Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Default Fat moving after going to maintenance?

I'm 15, girl, 5'8, and 135 pounds
I started at 165-ish, and was originally going to go to 130
I stopped after I lost all the weight around my collar bone, rib cage, spine, and hips, but my stomach and legs are still big
It's so annoying, but I'm too afraid to go down any further,
I just think my thighs are so big!
I tone them, and can feel a lot of muscle, maybe even more than fat, but they aren't what I thought they would be after weight loss... :\

I've heard that after weight loss, your body will move the fat (slowly) from one place to another to even it out, is this true? Will my legs trim down and my bony areas gain some more fat?
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

If your doing weights, I think if your doing lighter weights and more reps, you're supposed to tone over bulk? I don't think fat moves around though. I can't say for sure. I have yet to ever be slim. at my smallest, I still had a major pooch on my stomach. Crunches and situps should flatten it out some though...
anyone else have suggestions?

Last edited by CrystalZ10; 05-23-2010 at 06:54 PM.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yes I've heard many stories of people continuing to lose inches and sizes with weight training. More reps lighter weights however is a myth. I'd do research on the best weight training program for you and visit the weight training and maitenance forums.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #4  

I just looked up the more reps of lighter weights, and 2 websites said the same thing (that it's good), but one (which seemed more official) said it was a myth,
I think that doing light weights is pointless, because it's not challenging so you wouldnt be buring much calories, and my muscles would completely weaken then

I've been at the same weights for a few weeks, and I don't think I'm going to go any more on the weights because I dont want my muscles to get any bigger and I dont think they really can get much bigger...

I didn't see a maintenance forum...maybe I should just look harder :P
I'll go there now though, thansk!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Here's something else to keep in mind. You're only 15, you're not even done growing so you're body will likely continue to change and things will move around. Just hang in there.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
Here's something else to keep in mind. You're only 15, you're not even done growing so you're body will likely continue to change and things will move around. Just hang in there.
I'm 16 actually, my birthday was recently, so I mustve forgot when I posted :P
But youre so right! I don't know why I worry so much...but I can't help it,
I'm going to try hard to maintain, and see how things go over in the next few months,
Old 05-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #7  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

First of all, hello fellow Megan. And you and I are similar heights/weights. Yay for us, lol.

And, I'm actually having the same problem as you. My original goal was 145lbs, having never been that small, I had no idea what it would look like on me. Well I got to 145 and it was definitely a big improvement, but I knew I still had a ways to go. Here I am now at 136, and I'm starting to get bony. Not gaunt or sickly, but I don't want my bones to stick out anymore than they already do. But I *definitely* still have a poochy tummy, still have flab in spots, still have chubby thighs.

I'm just going to focus on lowering my body fat percentage from now on. It's not just "toning up," because I can do crunches for a week and have firm abs...under a layer of fat. I need to change my body composition so there's much more muscle and much less fat. That's a slow process, but it's what I'm working towards now.

Clean eating (avoiding processed junk), moderate cardio to keep burning fat, and lots of resistance training.

Congrats on maintaining!
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I second that your body is still going to be changing. I was a very similar size to what I am now when I was 16 and I was a small 34B--now at 26 and approximately the same general body size, I wear a full 34C. Just keep up your healthy eating and exercising, and let your body adjust. You're gonna see a big difference as your body just naturally matures.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

[quote=MeganTheMushroom;330457

I didn't see a maintenance forum...maybe I should just look harder :P
I'll go there now though, thansk![/quote]

Congratulations on taking charge of your health. You have done a great job. We have a very active maintainers forum.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #10  

megan- cool, another megan
I'm pretty bony in some areas, I guess it all has to do with genes, but how can you lower body fat while keeping the scale the same? and by resistance training, do you mean push-ups, pull ups, squats, etc. ?

Stella- you're probably right too, I wear a 34B right now, but I probably could go smaller after weight loss... :\
I'm sure a body knows what it's doing, and it will work itself out, sort of like extra skin, it doesn't leave that, it gets rid of it...slowly, cell by cell, but it does it
Old 05-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Megan, yes--resistance training is basically strength/weight training. It's anything that works and tones your muscles. The exercises you listed are body weight resistance exercises.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote