South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #1  
Bye pre/post-preg pounds

S/C/G: 227/227/148

Height: 5.6

Default May 23 Starting TODAY

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker while attempting this WOE several times. I want to experience the "fog lift" and energy boost that users are talking about. And I want to get rid of these crazy cravings and get off this diet roller coaster! Today, this is it!! I will do this. I have one beautiful daughter and want another child but my weight is holding me back, enough already! I want to loose at least 20 lbs before TTC, which is in 6 weeks. I know that goal may be to much, but... if I don't cheat...maybe it's possible, what do you think? Anyway, here I go. I'm sure I'll have many questions along the way!

Thanks
Bonnie

Last edited by Gottadoit1; 05-23-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling error
Gottadoit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Good luck Bonnie!! Be sure to read some of the South Beach books. It really helps in understanding the plan.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Bonnie!

Glad to have you here, I too am trying to get in really good shape to have another child and I would love to support you in any way I can I have lost 6 pounds in the first 8 days of this plan so I think if you stick to it and exercise you may just reach the 20 or close to it on the beach, we also have a couple of threads on here you can join and even post your food for the day, I know that helps me, Have a great day one and I cant wait to hear about your success
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #4  
Bye pre/post-preg pounds

Wow, thanks for your quick replys. It's nice to know that there is support out there!

Have a great Sunday.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Gottadoit1 and

I'm glad you've decided to join us! I can honestly say without doubt that the friendship AND accountability at 3FC has been the best choice I have made in my journey.

I'd like to chime in and make a suggestion. My suggestion would be to make yourself a committment to stay on plan and post here every single day UNTIL your event and at that point accept that "where your are is where you are." That way, you will have done your best, made new friends and set yourself up for posting even on the hard days. (I've found there are always a few)

My serious journey on the road to permanent weight loss began a little over a year ago, when I was set to go on a mini vacation and had to accept that I had regained 20 pounds during the winter and was in jeopardy of regaining it all. I made a committment to stay OP no matter what for 6 months. It worked, but I can say that at 6 weeks I felt fatter than I did when I started, although my clothes definitely fit better. At 6 months I felt great, and the time OP had allowed enough time for the results of my efforts to be visible to others, but more importantly, to me.

I look forward to getting to know you better!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you Bonnie. This is a great place to hang out for ideas, support, inspiration, friendship...
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #7  

Hi Bonnie. Welcome. I'm pretty new here too. Today is the final day of ph1. I lost 9lbs the first week and 2 the second. Feel more energetic and clear headed. I know you will benefit from this board and these great people as I have. All are always happy to help.
lookinforsz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #8  
Bye pre/post-preg pounds

Default Detour ;-(

Looks like I'm starting tomorrow I knew there was a BBQ today at my MIL and I was all set on having a lean steak with veggies, but when I got there, there were only hamburgers (with my favorite type of bread), chips and dip and an orange cake! It's hard not to detour when your on Day 1. So, I decided to eat and start tomorrow. I made a promise to myself and I will keep it!

Thanks for your advice and words of encouragement. Congrats on all your successes! I will post everyday to keep myself on track.

Bonnie

Last edited by Gottadoit1; 05-23-2010 at 02:48 PM.