Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #1  

Smile something I'm proud of...a new habit I'm forming...

So I was noticing an abundance of threads related to struggles, hard times and slip-ups today on this board and wanted to throw in one where we can celebrate our successes. Something we are proud of. A new habit we are forming. A change we have made today...or for several days. A way of thinking that wasn't there before. You get my drift. I'll start us off.

1 - Saturday morning a friend stopped me and asked me to go see a play with him that evening. I had a workout planned, an hour long run at 7 pm. I agreed to go to the play and then walked downstairs, put on my shorts, running shoes and tank top and grabbed my ipod for a 5 mile run. Didn't even think "oh, should I skip my workout? I guess since I'm going to a play I can't get my run in..." Just did it - automatically.

2 - I'm going with some friends next week to a waterpark. I have two new swimsuits (both size 12) and I am not horrified at the prospect of walking around in a swimsuit for the better part of 2 days, or planning to dive underwater if anyone wants to take some group pictures of the fun.

There's good days, there's bad days, times when we get strokes from the scale and times when we don't. But we are making changes, however small, however tentative, we are taking positive steps. So let's name those and claim those. Come on - I dare you. Go ahead and brag.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I am just recently realizing that not only has daily exercise become a habit, but I'm even taking on new activities just because I want to challenge my body. This is SO not the old Cary.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

- I have rarely had a second helping of anything.
- I almost never eat standing up.
- I rarely lick my fingers or cooking utensils.
- I write down everything I eat and count the calories in for the day.

I am amazed and so proud. For me, it's as much about living with food as eating the food.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-27-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Height: 5'8"

I like this thread! Great idea..

1-Last night I went out to dinner with my family to Olive garden (which I have not ate out since starting)and choose Salmon and broc. It came and I cut it in half immediatley cause the piece was big. I felt awesome about my choice being that sometimes it is hard to find or make good choices when eating out.

2- I have come to the realization (mentally) that my goal is attainable. I feel very proud of myself for losing 16.4 lbs in 7 weeks!!
sha25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I got abck on the weight loss wagon in January... and I AM STILL HERE. It is May (almost June!) and I am still working at it. If I don't exercise one day or even one week, it is ok, b/c I don't just quit - I simply go back to the gym the next day or week. I don't give it up for months at a time like I used to.

If I have a "bad" meal or "bad weekend" or "bad" couple of weekends. That is OK. I just try again the following meal/week/weekend.

I keep trying and that has been something different this time. I haven't just thrown in the towel at the first sign of a struggle.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I have not bought a single meal at work in almost a year! I ALWAYS bring my lunch and snacks.

Even when I'm running late and get pizza for the kids, I always take the time to cook something for myself. I never eat the pizza.

Everybody at the gym chats with me and knows my name. I'm a regular.

I have to travel to NYC tomorrow to give a presentation and I'm not worried about what to wear. In fact, I have several options.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm just saying no. Last night I went to dinner and didn't have a single tortilla chip at the restaurant. Didn't have any popcorn. Didn't have a single piece of candy. I snacked on a couple mixed nuts I brought with me. And this is now normal for me!!!

I've also stopped the epic dramatic battle in my head "noooooo but I want the brownie!!!!AGH! Why can't I have it?!?!" has turned into a shoulder shrug and an oh well. I've stopped dwelling on the foods I can't have. It's made my struggle so much easier, and now eating healthy is automatic.

I'm not looking for excuses anymore. "Oh boy I'm driving 4 hours... should stop and grab a burger and fries!" has turned into me packing some snacks, eating before the drive, and bringing water. (especially since I commute 4 hours each way every other weekend)
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I "didn't" go out to lunch today at my favorite restaurant!!!! It was a close call, tho. I brought my lunch (like normal) and decided that it's already here ... soo....
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #9  

Great job, everybody! Look at all the cool stuff we've been doing. Congrats! We DO have the power to create change, and we are capable of doing things we've never done before. Yes, our goals are attainable!

beverly - not eating standing up, that's a challenge I'll have to try...

sha - I'm going out to dinner tonight and am planning on salmon and broccoli (or whatever steamed veg they have)
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Beach Patrol - I find I am so much less likely to go for lunch when I have my packed. It doesn't always work - but usually!

I rode my exercise bike last night and the night before for 80 min both nights. Last night I had the worst headache and was so tired, but I did it anyway.

Even though I haven't been doing that good, I have still been coming here and posting - hopefully it kicks in soon. lol
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I am proud that 5 weeks in I am still here and down 13 pounds! I am logging everything I eat and I am on purpose in all my choices.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #12  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm so proud of the fact that I have become a vegetarian. It's been about 3 weeks and I have never felt this good in my entire life. I'm learning about new foods, fruits, and vegetables and I'm not craving meat in the least bit.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote