South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Temptationless Tuesday

Good morning. It's going to be a hot one and ice cream will be tempting. I did succumb yesterday - pralines 'n cream at Forfar, Cottage.

Huge day ahead with village planting. As I write, a truckload of trees and men is on its way here from Ottawa and Gerry P. is loading his truck with earth and rotted manure. We are moving 24 trees from the park to places around the village and the Ottawa guys are bringing some new ones as well. This has to be all over this morning as I have Pet Therapy this afternoon and then have to get the Soccer Girls started with the car bingo at 5:30. "Honk if you have Bingo!"

Today is Disney's and my anniversary. Two years ago, she came to live with us and has been just a super dog. I may give her some ground beef for supper tonight and extra cuddling tonight - may even let her watch American Idol!

Have a terrific and temptation-free Tuesday.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! Happy Anniversary to you and Disney...I remember you writing about her when you first got her . I'm almost tempted to watch Idol myself tonight (isn't it the finale?), but since I haven't watched one this season, maybe not.

My tummy was much better yesterday, but I didn't brave exercise. I did, however, get up and already have an outdoor run. That's the first time I've done an early am outside run, in part b/c I have to be back by 6:15 so the DH can leave. If this morning is any indicator of the day, it's going to be very warm and muggy. The Reesie Pup sure was happy though!

Now, I have to be back on track with my eating!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

From your lips...

Ruth - What is car bingo? DH and I finally watched some Idol last night... three episodes. Maybe we will get caught up.

I may finally try riding my bike outside today! I need to see how it feels on my shoulder, but I think the bike path may have dried up enough so I don't fall Rain is expected again soon though. Sigh. The elliptical is really, really boring me.

Hey Twynn. Glad you got to run outside with the pup. Hot and humid here too. Ugh.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Happy Anniversary to Disney & Ruth!
Ruth, you just HAD to mention ice cream, didn't you! I was really fighting off the ice cream monster on my way home from work yesterday. DQ was calling to me, but I managed to win the battle. Thank goodness I was no where near the Mexican ice cream parlor that has my favorite, avocado, or I may have succumbed. I WILL join you in a cone at Forfar this summer, though! It sounds like another busy day in your life, today!

There's nothing much going on around here right now. Cindy has a new gardener starting today, and it's my job to supervise them, as she will be gone all day. Other than that, though, SOSO.

I do hope it's a temptationless Tuesday for all of us!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn, I'm glad you are feeling much better! Are you ready for tomorrow's forecast? It's supposed to get into the 90s!

Karen, be careful on your bike today! Take it slow and easy.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #6  

Cottage - NO!! Is it me, or did we skip over the pleasant 60's? And avocado ice cream? Hmmmmm.....I'm trying to figure that one out.

Karen - hope you get out on the bike today!! Ellipticals are boring to me too. And, my toes always fall asleep .
Old 05-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm very tired, even after getting alot of rest last night. I think the combo of emotions and long days leading to my friends memorial AND fundraising event, and the additional duties of garden and special needs pets while Kirk is gone are taking a bit of a toll ...and knowledge that Mom is showing up tomorrow.

I already walked Rudi up the road even though it's very cold (light frost last night). Fortunately, tomatoes are under cover although they will be much happier when they have a hot sunny day. I would love to ride to the pool this AM but don't know that I have the energy. Instead, I may put it on the rack and take a short ride into town from the pool.

Ruth, I left my coffee outside while walking Rudi-it's now Iced-does that count? Wow, busy day. Take care. Happy anniversary to you and Disney.

Twynn, glad you got an early run in AND are feeling better!

Karen, I hope you get your bike ride in before the rain.

Linda, Avocado ice cream? Interesting....have a good day in your new supervisory role.

Ok, it's only 6 here. I guess I'll work on getting the house spruced up and reevaluate the game plan.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #8  

Debbie - take care of yourself... It's okay to take the day off!!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning A quick check-in from work. Our wireless still wasn't working this morning so I came in early to get my fix Apparently they actually got it back up and running soon after. Oh well. I'm leaving early for a dentist appointment then WFH this afternoon so not so bad.

Ruth - Happy pupiversary! Hope there are lots of extra cuddles for you and Disney today

Twynn - glad the bug has moved on. Happy running

Karen - Good luck with the bike. We've been out every day just a little and I'm really enjoying it.

Cottage - congratulations on your victory over the ice cream monster! Have you tried making your own? We have a machine but I'm usually too lazy. DW makes good "ice cream" though.

Debbie - I'm with Twynn a mellow day might be just the thing. A little dog cuddle time may get you in the right frame of mind for company.

Tammie - Try Local Harvest to find CSAs near you.

Okay, time to get some work done. I'll try to stop back this afternoon
Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #10  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Thanks Cyndi I will look!

Morning everyone

Busy busy at work! Today is one girls last day and they are not replacing her. This is our busiest time of the year!

Debbie Have a good day!

Ruth- You are one busy lady!!

Cottage Advocado icecream. I like advocado but I am not sure about this!

Karen Hope you get a bike ride in!

Twynn Hope your tummy is better soon.

Tammie
Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls!

Just a quick fly-by. Got a new pic of the puppy late last night so here you go. 2 days til we get her!

Had a successful (but crabby) Day 1 yesterday, but I think I'm gonna do fine. Late night at work tonight. Yuck!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voodoo7weeks.jpg (23.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #12  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth, great title! Sounds like you have quite the busy day planned! Car bingo sounds like fun. Happy anniversary to you and the pooch!

Twynn, glad your stomach feels better.

Karen, I hope your shoulder feels good enough to go for a bike ride!

Cottage, way to go resisting the ice cream!

Debbie, I hope you find the time for a nap! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate...

Cyndi, Have a great day!!

Tammie, that sounds awful! Busiest time of year and they aren't replacing the girl who is leaving?? I'm sorry. I hope it doesn't add any stress to your life.

weezle, The pup is just too cute!! I'm sure you can't wait to pick her up!!

I woke up to rain, which is a bit strange for my area this time of year. I just caught the forecast and it looks like it will be raining until Friday. Ugh. Oh well, I have to finish my research paper and study for finals anyways, so I guess it's good that beautiful weather won't be tempting me to blow off my responsibilities. Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Woo hoo! Rode 21 miles today! The shoulder ached a bit but was very manageable. I avoided any routes with big hills (partly out of laziness) to avoid the pulling on the handlebars. And was cautious and a bit nervous about falling. And I sure was hungry when I was done!

Linda - Avocado ice cream? I never heard of such a thing. My all time favorite was years ago in NH - gingersnap. Yummmmmm. DS should be hitting your neck of the woods soon; his travel companion lives outside Philly.

Twynn - My toes do that too! I thought it was from the neuroma in my feet.

Debbie - How long is Mom staying with you? I made DH put our bikes on the rack today too. Otherwise if we rode from home I'd have to hit at least one big hill. I bet your ride will re-energize you.

Cyndi - I would be lost without my internet fix! I am even planning to take a laptop to the spa for the first time.

Tammie

Cute puppy Lisa. Wow - her eyes! Did you pick a name yet?

Kelly - That is positive thinking. Happy studying. (Is that an oxymoron?)

Off to the store. Have a great day all.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #14  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Avocado ice cream? Eww! LOL I can't even handle the "mouth feel" of just plain avocado.

Tonight will be the best night of tv, BIGGEST LOSER finale, followed by Parenthood season finale (I'm going to be so in mourning though after this episode airs. ) Al least I know for sure they got picked up for the fall
Will just have to re-watch episodes until I drive the family crazy. Obsess much?? LOL

In other news, its the last day of P1! Down 8lb in 2 weeks!!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Karen,

We've named her Voodoo. Goes with her eyes
Closed Thread