General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Anyone on here crochet or knit?

If so... what do you make?

I crochet and knit... though right now I'm more in a crochet mood. I find it easier to do more complex stitches with one hook vs two (or more) needles.

I usually make myself headbands and hats... though I have made cat toys, dog and cat collars, a horse fly bonnet... and I'm working on a harry potter (death eater and bellatrix) bag. So yeah...

I might take some pictures later.

So... what do y'all make?

Any of you on ravelry.com?
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Nope, not on that.

I've made baby things, scarf stuff, blankets.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

My daughter's 10 and she's making alot of crocheted stuff ATM.
She's learning by watching videos on the internet. Knit and Crochet Today, I think is the name of the website.
She's made fingerless gloves (hand warmers-??), small purses, head bands, a couple of hats. She's realy been doing well, I think.
I'm spacially challenged and can't figure out the directions
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I crochet. I make blankets and scarves. Nothing too fancy. Basic stitching and a few shell patterns. I also make jewelry (I haven't bought earrings in about 2 years). When I get home (and to my digital camera) I'll post the necklace/bracelet/earring set I made. I can't knit. I seem to get the stitches way too tight with knitting. I haven't tried in years though.
I'm teaching myself to sew by hand, and when I get home I'm planning on taking a sewing fundamentals class.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah! I do both!

Recently, I've been crocheting with #10 thread making doilies, but mostly mojo bags for and upcomming festival. I crochet them in white, then dye them with rit dye. I have also been crocheting baby blankets for close relatives. Seems like everyone is having baby's all of a sudden!

As for knitting, I just learned in the past couple of years, but figured out how to make socks!

Does anyone sew? I've been making my own t-shirts and can't seem to stop. I love them sew much!

here are some pics of my doilies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cosmos2.jpg (43.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg SpiralDoily.jpg (48.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Table Runner2.jpg (38.0 KB, 7 views)
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 AM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I make baby things and give them as gifts or donate them to hospitals or other 'baby place' charities

This is a good site to get patterns and ideas
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/patterns.html

as well as here
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php
and here.
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #7  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Homebound, Beautiful work! I sew, but I make quilts.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm more comfortable with crochet (my mom and grandma started teaching me when I was 4). I tried learning to knit from a book when I was about 10, but that didn't go very well (I picked up knit stitch easily enough, but I couldn't purl to save my life, I kept dropping stitches).

Then I found a group on yahoo called knitting with crochet hooks, and finally mastered the purl. I now can knit with pointed needles, but I still prefer hooks. I use circular afghan crochet hooks and 14" afghan hooks as knitting needles (you can actually buy knitting needles with hooked points. They're not very popular in the U.S., so I just afghan hooks in pairs and use a knitting needle gauge to determine the knitting needle size. I have one set of hooked knitting needles, and they are identical to my afghan hooks, except the one has the knitting needle number written on the end caps, and my crochet hooks have the crochet hook letter written on their end caps).

Right now I'm on a combining kick. I love combining crochet and knit in the same project. I'm working on a teal tote bag with alternating bands of knit and crochet.

I'm also working on an afghan for my SIL's wedding present. I still haven't decided whether to present it as is, or whether to felt it first (I'm leaning toward felting, as I already felted some gauge squares, and I love how the yarn felts).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I've been a knitter since I was a little girl and have knitted hundreds of items over the years. I've only recently taken up crochet and I'm loving how easy it is to do what looks like quite complex lacy patterns. I've just completed a crochet teddy for my neice which came out suprisingly well as there was quite a lot of shaping in it which were new techniques to me and a pretty cotton summer cardigan for my DD.

HandHB you're doilies are lovely, I've not tried anything so fine yet but as I like a challenge may end up trying something similar soon.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

I only know how to knit. I like knitting lots, but haven't done it in a while. I like making Icelandic sweaters and socks mainly.
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #11  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

I do, I do!

I don't have a current sewing project, and I've decided to knit an afghan.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I started out knitting, but moved on to crochet. I find crochet to be much easier....I'm terrible about dropping stitches, and it is so much easier to correct when you only have to deal with one loop at a time! I make doiles, aghans & baby blankets.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #13  
Happy Member

I do both knitting and crocheting. I've made afghans, baby blankets, baby sweaters, adult sweaters, doilies, dollies, just about anything that can be made with either skill.

Currently I am making some small teddy bears and clothing for them. In the fall our church has a bazaar and I will be donating the bears for that. Any that aren't sold will be given to the police department which uses little toys of that nature for small children that are in need of something to cuddle.

Handicrafts are fun. Doing them in the evenings helps keep my hands out of the cookie jar. LOL.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/158/130

Height: 5'2"

Default I do/I am

I knit and crochet both, and I am on Ravelry as AprilBroken. Craft is what keeps me sane!
AprilSmitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #15  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I knit. Very slowly with too many projects on the needles but I knit. I'm on Ravelry, my queue there is much longer than my available knitting time!

Right now I mainly knit stuff for my kids, but one day I swear I'm going to finish that Central Park Hoodie. Of course, I'm not sure I even like the yarn anymore, but that's another ramble.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote