmill and made myself think about all the people in my life that have been terrible to me because of the way I look. About all those people I have never been good enough for, about the kids that were so mean to me growing up, about that one kid who kicked me over and over again in the shins when I was 9. And i kept thinking about them all the way through my run.

I guess I owe them some gratitude since I made it through week 4 day 1 because of them.

I am so proud of myself.

No one will ever tell me again that I can't do something physically.

Especially myself.
Nantucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #2  
Kaye

S/C/G: 176/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!!!!!:d
yoyo no more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #3  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Yes! I wish I had your endurance, but, sadly, I don't. I'm just a regular ol' walker. Good for you for being able to run! And good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote