South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Hey all! I'm back and feeling FAAAAAAAT

Hey to all my friends,

Sorry I have been awol now for almost a month (I think). I have been dealing with my mom's illness and rehabilitation and all my own issues around it. We've been away almost every weekend at hotels etc. and life has been hectic and I've been totally stressed out.

Things have settled down now and I've learned some important lessons about my parents and how to handle their aging. Just because I want to help, does not necessarily mean they want it. I need to learn how to step back and offer help to people in a way that they want, rather than how I want to help. This is a huge realization for me that not only touches the situation with my parents but every other aspect of my life too. I'm looking at how it ripples out, just looking and watching.

My mom is doing better. Today they have a meeting at the rehab to determine how much longer she will need to be there, and what will happen when she is released to go home. How she handles her recovery from there is her decision. Luckily my parents do not have financial issues; if they decide to, they can hire whatever help they need. It is just a question of whether they will decide to do that or whether they will continue to try to handle everything themselves. I'm going to try to be as supportive as possible while also taking care of myself and my family too. Because my parents made the decision to move 2.5 hours away from us, the only family they have, it is not easy for me to help them or see them as much as I would like to, but that is not my problem any more. I will do what I can but I can't throw my own family into upheaval.

I haven't even weighed myself recently but I know it's not pretty as I've been totally off plan since this all went down. I've decided that June is my month for healing and getting my butt into action. I'm going to do a totally clean Phase 1 starting June 1 (again) and spend the rest of the month slowly getting back into gear after that. I'm also going to measure when I start so I can have a better sense of my progress.

I'm so glad that this site and everyone is hear. I look forward to being back in touch with everyone!
Love,
Matilda
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope everything goes well for your mother, Matilda! I know it hasn't been easy for you, but you've tried to do the best you can for your parents, and they know you love them. I'm having a few issues with my parents regarding their health right now, too, but it's ultimately in their hands. It's difficult and frustrating though, isn't it?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm glad to see you back. And it sounds like, while the month has been hard, you have reached a place where you need to be. I hope you can really put yourself first for a while.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Welcome back!
I've got a feeling June is going to be a great month for you.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Glad you're back!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

WB Matilda! Prayers for you and your family!!!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I had a post and it disappeared. grrr

I was just thinking about you yesterday while searching some old threads! It's good to see you again. Sounds like it's been a stressful month but you've figured out some important stuff. I'm so glad you are back and taking good care of you again

It seems like quite a few of us are dealing with similar things. It can be a hard place to be but I do feel better seeing some of you walk through and knowing I'm not the only one and neither are you I'm learning so much from all of you.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #8  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Like Cyndi I was thinking about you yesterday. I was mentioning the rolled omelette you created. Glad you are back!!!

It is hard to see loved ones sick especially our mothers. I know I always felt my mom was invincible. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammie
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I've been thinking about you, too. I hope to start seeing you in the mornings again! Missed you!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote